- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Saturday 9/21 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 10 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (48 - 98 / $170.00): DUNE IN RED (10th)
Spot Play: BAZOOKA (4th)
(4) PARTY HANGOVER TWO filly was roughed up in the final but has really progressed tremendously the last two months. (3) WESTERN DAME gets a good driver change and might have the most ability in the field. (8) MOLLY GO LIGHTLY tough to gauge off the scratch but does have a ton of talent and speed.
In a race with few contenders (5) ICE SCRAPER was hit in the face with a whip last out causing him to break. The 4-year-old has been razor sharp and is one of the horses to beat. (1) UNCLE SMOOOTHIE finds a much easier field than what he's been facing and looks to be in line for a great trip. (4) GIBBS put a line through his last start after being taken out of the race. The 5-year-old needs a fast pace up front to close into for his best chance.
In an extremely wide open race (2) GATOR BOY is going to win at a price sooner rather than later and has the talent and pedigree to be a real good one. (1) RINGO'S Z TAM talented 2-year-old gets a good post and needs a smooth trip. (6) ONE SURE APACHE hasn't really progressed since early in the season but does find a softer field.
(7) BAZOOKA the program doesn't tell the tale with this 3-year-old, he was absolutely loaded with pace late with nowhere to go. (1) BOI gelding has the most back class in the race but has just been racing evenly; command a price. (2) BET ON HIM gelding hasn't been able to get it going off a very long layoff but does have the ability.
(2) SHISWELL'S DELIGHT takes a huge drop in class, gets a great post, and should hit the board with any kind of effort. (4) REX PASSUS three-year-old faces older but does get sent out for hot connections. (9) IM A DAN FOOL gelding pacer is very fast but needs to find a way into the race.
(3) LATEST DESIRE is the real deal but is in for a tough test. The well bred colt is versatile and if he's on his game will be tough to get by late. (4) IN OVER MY HEAD had too much ground to make up last out but he did race well. (5) UNCLE BUD faces easier and gets post relief but might not be as fast as the top two.
(3) COME N BET IT gelding was roughed up last out but should offer a huge price and with a fast pace to close into would be a threat. (9) TOBINS FORTUNE five-year-old has been a new horse but will be interesting to see if he races the same without the top pilot. (8) ELKHORN DAMIEN has been sharp in this class and is versatile.
(7) WINDSUN MONTECARLO mare races much better at this track and finds a much easier spot to get a victory than her last few. (2) COLE BLUE has really been racing gamely and could be tough to catch with a breather up front. (6) YANKEE EURO has really blossomed in his last few efforts but would need more at the big track.
(1a) BEST MAN HANOVER five-year-old is the fastest horse in the field despite making a break in the slop last out. (5) RHOMBUS well bred gelding has been a new horse for the barn and could be the only threat to the top choice. (8) LENNOX BLUE CHIP nine-year-old went a big trip last out first over but might be at the mercy of the outer flow.
(8) DUNE IN RED filly makes her third start back off a long layoff and is really starting to pick her game up; big chance. (5) DP ANGEL filly was a game winner last out first over at Maywood and the connections will get to see what she's made of in this race. (2) MISS PAT WEISAR mare owns only one win on the year and was sharp prior to the effort on the sloppy track.
(3) AGOOD TIME TO ROCK impeccably bred 3-year-old is very fast and will look to steal a soft middle half before sprinting home late. (6) ST DAVID HANOVER seven-year-old was to far back last out against a razor sharp opponent but should be much closer turning for home. (9) MIDDLE AGED CRAZY gelding is full of talent and potential. The 3-year-old still races greenly but with any kind of improvement will have his nose on the wire.
(7) JUST BY DESIGN was used very hard in the final but has not faced this soft of a field in a long time; short price. (9) REV ME UP mare will be firing early but lacks stamina late; use underneath. (1) NINA COLEADA mare draws the rail and might be rounding back into form after almost a year of issues.
(1) JUST ENOUGH gelding draws the rail in a weak and suspect field. (9) JONATHONISOOT raced really well last out at Maywood and that might translate into another improved effort at the big track. (8) JD'S LAW four-year-old has won two straight and will roll the dice up front early on.
- 1.Posted 12/02/2013 02:02PM
- 2.Posted 12/02/2013 12:25PM
- 3.Posted 12/01/2013 06:53PM
- 4.Posted 12/01/2013 08:25PM
- 5.Posted 11/30/2013 05:05PM