- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Sunday 2/24 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 7 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (12 - 18 / $44.20): HOT ROD RILEY MAE (2nd)
Spot Play: DEALIN KID (8th)
In a very bad field I have my eye on (8) MS RICH STYLE-- the mare drops in class and should offer good value. (4) SM SPECIAL mare has just been racing evenly but has kept pacing hard the whole mile in his last few. (5) STEPHIE CLAY four-year-old mare squandered a perfect trip last out but should be considered a threat in this field.
(1a) HOT ROD RILEY MAE mare finds an easy spot to pick up a victory; big chance. (2) MRS D trotter is regally bred and the key to the race; if she decides to trot she could win. (1) GILLY HO gelding gets a good post in an inconsistent field.
(1) LUCKY NZ gelding comes off a scratch but gets the best post and has shown the ability to come off a layoff: drivers choice. (3) IRON OUTLAW gelding has finally put in some improved efforts but would need a fast pace upfront to close into. (5) BESTNOTGETINMYWAY gelding was a first over winner last out in a weak field; faces tougher.
(6) SLIPPIN AWAY mare finds herself in this class for a second week in a row and has been known to pop at a decent price from time to time. (7) MCDANCE DESIRE mare steps up in class but does have some ability; versatile. (3) BP GIANT FOOL mare is the class of the field and could jump up with a big effort; threat.
(2) RATHBONE N gelding moves into the leading trainers barn who has done really well first start with new stock. (4) OUT OF MY HANDS gelding stole the race last out before unleashing a big third quarter blowing it wide open but now finds a tougher field. (6) INFLATION HANOVER gelding takes a good drop in class and will probably take some tote action; command a price.
(3) TOWNE NURSE mare should have been a bit better last out but finds a good spot to do some damage. (4) FOX VALLEY ABSOLUT mare finds her softest field in some time; fires early. (7) DALLAS JONES filly was a game winner last out and it appears that the light has went on; big chance.
(2) SWEET VALENTINE mare has put in some nice efforts recently and looks to be pacing faster than the rest. (5) SATURDAYNITESPECIAL mare picks up a top driver in a weak field. (9) HOOSIER AMBER mare has been saddled with bad posts but has been racing herself back into shape; use underneath.
(6) DEALIN KID gelding never got into the mile last out but does have some upside in a weak field. (1) HOLDIE L gelding always gives a good effort but appears to be short the last sixteenth of the mile; vulnerable late. (2) CAPTAIN COURAGEOUS gelding gets a good post and needs to mind his manners to get a piece.
(3) NITROGEN FUSE gelding threw in a clunker last out, look for him to put in a good effort. (2) LOOK MA NO HANDS gelding has shown good late kick and could use a hot pace to close into for his best chance. (10) FULL STEAM AHEAD gelding has enough gate speed to overcome the post and could be a huge threat should he ration out his speed.
(5) MOON BAY DANCER mare has been racing gamely in her last few and would be in the exacta if she repeats her last few efforts. (4) BOILER HEIDI HO mare just missed last out and is always a threat in this class. (7) FEEL THE PULSE mare comes off a victory last out but hasn't raced for almost four weeks and might need a start.
- 1.Posted 12/04/2013 11:20AM
- 2.Posted 12/03/2013 03:13PM
- 3.Posted 12/03/2013 07:02PM
- 4.Posted 12/04/2013 07:01PM
- 5.Posted 12/02/2013 02:02PM