- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Saturday 5/25 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 10 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (28 - 51 / $96.00): SPORTS FANATIC (12th)
Spot Play: GREATESTOFEASE (3rd)
In a wide open and evenly matched race (2) TOBINS FORTUNE draws a good post and has been pacing consistent miles every week. (7) RIO'S Z TAM gelding is probably the horse to beat after drawing away last out, however the 9-year-old needs a good trip and will offer low value; vulnerable late. (1) COME N BET IT makes his first start off the claim for the new connections, draws the rail, and was flying late last out.
(6) FORT SILKY is razor sharp just missing last out to a game winner who got the pocket trip; short price. (5) BEST MAN HANOVER gelding is also sharp and looks to be in line for the best trip of all behind the top choice. (2) THUNDER STEELER four-year-old has had some tough trips recently and that trend looks to continue as he may have to come first up in the short field or be at the mercy of a slow pace.
(9) GREATESTOFEASE talented filly hasn't been the same since the scratch but she does have the most ability in a very weak field. Well bred 3-year-old adds lasix for the first time which should make you take notice. (1) AND THAT'S A WINNER gelding put in a huge effort last out leaving hard and holding on well; threat. (5) DRY CREEK FLING mare has taken a long time to develop but the kinks may be worked out; versatile.
(1) BEACH'S NICK gelding draws the rail and is just learning how to race. Four-year-old gets the best post and should be in a great position turning for home. (3) ANNIVERSARYY PARTY four-year-old took no prisoners last out drawing off to make it two straight; short price. (2) COME ON JO JO three-year-old has been improving nicely in every start and should be considered a threat in a wide open race.
(10) AUNIQUEAQUISTION filly was bottled up in the final last week and still didn't miss by much. When it comes to talent and pedigree she has it all; fires early. (4) ALIYAH MARIA filly has been a new horse for the new connections showing big time late kick in her last two; threat. (2) DALLAS JONES filly looked to be home free after being used multiple times. Three-year-old gets a much better post and is versatile.
(1) SILVER DEVIL you can put a line through his last start at Maywood as he had no chance due to circumstances out of his control. Lightly raced 3-year-old has a ton of pedigree, add second time lasix, and picks up a good driver change. (8) FOX VALLEY ACTION gelding is now making his third start back and just needs to mind his manners to find the winners circle. (7) DARTH QUAIDER three-year-old appears to be on the right track after showing lots of talent early on in his 2-year-old year.
(4) CRANKIN' IT UP gelding has a big brush and just needs a decent trip. Three-year-old is at his best coming from off the pace. (1a) FOX VALLEY NORMAN raced huge first start back going a huge three quarters including 3rd panel of :27 3/5 to win by open lengths at Maywood. Three-year-old did benefit from a lot of racing luck with contenders breaking but should be even better second start back; huge threat. (7) MYSTICAL WALTER three-year-old has a lot of breaking issues but is the fastest horse in the race if he stays pacing.
(5) MYSTICAL VICTRESS takes a huge drop in class but has just been racing evenly. Six-year-old lays over the field based on back class. (1) WINDSUN MONTECARLO mare could be sitting on a huge effort and should the top choice falter could be the horse to beat. (6) CHINA GAL exploded home when she shook loose late in her last effort; versatile.
(2) FOX VALLEY ABSOLUT mare finally showed some interest in her last few starts, draws the rail, and will be tough to beat with a repeat of her last effort. (7) FINANCIAL EFFORT mare kicked home nicely after being in a tough spot. Four-year-old is just racing herself back into shape should be much closer turning for home. (6) WILLOW GRAM has just been racing evenly and could use a fast pace up front to close into.
(7) MATT THE BRUSIER should offer a lot of value in the race and is fast enough to get the job done. (1) JERRICO gelding has the most talent in the race and will probably be a heavy favorite. Three-year-old would probably win with his best effort. (1a) EXTRAVAGANT ART has really blossomed in his last three starts and offers a nice partner for the short priced entry.
In a tough race to handicap (2) MAJOR MALE is versatile and draws a good post. (5) MAJESTIC ROYALE gelding has been awesome in his last few starts despite tiring late in his last two. (1) DRIVE 'EM COWBOY had a super effort last out after some lackluster ones. Five-year-old draws the rail and could hit the ticket; use underneath.
(3) SPORTS FANATIC veteran pacer is making his third start off the layoff and comes off a really nice effort to some sharp horses; big chance. (1) DABESTLEADEREVER gelding has just been racing evenly but is facing a suspect field and has a touch of back class. (8) PANSAFLYING gelding was made a non starter last week and should fit nicely in the class.
(5) JUSTLIVINTHEDREAM gelding makes his first start for a new trainer and will probably be ready for a huge effort. (6) SERGEANT STRYKER gets sent out by a hot barn that is showing fast last quarters; fires late. (2) GIANT SCULPTURE was roughed up last out at Hoosier but had been racing gamely prior.
- 1.Posted 12/11/2013 03:00PM
- 2.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/11/2013 03:32PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 07:22PM