- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Saturday 9/7 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 2 - $30,000 Guaranteed Pick Five Pool ($6,074 C/O)
Jeremey’s Pick Five Play: 2,3,5,6 /1,3 / 1 / 3,6,7,8 / 1,6,8 (50 cent ticket = $48)
Race 10 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (37 - 59 / $125.10): FORT SILKY (8th)
Spot Play: TRULY WILD (2nd)
(7) PQ THREE is on a roll and will most likely go right to the top; short price. (2) GATOR BOY well bred 2-year-old has a proven pedigree and is just learning how to race. (3) OVERLOADED two-year-old was a game winner last out but will need to show a lot more improvement to threaten the favorite.
(6) TRULY WILD two year old probably has the most upside in the race after a stellar debut. The good looking gelding would be tough to beat if he improves off his first effort. (2) SVAYA KNOWS had no chance last out after being far back early but did close tremendously. The freshman pacer might have turned a corner with the added lasix. (5) I BIZEL THE SHIZEL just missed last out after lacking room late; threat.
(1) BADGER QUINN is one of three horses who seem to stand out in this race. The pacer gets away from a couple of really good horses and has the best post. (3) ONE SURE APACHE raced gamely last out after being used aggressively but is reunited with the red hot top driver. (4) TRAFFIC COP has talent but also some issues and has not moved forward at all since his first few starts.
(1) AUNIQUEAQUISTION almost won from an impossible spot after getting away last in a big money race. The filly loves to win, has the best post, and will be up front close to the pace. (2) R CIAO BABY has just been racing evenly but finds one of the weaker divisions and could save some ground. (8) ALIYAH MARIA filly was in a bad spot last week against older. The 3-year-old has had a good season and the goal could be to just make the final next week; command a price.
(6) MYSTICAL WALTER has been dominant for most of the season and will probably be on his game but remember the finals are next week and to qualify you only have to beat three horses in the field; use caution. (3) BIG BRAD has been facing much tougher in his last three starts and has a wicked late kick. (7) CRANKIN' IT UP gelding has been consistent all year long and will probably be firing early to secure a good spot up close to the pace.
(1) SILVER DEVIL grey gelding pacer draws the rail, will offer a big price, and has the talent to pull off the upset in a wide open elimination. (8) FANCY CREEK ELUSIV three-year-old pacer will probably be a heavy favorite and could come from off the pace late in a prep for the big money next week. (6) FOX VALLEY ACTION was much better last week but just couldn't close on some better older opponents.
(2) ICE SCRAPER gelding is really sharp right now and looks to be in line for a nice pocket trip. (5) UNCLE SMOOTHIE benefited from a speed duel upfront last out and is has been really good in his last two efforts. (4) NJ'S BIG DEAL went a really tough trip after not timing the gate right at Maywood. The 4-year-old stallion will be firing early.
(3) FORT SILKY gelding is having a career year and is the horse to beat. The older division eliminations are slightly different from the others, because only the top three make it. (5) UNCLE BUD four-year-old has shown a lot of improvement moving up the class ladder but has been off a month. (7) FOX VALLY YUKON gelding was a private purchase a few starts ago and has a lot of pressure on him to make the final. I expect him to be used very aggressively.
(1) IAM BONASERA gelding has the most back class in the field, makes his third start off a long layoff, and will look to be more involved early. (5) A COOL CARD impeccably bred gelding has twelve career wins in seventeen starts and could be the horse to beat. (2) KING'S LEGEND has been facing much tougher out east and should qualify for the final with a smooth trip.
(8) FEEL LIKE DANCING will need to avoid an early speed duel but has been solid all year long and should be in the mix up front. (4) MYSTICAL DANICA could be rounding into form late in the season and gets sent out for a top barn. (6) DALLAS JONES has raced huge last two starts and should be right there on the wire with another good effort.
(3) THESLEAZYPRINCESS filly is ultra talented and her dam is a big time producer; threat. (1) MY LITTLE BIT has got the best of the top choice in two straight and appears to be getting better with every start. (2) SIMPLYIRRESISTIBLE filly also has a great pedigree but would probably need to show improvement to pace with the top two choices.
(7) M A REFLING lightly raced filly made a miscue last out but showed big time speed in her career debut; big chance. (3) MOLLY GO LIGHTLY filly has just been racing evenly but gets a huge driver change. (8) FOX VALLEY FLORA filly has been going some tough trips but has shown a good burst of speed in a lot of her miles; use underneath.
(10) CASINO CAPTOR drops back down into the claimers and should offer the right price with the tough post; fires early. (7) COME N BET IT was caught in a blind switch last out but had a ton of pace and could swoop the entire field with fast fractions up front. (5) GALACTIC STAR gelding had turned it around in his last few but comes off a scratch.
- 1.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 2.Posted 12/09/2013 01:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/10/2013 01:46PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 01:42PM