- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Saturday 5/18 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 10 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool - C/O $17,182
Best Bet (27 - 49 / $93.20): JUST FOR FUN (3rd)
Spot Play: T E’S ZENYATTA (2nd)
(2) COAL BLACK gelding was a game winner in this class prior to being roughed up from the ten hole last out. (6) BEACH'S NICK four-year-old also got a victory in this class last out and has been improving with each start. (1) COME ON JO-JO three-year-old draws the rail and looks to be in line for a ground saving trip in a weak field.
(5) TE'S ZENYATTA mare was flying late once she shook loose last out making up a ton of ground; threat. (8) SPECIAL ROSE three-year-old filly faces older but the talent and speed are there. (6) WELCOME TO WALMAC mare was really sharp last out flying home from a tough spot and could offer a nice price.
(9) JUST FOR FUN crushed her competition last out but now faces a much tougher field from the worst post. The filly is versatile and can out trot the field from the tail end if she has to. (8) HOT ROD RILEY MAE mare has just been racing evenly and yet to get a victory on the year but has shown a good burst; use underneath. (3) KK'S BANDIT mare was scratched last out and does have some breaking issues, however if the 4-year-old were to stay trotting she could be the only threat to the top choice.
(8) JUSTLIVINTHEDREAM is racing gamely, finds a race with few contenders, and just needs some honest fractions up front to close into. (4) RICHESS NESTOR gelding has yet to reach his full potential but is making his third start off the layoff and could be sitting on an improved effort. (2) SOMECAM five-year-old gets a good post and closed nicely on the top choice last out.
(8) PANSAFLYING five-year-old takes a good drop in class and appears to be pacing faster than most of his opponents. (6) CRIME OF PASSION gelding keeps top driver and was making up a ton of ground after being out most of the mile. (2) MADOFF stallion has a lot of talent despite his record. Five-year-old gets a good post in a short field and should offer some value.
(2) JETTIN JAMIE three-year-old filly takes a step up in class but has the pedigree and ability to move forward. (4) DEE DEE SAGE mare races inconsistently from week to week. Six-year-old has back class but would need more in this spot; command a price. (1) BUBBLER mare is dropping in class but still may be in a bit over her head; use underneath.
(8) MISTER VIRGIN three-year-old Indiana bred has come back razor sharp, has loads of talent, and should show improvement in his second start off the layoff. (7) CRANKIN' IT UP three-year-old has won two straight showing different dimensions. Gelding can really fly from off the pace and I believe that will be his best chance. (5) LB'S ALAMERICANJOY three-year-old was a game winner from a tough post last out and is also making his second start off the layoff; threat.
(7) PERTTY MUSIC three-year-old filly faces older and steps up in class but is loaded with talent for a barn who has the young ones ready to fire. (6) WINDSUN MONTECARLO classy mare was in over her head last out but is now taking a huge drop in class; big chance. (9) REV ME UP mare has the most back class in the field but has just been racing evenly. Six-year-old could be a threat with a good trip.
(6) TIME TO ROLL is vicious right now ripping home in 26:3 to finish off his wire to wire score last out. Stallion has options in the short field. (7) FORT SILKY gelding took a week off after getting his win streak snapped. Seven-year-old will be firing early and could be tough to beat if he gets a breather up front. (4) BEST MAN HANOVER gelding is racing gamely just missing to the top choice last out.
(8) STAMPED BY DESIGN eight-year-old has been knocking on the door but has been unable to capitalize on some good trips. Gelding drops in class and just needs a good effort for a big piece. (2) TINK AND TIGER gelding is just now racing himself back into shape, gets a great post, and looks to be in a good spot turning for home. (1a) BELL VALLY BILL five-year-old has been used very aggressively showing big moves in his last two.
(2) ONE LAST CHANCE five-year-old gets sent out by a hot barn and draws an ideal starting post; versatile. (1) THE RIDDLER four-year-old never got into the mile last out but now draws the rail and looks to be in line for ground saving trip. Gelding has a lot of upside and could pop at a price real soon. (7) ARCH VILLAIN six-year-old makes his third start for the connections off a huge effort.
(1) BRIEF'S BOY has excuses for his last two, keeps top driver, and draws the rail. (3) AJ GET'S THE MONEY doesn't win very often but does hit the ticket quite a bit. (5) MAJESTIC ROYALE gelding looked to be a winner last out after being used multiple times before falling apart late; threat.
(6) BESTNOTGETINMYWAY gelding raced gamely from a tough post last out and should be in a great spot turning for home in a wide open field. (4) MICHAEL'S JEWEL eight-year-old put in a good effort last out and just needs a good trip to hit the board. (8) RIO'S Z TAM nine-year-old pacer always offers low value and rarely gets the job done; command a price.
- 1.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 2.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 3.Posted 12/08/2013 06:24PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM