- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Saturday 8/17 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 2 - $25,000 Guaranteed Pick Five Pool ($5,161 C/O)
Race 10 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Race 13 - $8,356 Super Hi Five Carryover
Best Bet (44 - 86 / $155.20): RHOMBUS (10tH)
Spot Play: FOX VALLEY TOUCHE (8th)
(8) SWEET COMPETITION Indiana-bred pacer looks to have figured out how to race and has a big chance if she raced like her last. (6) GATOR BOY two-year-old colt's mare is a big time producer and he made a much better second start; threat. (5) ACES AGAIN raced evenly in his first career effort but has flashed ability.
(4) ODDS ON RHODONITE two-year-old appears to be the real deal drawing off against a similar field; short price. (9) ALWAYS THE SUN gelding has a lot of talent but is saddled with a tough post and will have a tough time getting by the top choice. (1) CONZO first time starter looks to have some talent dominating in the qualifier but could need a start.
(9) CLANCY had a ton of pace but was squeezed and couldn't get thru in his last and needed the start. (7) METRO LAD gelding is one for twenty in his career but is knocking on the door. (3) MAC A DUNE faces much tougher but the sophomore pacer was full of pace off a good trip and could easily progress.
(9) WINDSUN MONTECARLO mare has a history of coming up short at Maywood but should benefit from a fast pace upfront; fires late. (1) LADYBONES mare is moving way up in class but gets sent out for connections that are hard to leave out. (7) MUY CALIENTE mare is a nice racehorse and will get a good spot up front.
(7) COME ON JO JO three-year-old colt has put in some game efforts and could use a smooth trip. (3) FOX VALLEY MALONE gelding seems to do his best work from off the pace and has the top driver. (1) SPECIALLY SPORTY gelding put in a big effort first up to get a victory in his last. The 4-year-old draws the rail and looks to shake loose late.
(4) MYSTICAL VICTRESS is starting to get on a roll and will be tough to beat unless one of her rivals jumps up with a better effort. (1) FOX VALLEY MATINEE should offer a big price and looks like she could hit the ticket just as much as everybody else. (7) PARTY HANGOVER mare came up empty last out but if she were to race to her potential could be the only real threat to the top choice.
(2) A COOL CARD gelding has big-time pedigree and has ten wins in fifteen starts including a big mile at Springfield last start. (1) CRIME OF PASSIONS goes for a red hot barn and had a lot of pace with nowhere to go after electing to sit in at Maywood. (6) PARK LANE DEPUTY has not been the same horse for a long time but does own back class in the short field.
(8) FOX VALLEY TOUCHE will look to use her early gate speed to get a great spot off the gate and could be in line for a great trip. (6) TAMARAC SASSY raced gamely last out after getting a second quarter breather; fires early. (7) PARDON mare is just getting rolling after a very long layoff and would need the leaders to mix it up early for her best chance.
(6) FORT SILKY faces a much easier field than what he's been facing and will be very tough to beat. (4) UNCLE SMOOTHIE gelding gets a big drivers change and has also been facing better. (2) NJ'S BIG DEAL four-year-old stallion has been a warrior going some tough miles and has a ton of gate speed.
(5) RHOMBUS the well bred gelding drops down in class, makes his second start for red hot connections, and was absolutely flying late; big chance. (7) MAJOR MONET also drops in class after winning the invite last week and will be flying off the gate. (1) WASHINGTON HANOVER five-year-old draws the rail and could be in line for a ground-saving trip.
(6) STAMPED BY DESIGN Eight-year-old picks up the top driver and finds a field he can handle. (8) TONE gelding was tenacious last out digging in late after cutting it. (7) MATT THE BRUSIER comes off a six week layoff but went a nice qualifier and is very fast.
(9) AGOOD TIME TO ROCK looks to be sharper than most of the horses in the field and is a huge threat. (6) NEWS DUDE could be the sleeper in the race after getting a brutal trip last out. The 4-year-old had been improving nicely prior to last. (4) HEARTLAND LIBERTY gelding has been racing better than his lines show; use underneath.
(4) ELKHORN DAMIEN exploded home to get a nice victory last out and would win again with the same effort. (3) GALACTIC STAR Five-year-old has been sent down the road in three straight and looks to be the horse to beat. (6) REVOLUTIONARY could have been a little better last out but has been pacing some consistent miles.
- 1.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 2.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 3.Posted 12/08/2013 06:24PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM