- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Saturday 6/15 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 10 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (31 - 59 / $107.20): SARA THE SPY (3rd)
Spot Play: UPFRONT MISS MAJOR (11th)
(2) SPECIALLY SPORTY kicked off cover nicely last out to get the victory and faces the same inconsistent field; fires late. (7) LD'S DASH gelding should have won last week after getting another perfect trip. Four-year-old consistently comes up short; use underneath. (10) FULL STEAM AHEAD will be firing early, it’s just a matter of how fast and how far he can go.
In a short and competitive field (2) ARCH VILLAIN should offer the right price and had been deceptively sharp prior to not making the gate last out. (5) FOUR STARZZZ Z looks to be the obvious choice as the five-year-old switches to a hot barn and picks up a huge driver change. (4) STAMPED BY DESIGN hard trying gelding has only one victory on the year but is down in class and should be considered a threat.
(9) SARA THE SPY three-year-old faces older and made a break before the start of the race last out. Trotting filly is much faster than the rest of the field when she stays on gait. (1) MONTICELLO LANE also missed the gate last out spotting the field a lot of lengths. Gelding just missed making an improbable comeback to get the victory and should be sharper second start back off the layoff. (3) KK'S BANDIT went a big trip last out and didn't miss by much; use underneath.
(5) COME ON JO-JO 3-year-old is improving with every start and looks to be the one to beat; drivers choice. (8) BELL VALLEY ART five-year-old takes a slight bump in class but has been really sharp and is now making his third start back off a long layoff. Gelding could be the only threat to the top choice if he moves forward. (7) PAIN RELIEF gelding also bumps up in class off two straight victories but would need a lot more.
(2) PISTOL PACKNSHOOTER nice looking Indiana bred has been facing much tougher competition than this; big chance. (1) RECKONING DAY three-year-old has flashed talent but has yet to deliver. Gelding gets a good post to work with and raced better than his last line shows. (3) MONOPOLY MAN three-year-old pacer put in a big effort also against better and should be in a perfect spot turning for home.
(6) ALIYAH MARIA filly has been razor sharp since the private purchase and almost picked off a very good rival last out. If you want a live long shot (5) WELCOME TO WALMAC could be the right candidate not showing much on paper. Mare is racing sneaky good right now; fires late. (3) SLEAZY DOES IT mare will probably take a lot of tote action but just has been racing evenly; use caution.
(3) PARK LANE DEPUTY comes off a six week layoff after two very disappointing efforts. Seven-year-old stallion has all the back class and comes off a sharp qualifier. (5) AJ GET'S THE MONEY gelding has a lot of gate speed and an early breather up front could put him on the ticket; use underneath. (1) DABESTLEADEREVER gelding has shown a lot of interest in his last three and gets the best post.
(2) PARTY HANGOVER should offer a big price and be much closer turning for home. (3) LOVE THIS PLACE was at the mercy of a slow pace up front but still showed a big late kick and has been razor sharp. (4) MYSTICAL VICTRESS flaunted her back class with a new pilot last out and will be tough to catch if she gets another early breather on the lead.
(5) FORT SILKY gelding is having a career year and the week off won't hurt a bit as he has been pacing big miles every start. (2) UNCLE SMOOTHIE gelding has no match for the top choice last time they faced each other at Maywood. Four-year-old could be in line for a pocket trip. (3) NJ'S BIG DEAL four-year-old stallion has gone some brutal trips at Maywood and they could start to take a toll; use underneath.
(5) MADOFF stallion is stepping up in class, but has been ultra impressive in his last two efforts dominating. If the 5-year-old puts in a similar effort it could be lights out. (6) ST DAVID HANOVER gelding was used aggressively last out and is better from off the pace. (3) TINK AND TIGER well bred gelding is racing gamely but faces a tough bunch and would need more to be used on top.
(1) UPFRONT MISS MAJOR put in the biggest effort of the night in her last start exploding from an impossible spot; big threat. (8) JUST BY DESIGN mare finally gets class relief and should be charging hard late. (5) EDITA HANOVER mare is inconsistent but a good effort would put her on the ticket.
(2) MISTER VIRGIN three-year-old chased some ultra tough opponents last out and is one good effort away from a victory. (9) BRIEF'S BOY came up empty last out after being used very hard. Gelding appears to be the only threat to the top choice. (5) DRIVE 'EM COWBOY five-year-old made up a ton of ground from way back last week; use underneath.
(6) JUSTLIVINTHEDREAM looks to be unstoppable in this class and hasn't even broken a sweat since the barn change. (2) SERGEANT STRYKER gelding needed his last effort and could be sitting on an improved effort. (1) HE WILL ROCK YOU was pressed hard last out before fading but draws the rail and should have a ground saving trip.
- 1.Posted 12/05/2013 01:44PM
- 2.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/06/2013 03:20PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 02:15PM
- 5.Posted 12/05/2013 03:54PM