- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Sunday 7/28 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 7 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (39 - 77 / $138.00): BLOOMING GENIUS (1st)
Spot Play: THE BRUZILIAN BLUR (6th)
(4) BLOOMING GENIUS put in a big effort even racing greenly in his first career start. The 2-year-old colt has a lot of room for improvement. (7) PAINKILLER two-year-old has big time pedigree and has a ton of upside in a race with few contenders. (2) SWEET COMPETITION freshman pacer has been improving with each start and should be in line for a good trip.
(1a) LITTLE MS CHRISSY will be tough to beat if she stays trotting. (2) TROT FUDGE SUNDAE could be the only threat to upset the entry. Last year's champ appears to be heading in the right direction after a few hiccups. (1) JUST FOR FUN filly has a ton of talent and probably needed her last start.
In a wide open race for freshman filly pacers (4) PERFECTLY CLEAR had some sneaky pace after being shuffled and should offer the right price. (2) MAE FLYNN could hit the board at a big price. The filly's effort two back was really good. (3) LINDA ON MY MIND filly hasn't progressed after a great debut but does find a soft field.
(4) NIDAROS well bred filly has trotted some good miles at Hoosier and that could translate well; threat. (3) I'M A POP STAR is another well bred trotter that raced gamely last start. (1) SNEAKY filly parlayed an ideal trip to victory last out and should keep improving.
(2) READY gelding is 0 for his career but finds the softest field he's faced this year. (4) EL SHOOTER three-year-old pacer raced big off of dull cover and needed the start last out. (8) BEACHSIDE BUNGALOW had a much improved effort in last; fires early.
In a very evenly matched race (6) THE BRUZILIAN BLUR showed a lot of talent as a 2-year-old but hasn't been the same so far. Filly put in a much improved effort last out and might be ready to put it all together in a weak field. (1) OUR MISS LILY well bred filly has come up empty in her last two but owns the fastest win of the year. (4) STARS N BARS filly has been improving in her last few and will be firing early.
(4) PEACELOVEPACE filly has been a slow learner but has been pacing much better the last month; threat. (3) MJ'S SISTA gets the top driver and should be involved early. (5) ONE LOUD DING Indiana bred 3-year-old had a very tough trip last out but could be a player late; use underneath.
In a field with few contenders (5) RECKONING DAY looks to have the most upside in the race and has a big chance to get his picture taken. (1) VAN DONK could be the only threat to the top choice after crushing last out but does take a bump up in class. (6) TANGIBLE HOPE gelding makes his second start in a new barn and had a lot of pace late last out.
(6) FOX VALLEY ABSOLUT mare takes a huge drop in class and owns a ton of back class. The only question mark is the time off. (8) LADYBONES could be a live long shot that gets sent out for a red hot barn. (5) FOX VALLEY RUBY is a 3-year-old facing older but in a very weak an inconsistent field.
(3) ARCH VILLAIN make sure the 6-year-old is on the gate as he has missed it in a few recent starts including his last. The gelding would be a huge threat down in class if he stays pacing. (5) GALACTIC STAR went a big trip last time with very dull cover; fires late. (1) SHAX five-year-old pacer was on fire late down the lane from an impossible spot and would be in the money with a repeat performance.
- 1.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 2.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 3.Posted 12/08/2013 06:24PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM