- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Sunday 4/14 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 7 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (23 - 36 / $82.00): SOUTHWIND METALLIC (4th)
Spot Play: DEALIN KID (6th)
(6) DONTDOUBTTHELAKERS gelding put in a decent effort last out before being picked off late and finds a very weak and inexperienced field. (2) BS EMILY'S SAILOR closed nicely last out from a tough spot and looks to be improving. (7) TWO PART HARMONY would be my top choice if he wasn't saddled with the worst post and would be a threat if he doesn't get stuck behind dull cover.
(1) AMERICAN EMPRESS three-year-old filly is making her third start back off a layoff and looks to be primed for a good effort. (4) BANDS DEE DEE filly was far back early on and closed nicely in her first start back and should improve. (2) POWERFUL GODDESS filly has had two nice qualifiers, gets a good post, and looks to be in line for a ground saving trip.
(9) JUXTAMOONLITKISS four-year-old will either be feast or famine as the mare has breaking issues but could potentially swoop the field if she stays pacing. (7) SIERA BEST mare put in a game effort and should be much tighter having needed her last start. (6) REAL COOL HAND mare was used multiple times last out and could use a smooth trip for her best chance.
(7) SOUTHWIND METALLIC well bred trotter just missed last out off a long layoff and looks to be a big threat. (2) WORKIN DADEA five-year-old has not won in a very long time but did put in a game effort last out and looks to be in a decent spot to do some damage; use underneath. (1) GERRIS GLIDE mare has just been racing evenly but finds a very suspect bunch and draws the rail.
(4) MICHAEL'S JEWEL well bred pacer gelding just missed last out almost circling the field and should improve second time for a new trainer; fires early. (6) BURSTING BLAZE gelding is very competitive in this class and is versatile. (1) GALACTIC STAR five-year-old is the key to the race as he's been off for a month but looks to be pacing the fastest of all for the top trainer.
(4) DEALIN KID gelding made a break last out leaving for position but would be a huge threat in a very weak field if he minds his manners. (7) TWENTY TWO GOLD gelding has more wins on the year than the entire field combined and should the top choice break is the horse to beat. (3) FRED D KEEPER gelding could be a potential threat at a huge price with a lot of racing luck.
(6) WESTERN WILLOW mare could be in a great spot turning for home and should a speed duel take place up front she's the one to beat. (7) AIN'TGOTALOTON mare has just been racing evenly but does show some versatility in a very bad field. (3) GIMMEAZZZMOOCH filly put in a game effort last out after being parked early and just got nipped; threat.
(9) DONTBEACHATME gelding made a miscue last out but has the most upside in the race and will be firing early. (4) PARK LANE SCOOTER four-year-old rallied nicely after lagging the gate and could be in line for a pocket trip. (6) SILKY SALT SHAKER put in a lackluster effort last out after showing a decent qualifier but does find a very easy spot.
(4) UNIVERSAL DREAM N veteran pacer has been racing gamely and will be forwardly placed. (3) BESTNOTGETINMYWAY gelding hasn't raced in three weeks but had been racing gamely in his last few starts. (1) CABANA JACK gelding was a big disappointment in his last start but does draw the rail in a suspect field.
(8) HAZEL MAY mare will be coming from far back early but looks to be the only one you can count on for a decent effort. (5) SUGAR BUNNY hasn't been right in a very long time but did have a much improved effort last out; command a price. (2) JUST WINIT mare needed her last start and gets a good post.
- 1.Posted 12/02/2013 02:02PM
- 2.Posted 12/02/2013 12:25PM
- 3.Posted 12/01/2013 06:53PM
- 4.Posted 12/01/2013 08:25PM
- 5.Posted 11/30/2013 05:05PM