- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Saturday 7/20 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 10 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (38 - 74 / $131.00): BADGER QUINN (8th)
Spot Play: WESTERN DAME (3rd)
(3) LUCKY CRUSADER made up a ton of ground late and should move forward in his third career start. (4) OHTOBEAVET three-year-old has a nice pedigree and kicked home nicely last out; threat. (5) READY gelding is very fast, has much more experience than most of the field, but comes off a scratch and is 0 for his career.
(3) WASHINGTON HANOVER five-year-old is just now back in racing shape, gets a good post, and is versatile. (2) BELL VALLEY BILL gelding is very inconsistent but when he's right has a big late kick. (1) FOUR STARZZZ Z finally got a win last out but now steps back up in class.
(4) WESTERN DAME nice looking filly was a dominating winner at Maywood last out and should offer a great price. (5) MY LITTLE BIT filly was also impressive last out storming home to get the victory and should do nothing but get better. (8) FOX VALLEY ROCKN well bred 2-year-old comes off a nice qualifier and goes for a barn that has them ready first time out.
(8) APRIL MAY DUNE filly was too far back in her last but has plenty of gate speed to float for position; threat. (5) MOLLY GO LIGHTLY freshman pacer just missed last out after shaking loose to late. Filly gets a good starting post and a huge drivers change. (7) LIFE ON THE ROW filly was used very aggressively last out before tiring late. The filly has big time connections and could be sitting on a much better effort.
(5) MYSTICAL WALTER has stamped himself as the horse to beat in the division. The talented gelding set a new life mark last out exploding home. (1) FANCY CREEK ELUSIV not quite sure what happened to the gelding last out as he raced really evenly. The 3-year-old draws the rail and looks to get back on track. (3) FOX VALLEY ACTION gelding will be firing early and could be in line for a great trip.
(5) BIG BRAD three-year-old colt was back on his game last out and does his best work from off the pace; big chance. (1) CRANKIN' IT UP put in a huge effort last out to some very tough opponents. The gelding drew into the easier division and is one of the horses to beat. (4) SILVER DEVIL gelding has a lot of upside and should offer a huge price. The 3-year-old pacer could actually upset with some racing luck.
(2) PQ THREE two-year-old was a game winner last out and will be tough to beat with any kind of repeat effort. (5) THE FISCAL CLIFF expensive 2-year-old had a tough trip against older but now drops back down in class and has some talent. (4) R DUNESHINE two-year-old was also an easy winner last out but will need more.
(8) BADGER QUINN gelding was really impressive last out exploding home after being far back early. (1) COTTON EYED JOE freshman pacer was locked in last out with nowhere to go and that should bump up the price. (4) BEACH BOY BRODY romped in his qualifier and could be sitting on a huge effort in his first pari-mutuel start.
(1a) BEST MAN HANOVER is tough to pick against because he is much faster than the rest and has dominated in two straight; short price. (4) LENNOX BLUE CHIP well bred gelding needs someone to mix it up early with the top choice to upset; fires late. (7) FOX VALLEY YUKON has come back sharp off the layoff and is versatile; use underneath.
(1) PARTY HANGOVER mare was an easy winner last out at Maywood and that could be just what the 4-year-old needed to get back on track. (8) MYSTICAL VICTRESS mare just missed to a razor sharp opponent last out and might try to race much closer to the pace in a softer field. (9) PEACE mare doesn't show a break last out but she was very rough gaited. The 6-year-old is having a career year and should there be a fast pace up front watch out because she can close with the best of them.
In a tough race to handicap (5) REAL OR MAGIC takes a huge drop in class and has been flashing some nice last quarters. (2) RICHESS EMPEROR looks like a million bucks on the track but is really hard to get going especially early in the mile, however he could sweep past everybody with the right trip. (3) SUDDENLY SINGLE three-year-old faces older but had a much better effort last out.
(1) DEE DEE SAGE mare is very inconsistent but does face a much softer field than what she's been facing; threat. (8) WILLOW GRAM owns only one win on the year but could hit the board at a big price if there's a fast pace up front. (6) T E'S ZENYATTA mare is sharp right now and finds a good spot to do some damage. The four-year-old could use a smooth trip after being roughed up last out.
In a wide open race (9) SHARK WAVES hasn't had any racing luck lately but is fast enough to beat these with a good trip. (4) REVOLUTIONARY gelding was a game winner last out and has some upside in an evenly matched race. (3) ELKHORN DAMIEN gelding has just been racing evenly and should have been better with the easy fractions last out; use underneath.
- 1.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 2.Posted 12/09/2013 01:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/10/2013 01:46PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 01:42PM