- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Saturday 5/4 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 10 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (24 - 43 / $84.80): FOUR STARZZZ Z (11th)
Spot Play: KK’S BANDIT (2nd)
(3) LIFE IS GOOD TODAY gelding has been used aggressively in his last few and looks to have found a softer bunch; fires early. (7) REAL OR MAGIC five-year-old stallion gets a big driver change and appears to be back in racing shape after a layoff. (2) CINNAMON SPIDER eight-year-old makes his second start back off the layoff, draws the best post, and should be in line for a ground saving trip.
(6) KK'S BANDIT mare has some breaking issues but is dropping in class and has the talent to find the winners circle. (1) WAY BACK WHEN gelding hasn't been his best for some time but does find an inconsistent field and draws the rail. (7) GREATESTOFEASE well bred filly has the most upside in the race and picks up a significant driver change. 3-year-old comes off a scratch but has the talent to put in a good effort.
(4) FEEL LIKE DANCING filly was a game winner last out unleashing a big-time first over brush. (1) BIG ZIPPER filly can fly off the gate and just needs a breather up front to find the winners circle. (3) SPECIAL ROSE filly is making her second start off the layoff and should have much more to offer after a stellar freshman campaign.
In a very wide open race (2) AJ GET'S THE MONEY fits nicely at this level and is now making his third start back; vulnerable late. (1) URAWOMANIZER gelding hasn't faced this kind of field in a very long time but has just been racing evenly. Four-year-old should be in line for a good trip to help his chances. (4) NASH GRAM six-year-old has the ability but has also just been racing evenly.
(6) FIVE STARS QUEEN filly had a sterling sophomore debut exploding off cover to get the victory. Three-year-old should only improve in her second start back. (2) DALLAS JONES filly always gives a good effort and should be much closer turning for home; threat. (4) INCREDIBLE FILLY put in a huge effort at Maywood last out just missing to a game winner; versatile.
(3) SECTIONLINE YANKEE mare takes a good drop in class but put in a very lackluster effort last out in Indiana. Four-year-old loves this track and will be on the engine early. (6) REV ME UP mare was parked early on before being shuffled. Six-year-old has the most back class in the race and will also be firing early. (8) PEACE mare is super sharp right now and can close with the best of them. Six-year-old would love an early battle up front; fires late.
(6) MYSTICAL WALTER gelding is immensely talented and should be ready for a good effort off the bench. (1) CRANKIN' IT UP three-year-old exploded home last out at Maywood winning from an almost impossible spot; threat. (7) SHOTGUN SHACK could be the horse to beat but is saddled with the worst post and will probably offer low value; use caution.
(2) POWER OF TARA N made up a ton of ground late last out and has the most back class on the field; versatile. (4) STAMPED BY DESIGN gelding has been racing gamely for quite some time hitting the board consistently. (5) WHIRLWINDIPLOMACY four-year-old keeps stepping up his game as he goes up the class ladder. Gelding could use a fast pace up front to close into for his best chance; use underneath.
(7) THUNDER STEELER gelding went the fastest mile of the meet in his last victory in the invite at Hoosier. Four-year-old needs to be involved early or else he will be at the mercy of the pace up front. (8) FORT SILKY is pacing out of his mind right now dominating having won the invitational here three straight; short price. (5) LUCKY JET well bred stallion is just getting tuned up for his 4-year-old season and has come back razor sharp; threat.
(3) RICHESS EMPEROR was blocked last out with nowhere to go late. Gelding is a physical specimen, a big powerful pacer who probably has the most talent in the field but somehow has yet to win this year. (8) MAJOR MALE five-year-old drew off to an easy win last out and is very versatile. (2) TINK AND TIGER gelding was a wrapped up winner last out after getting the jump on his main rival and now makes his third start back off a layoff; threat.
(2) FOUR STARZZZ Z well bred gelding just missed last out after making a big quarter move early. Five-year-old gets a great post and does his best work late. (8) THE RIDDLER gelding has come back sharp but has had some really bad posts so far. Four-year-old has a lot of upside and could be sitting on a big effort. (10) ST DAVID HANOVER seven-year-old pacer has also come back sharp off the layoff but needs to find a way into the race.
(5) LIMA CALLIOPE mare threw in a clunker last out never getting into the mile. Four-year-old is just now racing herself back into shape and should offer a decent price. (3) DEE DEE SAGE six-year-old mare has just been racing evenly but should a speed duel take place up front watch out for her to come charging hard late. (6) WILLOW GRAM mare exclusively comes from off the pace which puts her at the mercy of the trip and pace upfront; fires late.
(6) BLUE MINT gelding looked like he was beat last out before hitting another gear late. Three-year-old could have more to offer in a fairly wide open race. (7) DARTH QUAIDER was really good starting out last year before tailing off late. Three-year-old looks like he has come back strong and should be considered a threat. (4) BALLISTIC TIP colt came from far back last out to get the victory. Three-year-old should be closer to the pace and should have a fast pace up front to close into.
- 1.Posted 12/02/2013 02:02PM
- 2.Posted 12/02/2013 12:25PM
- 3.Posted 12/01/2013 06:53PM
- 4.Posted 12/01/2013 08:25PM
- 5.Posted 11/30/2013 05:05PM