- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Sunday 5/5 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 7 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (24 - 43 / $84.80): TROT FUDGE SUNDAE (5th)
Spot Play: PISTOLPACKNSHOOTER (2nd)
(6) WHOSHUR ST PAT filly comes off a good qualifier where she kicked home nicely. Three-year-old flashed some talent last year and finds a very weak field. (4) EMOTICON well bred 3-year-old is making his career debut and could be sitting on a good effort for proven connections. (8) GERRIS GLIDE mare has just been racing evenly and yet to win in twenty-six career starts, but could hit the ticket in this suspect field; use underneath
(4) PISTOLPACKNSHOOTER gelding put in a nice effort last out at Hoosier and looks to be something he can build on. Three-year-old is now making his third start back off a layoff after showing a lot of potential last year. (5) MR THREE QUARTERS three-year-old colt fired home in his first start off a long layoff and should improve second time back. (1) CHARLEY'S ARTIST three-year-old draws the best post, kicked home nicely last out, and should be in line for a great trip; threat.
In a very weak and inconsistent field (10) JT'S FIRST gets a big driver change after making up a ton of ground late last out and should offer a huge price. (9) SHEZ A SWIFT filly was just too far back in last but also made up a lot of ground and could use a fast pace up front to close into. (6) SHANES LITTLE GIRL four-year-old finally showed a bit of improvement last out and keeps the top driver.
(9) ALL CASH gelding was in over his head last race but now finds a spot where he can be competitive; fires early. (5) COAL BLACK gelding gets a good driver change, drops in class, and appears to be pacing faster than the field. (2) ALL DUNE three-year-old also drops in class and finds a field with few contenders.
(5) TROT FUDGE SUNDAE filly came back razor sharp drawing away impressively and will get an early jump on her main rival; short price. (1a) LITTLE MS CHRISSY filly is probably the only threat to the top choice but is saddled with the worst post and might need a start. (8) SARA THE SPY filly is making her first start for new connections off two solid efforts and adds lasix for the first time.
(1) DONTBEACHATME gelding has been second in three straight starts. Three-year-old gets the best post and just needs to ration out his speed for a victory. (6) MORTAL COMBAT colt kicked home nicely for the win last out and is facing the same field. (7) CRUISENTHECIRCUIT gelding has shown the ability for a big brush and just needs the right setup for the upset.
(7) LOVERS HOLIDAY mare put in a huge effort last out and needed the start. The 4-year-old races better forwardly placed and should be in a good spot turning for home. (2) WALKINTHEMOONLITE mare never got into the mile last out but now gets a good post in a very weak field. (8) WESTERN WILLOW four-year-old went a tough trip last out but has been racing gamely consistently showing good late kick.
(7) BLUEBIRD JAMAICAN gelding made it look easy last out firing up the rail late. Three-year-old has the most upside in the race and just needs to mind his manners for two in a row. (9) FRED D KEEPER four-year-old was firing off the gate when he made a miscue. Gelding keeps top driver who might have learned something about the trotter. (3) RENDEZVOUS KID trotter makes his third start back off a long layoff and has more talent than most of the field.
(6) WOLFIES SPORTSTER four-year-old pacer shook free too late last out just missing. The gelding just needs a smooth trip to get his picture taken. (1) LOOK MA NO HANDS gelding made a miscue before flying home to miss by less than three lengths. Four-year-old gets the best post and should be much closer turning for home; fires late. (4) THATSWHATTHEYSAY gelding gets used multiple times every start and always seems to be close.
(1) JETTIN JAMIE is a risky play because of the breaking issue she showed last out but the filly is loaded with talent and has big-time speed. (5) TWILIGHT DELIGHT mare takes a big drop in class and should the top choice have an issue would be the horse to beat. (8) CJ'S TERROR mare gets a huge driver change and just needs a fast pace up front to come flying late.
- 1.Posted 12/02/2013 02:02PM
- 2.Posted 12/02/2013 12:25PM
- 3.Posted 12/01/2013 06:53PM
- 4.Posted 12/01/2013 08:25PM
- 5.Posted 11/30/2013 05:05PM