- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Sunday 6/23 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 7 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (33 - 62 / $115.40): STARDOM BOUND (10th)
Spot Play: UPFRONT MISS MAJOR (7th)
(3) SHELBY LU filly had an excellent start last and now makes her second start for a new trainer; threat. (7) ONE LOUD DING three-year-old made a break when she was on the move. The filly could get a fast pace to chase which would make her a threat to sweep by late. (9) NA ZDROWIE filly broke her maiden last out digging in late to fight off the top choice. Three-year-old will probably be firing off the gate and just needs a smooth trip to be in the money.
(2) SARA THE SPY filly jogged last out against the field with a big late kick. Filly will need to mind her manners but appears to be the horse to beat. (5) TROT FUDGE SUNDAE still a few question marks about the 2-year-old champ; it looked like she was getting ready to set sail at the top of the stretch last out before jumping off stride. She recovered and should an explosive move to finish the mile. (1) JUST FOR FUN filly is one half of a powerful entry and the three-year-old gets the best post.
(5) DRAGON'S SPORT going to try the gelding one last time as he has been improving with each start. (6) COAL BLACK scored a relative easy victory last out dominating at Maywood. Gelding ships back to the big track and a repeat of that effort makes him dangerous; vulnerable late. (7) FOX VALLEY MALONE three-year-old has talent but only one start on the year. Watch the tote board early because I suspect if he's ready he would be the horse to beat.
In a very tough race to handicap (6) KELSEY'S STAR just raced evenly last out but finds a very soft field full of question marks. (5) VIENNA filly shows breaks but also has shown big ability. The 2-year-old faces older but would be a threat if she stayed trotting. (3) MONTICELLO LULU four-year-old also has breaking issued but looked to have gotten a few kinks worked out in the qualifier.
(6) REVOLUTIONARY gelding has a lot of positives going for him. He picks up the top driver, takes a big drop in class for a tag, and appears to be pacing fastest of all. (8) OHYOUATEONETOO gelding was flying late in the mile last out and has put in three good efforts in a row. Should the top choice set a fast pace and falter the 5-five-year-old could pick up the pieces late. (7) SERGEANT STRYKER four-year-old looks inconsistent on paper but did put in a decent effort two back.
(2) EXPLOSIVE MUSCLES well bred trotter makes his sophomore debut off a nice qualifier to some good trotters; threat. (3) SNEAKY filly is making her first start in a new barn and has flashed some talent. (7) FOX VALLEY LEGEND gelding put in a pretty good effort last out and could move forward off that effort.
(4) UPFRONT MISS MAJOR mare burned cash as the favorite last out and chose to sit in never getting a fair run at the leaders. Four-year-old is sharp and should offer a better price; fires late. (6) LIMA CALLIOPE mare has raced inconsistently but has shown a big burst in a few of her efforts. (5) BECKY B SKIPALONG five-year-old was sent down the road taking no prisoners last out winning easily. Mare steps up in class but does have the ability.
(7) FANCY LABEL mare has done nothing but trot fast so far in her young career and has a ton of upside in the race; big chance. (3) SOUTHWIND METALLIC one win in eighteen career starts tells the tale but the well bred trotter has yet to miss the board this year; use underneath. (8) POWERFUL YIELD gelding is the key to the race as he comes off a break and a subpar effort, however when he's right he is the fastest horse in the field.
(10) DUNESIDE BRAT filly looked like a winner before being outfought to the wire. The three-year-old is saddled with a bad post but should be able to overcome it by floating for position. (4) WHATASWEETFLIGHT mare took a week off after some decent efforts. The five-year-old appears to be heading in the right direction. (5) LOVERS HOLIDAY mare needed her last start and has shown ability in this class before.
(4) STARDOM BOUND mare takes a good drop in class after racing gamely in her last three. Five-year-old only has one win on the year but appears to find a great spot to do some damage. (8) SLEAZY DOES IT well bred mare went a big second quarter last out and that could have been the difference as she had little to offer late. (3) VOLLEYBALL STAR has thrown in two clunkers in a row but has flashed talent and speed including at this track last month.
- 1.Posted 04/12/2013 01:51PM
- 2.Posted 12/04/2013 07:01PM
- 3.Posted 12/04/2013 11:20AM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 5.Posted 12/05/2013 02:15PM