- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Saturday 6/29 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 10 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (33 - 65 / $115.40): BIG BRAD (9th)
Spot Play: READY (3rd)
(8) BRIEF'S BOY takes a big drop in class for a tag and looks to be pacing much faster than the field. (5) MORTAL COMBAT nice-looking colt needed his last two starts and should be primed for a good effort. (4) BRING IT ALL gelding was a game winner last out and gets a good post; fires early.
(2) MATT THE BRUISER six-year-old is racing gamely just coming up a bit short last out. Gelding is versatile and has options in a short field. (7) WASHINGTON HANOVER five-year-old steps up in class but now makes his third start back off a long layoff and comes off a dominating win. (4) RICHESS EMPEROR five-year-old is talented but takes a long time to get going. Gelding could use a fast pace up front to close into.
(3) READY three-year-old has had three weeks off but could have the most upside in the race. (5) VAN DONK four-year-old was roughed up last out but has flashed talent in his first two starts of the year. (9) NOTORIOUSCARDSHARK nice looking 3-year-old ships in from Hoosier off three really good efforts. Gelding is saddled with a bad post but will be flying late.
(8) LATEST DESIRE well bred colt is undefeated in his career. The 3-year-old could need a start but appears to be the horse to beat if he's ready. (9) PISTOLPACKNSHOOTER Indiana bred has had good success at the Chicago track and should be able to overcome the post by firing early. (3) AGOODTIME TO ROCK impeccably bred gelding makes his second start for a new barn after showing significant improvement first time out.
(1) KING MUFASA has been unstoppable so far this year. Gelding showed a new dimension last out grabbing the top early. (7) LONGWELL well bred colt is saddled with a bad post but would be a threat with a trip and some racing luck. (6) FOX VALLEY CAMO gelding is a major player in the division and should the top choice falter would be a threat to get the win.
(5) FOUR STARZZZ Z five-year-old has been short in both races for a new barn but does face a much easier field than his last few. (8) PARK LANE HOTSHOT has upset potential and should offer good value. Seven-year-old makes his third start back off a long layoff and could be primed for a big effort in the short field. (2) STAMPED BY DESIGN eight-year-old doesn't win very often but a few months ago would have crushed this field.
In a very tough race to handicap (7) PANSAFLYING will offer the right price and gets away from some tough competition. (3) DARTH BADER three-year-old went from awesome to empty last out but if he races back to his previous efforts the well bred gelding would be a threat. (4) LIFE IS GOOD TODAY keep your eye on this guy although he has yet to win this year I have a feeling he has a big effort in him down in class.
(9) LOVE THIS PLACE mare has been razor sharp since shipping to Balmoral and just needs some honest fractions up front to close into. (8) MCFLIRTY is the unknown in the race. The 7-year-old pacer has been racing against much better competition. I only like her if she fires off the gate for position. (6) REV ME UP was a wire to wire winner last out. The classy mare isn't what she used to be but still can fire early with the best of them.
(6) BIG BRAD two-year-old track record holder has come back strong for his sophomore year and will be tough to beat; short price. (1) FOX VALLEY ACTION is no good on the half mile track so don't even look at that effort. Three-year-old could be the only threat to the top choice, draws the best post, and will be firing early. (4) MIDDLE AGED CRAZY is tremendously talented but still learning how to race. Gelding has a ton of upside and could be ready to step up; picks up top driver.
(6) BEST MAN HANOVER has been facing the best and just coming up a bit short. Five-year-old gets away from a monster and is the horse to beat. (7) LENNOX BLUE CHIP nine-year-old is racing gamely and just needs an early battle up front to make him a big threat late. (2) NJ'S BIG DEAL four-year-old stallion just raced evenly in his last start but I like the fact he's had a week off.
(4) BELL VALLEY BILL went a huge effort for a big upset last out. When the 5-year-old gelding is right he can run off a few wins in a row. (7) FOX VALLEY YUKON gelding makes his second start back off a long layoff and was really good in his first effort. (1) MAJOR MONET gelding is the obvious choice in the race dropping out of the invite. Seven-year-old will offer low value and could get locked in. (10) BLATENTLY BEST well bred 3-year-old made a ton of money last year and roared home to get the victory in his first start back. Colt is in a very tough spot against older and I suspect he will just tail end it from the back; fires late.
(4) UPFRONT MISS MAJOR has put in disappointing efforts in her last two but watch out late should an early speed battle develop. (10) BECKY B SKIPALONG came up empty last out but that seems to be the case with a lot of horses in the barn racing inconsistently from week to week. The 5-year-old mare is versatile and a good effort puts her in the money. (1) WILLOW GRAM mare has just been racing evenly but does draw the rail in an inconsistent field.
(10) ELKHORN DAMIEN gelding takes a huge drop in class and would have actually hit the ticket last week had he had anywhere to pace late. (2) MAJESTIC ROYALE gelding just got picked off after being used aggressively. Six-year-old has been knocking on the door and could use a smooth trip. (7) JO JO SPUR five-year-old just got up last out for the victory and is right back in the same class but would need even more; use underneath.
- 1.Posted 12/11/2013 03:00PM
- 2.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/11/2013 03:32PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 07:22PM