- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Saturday 7/6 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 10 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (34 - 68 / $117.80): STATE STREET LIZ (2nd)
Spot Play: FOX VALLEY MATINEE (7th)
(3) SPECIALLY SPORTY gelding made a miscue last out but had been racing gamely prior. Four-year-old finds another suspect field and will be firing late. (5) JPS MINI ME gelding has yet to hit the board this year but has shown some improvement in each start. (6) LD'S DASH four-year-old races consistently but rarely wins; use underneath.
(1) STATE STREET LIZ nice-looking filly pacer was the only one to make up any ground late on a sharp winner last out. Three-year-old draws the rail and is the horse to beat. (2) MYSTICAL DANICA filly is better than her race lines show and could be in a great spot turning for home. (3) DALLAS JONES three-year-old pacer needed her last two efforts after a short layoff.
(9) SKYLINE ROAD three-year-old colt trotter is loaded with talent and would win for fun if he stays trotting. (8) FANCY LABEL mare just missed last out racing gamely; if the top choice were to falter the 4-year-old would have a big chance; versatile. (5) JUSTICE AND FIFTH so far two starts on the year and two breaks. Gelding has a lot of talent but would need to mind his manners.
(9) NOTORIOUSCARDSHARK well bred 3-year-old was used very aggressively just missing after being pressed hard the whole mile. (1) PQ THREE freshman pacer makes his second career lifetime start and looks to be full of talent and speed. (4) READY gelding was given a bad drive last out but should be sharper off a short layoff.
(6) ELKHORN DAMIEN gelding takes another drop in class after racing gamely from a tough post; big chance. (5) W WHITE COMET four-year-old pacer faces a much easier bunch and could use some fast fractions up front to close into. (3) TOBINS FORTUNE gelding was a new horse off the claim and a repeat of that effort puts him in the money.
(5) C'EST LA VIE stallion was roughed up last out going a big three quarters of a mile. The 7-year-old makes his third start back off a long layoff and should offer a nice price. (9) RICHESS EMPEROR five-year-old has all the talent but seems to always come up small. Gelding takes a significant drop in class and will be firing late. (6) MAJOR MALE never got into the mile last out but did rip home in 26 1/5 from a tough post.
(6) FOX VALLEY MATINEE mare is the best play on the card because her last two lines don't show what happened. In both of her last starts she was loaded with pace with nowhere to go. (8) JUST BY DESIGN is a closer that is always at the mercy of the pace and trip; fires late. (4) PEACE should probably be considered the horse to beat but made a bad break last out.
(1) AUNIQUEAQUISTION filly has look, pedigree, and talent to come out on top in a much anticipated showdown with her main rival. Three-year-old draws the rail and will look to get the jump on the field early. (3) ALIYAH MARIA filly has been loaded with pace since the trainer change. Three-year-old wont let the top choice get away to easy and will be charging hard late. (5) FEEL LIKE DANCING is a clear cut third choice despite not looking all that good on paper; use underneath.
(2) SHABALABADINGDONG well bred mare was an easy winner at Maywood and now ships back to the big track to find a very suspect field. (1) FOX VALLEY ABSOLUT mare takes a huge drop in class and will be on the engine early; vulnerable late. (7) BECKY B SKIPALONG mare races really inconsistently from week to week but does get a better post and isn't facing much besides the top two choices.
(7) BLATENTLY BEST two-year-old Kentucky bred champ has come back strong for his sophomore year. Three-year-old colt was flying late last out and should be involved much earlier. (9) MADOFF five-year-old stallion is pacing out of his mind right now and just needs a breather up front to be a huge threat. (8) THUNDER STEELER well bred gelding has had a few weeks off and faces much easier.
(4) MYSTICAL WALTER three-year-old is the cream of the crop if he can shake his breaking issues. The gelding was simply awesome in his last start at Maywood that saw him use a powerhouse move from last. (7) FANCY CREEK ELUSIV will be a very short price and will be tough to beat with a smooth trip. (5) CRANKIN' IT UP nice looking pacer has speed and talent; fires early.
(1) THE RIDDLER has been the bridesmaid last two times out but has shown a good burst. Gelding draws the rail and has more talent than he's shown. (5) WASHINGTON HANOVER is just now back in racing shape after a long layoff; threat. (9) SOME HEART THROB impeccably bred colt went a huge trip last out being pressed the whole mile.
(1) BRIEF'S BOY was an easy winner down in class last out and faces a similar field; short price. (7) REVOLUTIONARY gelding was also an impressive winner last out and could be the only threat to the top choice. (9) FOX VALLEY RON is racing gamely but will need to find a way into the race; use underneath.
- 1.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 2.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 3.Posted 12/08/2013 06:24PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM