- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Sunday 5/12 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 7 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (25 - 46 / $87.60): FEEL LIKE DANCING (5th)
Spot Play: C J’S TERROR (7th)
(2) HIGH STEPPER filly looks to be back in racing shape making her fourth start of the year. Three-year-old has the best post and finds a very bad field; adds first time lasix. (8) ABANDONED three-year-old needed her last start and should move forward; adds second time lasix. (7) EMOTICON gelding has the best pedigree in the race and showed decent last quarters both times on the track.
(4) MYSTICAL WALTER lightly raced three-year-old was flying late in his first start back. Gelding could have the most upside in the race and just needs a smooth trip. (3) FOX VALLEY ACTIONS made the most money last year and comes off two winning qualifiers showing good late kick. (2) DARTH QUAIDER well bred gelding was taken out of the race by a dull flow last out but showed big late kick and did need the start.
In an extremely tough race to handicap (7) MYSTERY BOX has a victory on the year and should offer a big price. (5) SKYWAY MODEL filly put in a nice last three quarters of a mile after being far back early. Indiana bred pacer would probably win with a similar effort. (9) TJ'S APRIL ANGEL pulled off the upset after a four year layoff and was actually bet down pretty good. Mare is saddled with the worst post and needs to find a way into the race. Keep an eye out for this barn moving forward.
(2) AUNIQUEAQUISTION impeccably bred filly has a big-time engine and looks like she came back good for her sophomore year. Three-year-old filly was the best in her class last year and could be ready for a big effort off the bench. (1) DALLAS JONES filly sat off a slow half and kicked into an extra gear late to get the victory last out. Three-year-old has progressed nicely this year and could be the only threat to the top choice. (7) MYSTICAL DANICA lightly raced filly has exploded home in both of her starts but could be at the mercy of a slow pace; fires late.
(7) FEEL LIKE DANCING filly is on a roll having won two straight. Three-year-old is versatile and the one to beat. (2) INCREDIBLE FILLY wasn't up to the task last out against better competition. Three-year-old filly gets a good post and finds a softer field besides the top choice. (3) THANK YOU DOC filly won the super final last year but hasn't come back to the same level yet. Three-year-old could hit the board in the short field.
(3) POWERFUL SPEED is a dangerous selection with his breaking issues. Classy trotter has loads of back class and would win easily if he minds his manners which he has yet to do. I would make sure he's on the gate and trotting before using him at all. (5) KK'S BANDIT mare went a very tough trip and raced gamely last out. Four-year-old could be the one to beat should the top choice make a miscue. (2) WAY BACK WHEN gelding gets the best post in an inconsistent field.
(3) CJ'S TERROR mare never got into the mile last out but does keep the top driver and did show good late kick; threat. (2) ALWAYS A CHEATER mare has just been racing evenly but did show a good improvement in his last start. (7) SAND TARYN mare had a miraculous form reversal in her last start and was somehow bet down to the favorite. Four-year-old would be a huge threat with a repeat performance.
(6) MAKE ME FLY gelding makes his career debut off a sterling qualifier and could be ready for a big effort. (10) LB'S ALAMERICANJOY gelding was pacing off the screen in his qualifier after slow fractions early on. Despite being saddled with a bad post the 3-year-old has a ton of upside in a wide open race. (2) BS JEFFS LILCORONA gelding put in a really nice effort for his first start back. Three-year-old flashed some talent last year and should offer a huge price.
(1) JUST FOR FUN will win just like his name says if he stays trotting; short price. (2) LAD'S LEGACY eight-year-old stallion has put in a couple of nice efforts hitting the board and gets another good post. (5) TWENTY TWO GOLD gelding adds lasix for the second time and comes off a decent qualifier; use underneath.
(2) MORTAL COMBAT nice looking 3-year-old has won two straight and should be in a great spot to use his late kick turning for home. (7) LD'S DASH gelding put in a nice mile last out just tiring a bit late. Four-year-old will be firing early and could be in line for a pocket trip. (8) FULL STEAM AHEAD gelding could be the key to the race as he needed his last start. Five-year-old has the most gate speed and should be considered a threat if he can ration out his speed; fires early.
- 1.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 2.Posted 12/09/2013 01:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/10/2013 01:46PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 01:42PM