- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Saturday 8/3 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 10 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (41 - 80 / $143.80): FORT SILKY (9th)
Spot Play: THEINDECENTLAWYER (6th)
(8) EL SHOOTER three-year-old makes his third start back off a layoff and went a big effort last out. (3) SWEET WATER JACK lightly raced gelding could be rounding into form. The pacer made up a lot of ground late. (6) LOVEDANCINWITHYOU made a power move to the front last out at Maywood and was under wraps the rest of the way; threat.
(4) AGOOD TIME TO ROCK has been going some big miles and is definitely one of the faster horses in the race. (3) TONE comes off a decent qualifier and goes out for a barn that sends them ready first time out. (6) SHISWELL'S DELIGHT five-year-old raced well down in class last out and is right back in the same spot.
(3) IM A DAN FOOL never got into the mile last out but has a lot of talent and has a red hot driver. (1) BLUE'S ROCKET MAN well bred colt hasn't raced in three weeks but has big-time connections and could be sitting on a good effort. (2) KOSTAS WINE gelding takes a big drop in class and faces much easier; threat.
(5) BOXED CHOCOLATES impeccably bred 2-year-old lays over the field if the filly races back to her two efforts before her last. (6) ROCK GROUPIE got a terrible drive last out but does have some talent and speed. (4) MARZY BEARZY is another well bred 2-year-old with some upside.
(8) IDEAL HELEN faces much easier, adds second time lasix, and will crush this field; short price. (3) THESLEAZYPRINCESS has been lights out in her first three career starts including a nice stakes win last out, however she doesn't appear to be a threat to the top choice. (7) WESTERN DAME filly has a ton of talent and speed; use underneath.
(7) THEINDECENTLAWYER nice looking pacer was loaded with pace last out with nowhere to go. Two-year-old needed his last start and just might be the horse to beat. (6) PQ THREE the likely favorite was a big first over winner last out in a stakes final. The sophomore gelding is versatile and will be on the money with a good trip. (9) TRAFFIC COP just missed last out and has lots of gate speed to overcome the outside post; threat.
(7) SOME HEART THROB is finally reaching his potential; the powerful pacer was lights out last race drawing off wire to wire and looks to have a big chance to repeat. (6) PARK LANE HOTSHOT will probably fire out of the gate with the top choice and that could set him up for a great trip. (2) THUNDER STEELER gelding just isn't the same as he was earlier in the year; command a price.
I don't want to take a short price on (7) MYSTICAL VICTRESS but there doesn't appear to be anybody that can beat her unless she comes up empty. (9) PARTY HANGOVER was a disappointing second last out after getting a big middle breather but could be the only threat to the big favorite. (4) WINDSUN MONTECARLO was pacing right with the top two choices two starts back and should be in line for a decent trip; use underneath.
You're not going to get the price you got last time on (7) FORT SILKY but he needed the start and still almost pulled off the victory; fires early. (8) ST ELMO HERO was a different horse shipping back to Balmoral and should be rounding back into form. (5) LENNOX BLUE CHIP for some reason is always overbet against this group but should be used on the bottom of the ticket.
(6) SPECIAL JOE owns a ton of back class and faces much easier than his last few. (5) BET ON HIM gelding makes his second start off a long layoff and is very fast. (2) RICHESS EMPEROR finally got his second win of the year last out. The talented pacer is wicked fast but very hard to drive and doesn't always try his best.
(2) OLD MAN RIVER could be a live longshot in a wide open and evenly matched race. (3) FIRSTCLASSALLTHWAY cannot be left off the ticket due to the fact the connections are smoking hot winning at an incredible clip the last few months. (9) GIBBS takes a good drop in class but could use some fast fractions up front and needs to find a way into the race.
(7) PARDON mare makes her third start back off a two year layoff and is more talented than most of the field. (3) T E'S ZENYATTA mare drops in class and has been racing better than her lines show; threat. (4) BUTTERFLY KISSER three-year-old filly faces older but put in a great effort last out.
(3) SHAX couldn't make up ground last out after getting an ideal trip but was loaded with pace the start before. (2) BRIEF'S BOY four-year-old has been a force at this level and looks to be in a great spot to do some damage. (6) GALACTIC STAR gets a suspect morning line after dominating last start. The five-year-old would be a huge threat to repeat with a similar effort.
ATTENTION BALMORAL PARK RACING OFFICIALS... Please apply for thoroughbred racing dates! Put that big track & one mile chute to work! It would be a welcome change for Chicago horseplayers!
- 1.Posted 12/02/2013 02:02PM
- 2.Posted 12/02/2013 12:25PM
- 3.Posted 12/01/2013 06:53PM
- 4.Posted 12/01/2013 08:25PM
- 5.Posted 11/30/2013 05:05PM