- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Saturday 8/24 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 2 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Five Pool ($5,715 Carryover)
Race 10 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (46 - 88 / $162.20): PREEMPTIVE BID (9th)
Spot Play: MAC A DUNE (4th)
(5) SADIES HERO three-year-old pacer makes his first start of the year off three qualifiers. The gelding had a good record on the Ohio fair circuit last year and is facing a soft and inexperienced field. (4) JUSTLEARNIN is doing just that but has some talent in the short field. (3) YANKEE VACATION four-year-old made a break in last and has just been racing evenly but could threaten if he minds his manners.
In a very tough race to handicap (4) BELL VALLEY BILL has been sharp but was in over his head last out; threat. (1) ICE SCRAPER was the drivers choice and went a sneaky good mile last out. (3) MATT THE BRUISER could be a sleeper in the race making his second start off a layoff and beat a solid field, however the gelding does step up in class; versatile.
In a very inconsistent field full of trotters (10) ROSE'S CYCLONE has been on the improve with every start and went a big trip from a tough post last out. (1) TAXMAN well bred gelding needed his last start but seems to be very different from week to week. The 4-year-old trotter is 0 for the last two years but finds a very weak field; threat. (6) VIENNA two-year-old filly faces older and is prone to miscues but would hit the board if she stays trotting.
(7) MAC A DUNE gelding made a break gearing up for an assault on the leader last out. The 3-year-old pacer is full of talent and will be charging hard late. (5) THEINDECENTLAWYER well bred gelding faces older and his lines are deceiving as he has not raced well in his last two starts despite flashing a big last quarter at Springfield; use caution. (1) SWEET WATER JACK draws the rail and looks to be in line for a ground saving trip.
In a race with few contenders (4) VAN DONK has been pacing some nice miles and raced really well last out. (5) TANGIBLE HOPE gelding doesn't have the best pilot but owns the fastest win time on the year; threat. (1) MEGAFORCE HALL is tough to pick as the 6-year-old has broke in two straight starts, however he draws the rail and could hit the ticket if he stays pacing.
(7) C J'S TERROR will offer a big price and was really good last out but is terribly inconsistent. The six-year-old loses the top driver but if she paces like her last it shouldn't matter in the short field. (1) SHE IS GOOD raced a lot better last start and draws the rail in a bad field. (5) FOX VALLEY ISABELA three-year-old filly got her first win of the year last but didn't look all that good in doing it and will offer low value; use caution.
(1) ODDS ON RHODONITE well bred colt raced gamely last out just missing and will be tough to beat; short price. (1a) GATOR BOY is another 2-year-old colt with a lot of pedigree and has been improving weekly. (2) ACES AGAIN gelding has a good burst but has been racing greenly; use underneath.
(5) TIME TO ROLL impeccably bred stallion finds a group he can handle and should be ready for a good effort after two weeks off. (6) LENNOX BLUE CHIP was razor sharp last out blowing past the field first up and will give the top choice all he can handle with a repeat of that effort. (1) BEST MAN HANOVER gelding was on fire late last race from a tough spot and is definitely a threat to win.
(6) PREEMPTIVE BID gelding was unfortunate last out because the horse who beat him got the jump on him at the top of the stretch. The 4-year-old has been sharp and is the horse to beat. (8) HEARTLAND LIBERTY made a break last out but has put in some huge efforts that does not show up on the program and will offer a huge price. (5) PANSAFLYING gelding just races evenly but appears to be pacing faster than a lot of the field; use underneath.
(4) MISS PAT WEISAR mare takes a good drop in class and should be in a great spot turning for home; big chance. (5) SMASHY CERISE mare makes her third start back off a layoff and just missed last out. (1) FOX VALLEY ABSOLUT mare went a good mile last out but has had a down year so far and steps back up in class; vulnerable late.
(8) FOX VALLEY ACTION gelding has breaking issues but if he were to mind his manners he is very talented; versatile. (6) IAM BONASERA gelding lays over the field in ability but has a lot of issues; command a price. (4) SPECIAL JOE will be firing early and could be in line for a good trip.
(4) ELKHORN DAMIEN appears to be heading in the right direction after racing evenly for a few starts, but is a tough call because he will either be loaded with pace or come up empty. (5) CASINO CAPTOR five-year-old doesn't win very often but has stepped his game up recently and always offers a good price. (6) COME N BET IT went a monster trip last out and would be tough to beat if he were to repeat that but the pacer has a tendency to come up empty the week after a win.
(1) SCHMATIE filly gets sent out by red hot connections that are winning at a big clip. (3) PHOBIC PRINCESS mare was used hard last out and could use a smooth trip; threat. (2) INTELLIGENCE mare come up empty last out after putting in a good effort the start prior. The mare does own some ability and at one point last year would have been a heavy favorite in this race.
- 1.Posted 12/11/2013 03:00PM
- 2.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/11/2013 03:32PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 07:22PM