- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Sunday 6/30 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 7 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (33 - 65 / $115.40): ALIYAH MARIA (5th)
Spot Play: FANCY LABEL (6th)
(5) FLYING HIGH well bred colt put in a nice first career start, gets a good post, and should show improvement second time on the track. (8) LAZURUS three-year-old also had a good first start after a slow beginning. Gelding will need to find a way into the race; command a price. (7) PERFECT PROFIT five-year-old mare makes her career debut off a very nice qualifier, however that was the first time she stayed flat; use caution.
(5) ALWAYS THE SUN gelding has the look, pedigree, and speed to be a very nice stakes horse. (6) PQ THREE two-year-old makes his debut off a strong qualifier; threat. (3) THEINDECENTLAWYER is another well bred 2-year-old that kicked home in 26 4/5 in his first time on the track. The trainer of the colt is known for having his stock ready off the bench.
(6) KELSY'S STAR filly had no excuse as she came first over and was by the eventual winner before being nosed out. Three-year-old is in a very soft and inexperienced field. (2) FOX VALLEY YAVONNE filly has just raced evenly so far but gets another good post in an inconsistent field. (1) FOX VALLEY LEGEND gelding has some talent but can’t seem to mind his manners. Three-year-old draws the rail and just needs to stay trotting to hit the ticket.
(6) EASY RICHESS filly put in a very disappointing effort last out in a bad field. Three-year-old faces an even worse field and should be firing early; vulnerable late. (10) ONE LOUD DING could be the only threat to the top choice but will have to find a way into the race. (2) SHELBY LU filly has been racing gamely and now makes her first start in a new barn.
(2) ALIYAH MARIA filly crushed last out showing a new dimension. Three-year-old gets the best post and finds a field with few contenders. (5) DUNE IN RED burst on the scene as a good looking 2-year-old and appeared to be ready for a big year but something went wrong. The filly looks to be back on her game kicking home in 26 3/5 and now makes her third start off a layoff. (6) DALLAS JONES was no match for the top choice last out but did need the start and is versatile.
(8) FANCY LABEL talented trotter made a miscue last out but has the most upside in the race and should offer a great price. (3 )SOUTHWIND MATALLIC well bred gelding has yet to miss the board in all ten of his starts but only has one win; use underneath. (1) EXPLOSIVE MUSCLES good-looking trotter showed a will to win in his first start of the year, draws the rail, and should show improvement.
(8) REVOLUTIONARY gelding put in a nice effort last out just getting beat by a horse who tripped out. Five-year-old will by firing early and just needs to ration out his speed. (4) WOLFIES SPORTSTER gelding comes off a scratch but is one of the faster horses in the race. (1) RIGHTONRAY five-year-old doesn't look that good on paper but his last race was better and the gelding looks to be in line for a ground-saving trip from the rail.
In a wide open and tough race to handicap (2) VOLLEYBALL STAR needed her last start and raced much better than her last few efforts. (4) LEANMEAN NORMAJEAN mare could be the sleeper in the race off her last effort and is now making her third start back off a long layoff. (6) KISS ON THE LIPS filly turned it around last out for a new barn but will need more.
(5) KK'S BANDIT mare always tries hard when she stays trotting. Four-year-old is versatile and could use a smooth trip. (4) ITZ ALIVE gelding is 0 for the year but is knocking on the door after just missing last out. (1) B FLY MCQUEEN mare makes her first start back off a layoff and comes off an impressive qualifier. The 4-year old could need a start but does get the rail in a soft field.
(8) DUNESIDE BRAT filly dominated last out wire to wire from a tough post. Three-year-old has yet to show consistency but faces a similar field. (3) FULL SERVICE well bred filly looks to be a late bloomer and has run off three straight victories. The 3-year-old looks to be in line for a pocket trip behind the top choice. (5) C J'S TERROR mare has had some breaking issues but could hit the ticket at a big price if she stays pacing.
- 1.Posted 12/11/2013 03:00PM
- 2.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/11/2013 03:32PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 07:22PM