- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Saturday 7/13 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 10 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (36 - 71 / $125.20): LATEST DESIRE (6th)
Spot Play: T ES ZENYATTA (11th)
In a difficult race to decipher (2) LUCKY CRUSADER is a 4-year-old making his second career start after a very nice debut against much better. (5) THE FISCAL CLIFF high priced two-year-old hasn't disappointed but is facing older. The gelding could be ready for a breakthrough performance. (4) EVERGREEN'S EARL trotting bred pacer has talent and speed. If the 3-year-old moves forward off his last effort he is a serious threat.
(3) TRUE DAY DREAM filly has been tenacious so far and just needs to stay trotting for an open-length victory. (2) CHOOSE HAPPY is one half of a powerful entry and has superior breeding. (2A) UF TADYS DONATO the mare of this one TADY'S COMER has produced big time money earners including the damn of her entry mate who made almost 600k.
(3) NOTORIOUSCARDSHARK is a 3-yr-old full brother to the high priced yearling in the first. The gelding has a ton of upside and looks to be getting better with every start. (7) SUDDENLY SINGLE came out of the gates swinging but has only regressed since, however the talented colt faces a much easier field. (6) JERRICO well bred gelding will be firing early and could be the only threat to the top choice especially if he's sitting behind him turning for home.
(8) R MARIE HANOVER three-year-old Somebeachsomewhere filly has been facing some stiff competition and finds a great spot to get back on track. (4) AUNIQUEAQUISTION is a tough call because of the breathing issues last week where she didn't finish the race. The filly has shown a big engine and heart if she's healthy. (1) FIVE STARTS QUEEN has not been racing up to her ability but should the top choices falter she could hit the board at a big price.
(2) STATE STREET LIZ was awesome last week not getting to pace until very late in the mile. The 3-year-old has been getting better with every start except for some sickness a few weeks ago. (7) FEEL LIKE DANCING was unleashed last out ripping home into very slow middle half; threat (5) MYSTICAL DANICA just missed last out to the top choice and has been improving.
(5) LATEST DESIRE should be considered the horse to beat off his first two starts this year. Last out the well bred 3-year-old colt was unreal going a huge last three quarters of a mile. (3) BLATENTLY BEST is making his fourth start of the year and has been facing older. The 3-year-old faces easier but should have been better last out. (4) SOME HEART THROB has come back off the layoff sharp and would be a threat to hit the ticket with any kind of similar effort of his last two.
(1) OUR DRAGON KING sophomore pacer made the most money as a 2-year-old last year by far. The gelding owns big wins at this track, draws the rail, and faces much easier; adds second-time lasix. (5) MYSTICAL WALTER gets a test for class here but has a ton of ability. (3) EDDIE SWEAT has a slight breaking issue but as long as he stays pacing he's a huge threat.
(9) LOVE THIS PLACE is razor sharp and will crush again with any kind of similar effort having won four out of her last five against the same group. (8) MYSTICAL VICTRESS has just been racing evenly while lacking late but could make it tough on the top choice should she fire off the gate. (6) PEACE was a game winner last week but steps up in class and the top driver chose off.
(8) BEST MAN HANOVER was an easy winner last out against a similar bunch and is very versatile. The gelding appears to race best when taken off the pace. If there is a threat to the top choice (7) LENNOX BLUE CHIP is it but if he is tracked by the top choice I don't think he can out kick him to the wire. (4) MAJOR MONET gelding takes a step back up in class but can use his gate speed to get a good spot up front; use underneath.
(1) HEATH draws the rail and makes his second start down in this class; threat. (6) SPECIAL JOE makes his second start off the layoff and owns some back class. (7) MY BOY CAL could pick up the pieces in the right scenario at a big price; fires late.
(4) T E'S ZENYATTA last time in this class she was a game winner and the mare also gets a good post. (2) BECKY B SKIPALONG mare could be sitting on a big effort after just racing evenly against a slightly tougher bunch. (1) SPECIAL KIM filly faces older but does get a spot to save some ground and shake loose late for a piece.
(5) COME ON JO-JO three-year-old was an impressive winner last out making a big move early in the mile; threat. (3) DONTBEACHATME gelding made a miscue on the smaller track last out but had been racing gamely prior. (10) MORTAL COMBAT nice looking colt continues to get bad posts racing for the higher tag but was the drivers’ choice and just needs to find a way into the race to be there on the wire.
(6) W WHITE COMET gelding has done very well at this track and should offer a great price in a wide open field. (7) ELKHORN DAMIEN has burned cash in two straight but definitely is one of the horses to beat. (4) TOBINS FORTUNE five-year-old has been a new horse for the new connections since the claim; threat.
- 1.Posted 12/05/2013 01:44PM
- 2.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/06/2013 03:20PM
- 4.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM