- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Saturday 5/11 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 10 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (25 - 46 / $87.60): FOUR STARZZZ Z (11th)
Spot Play: RICHESS EMPEROR (10th)
(1) RIO'S Z TAM gelding was a game winner last out and finds a very suspect field. (1a) LARRY'S PLACE nine-year-old had won two straight prior before tiring in the stretch last out. (7) DUCKY T FRA six-year-old stallion had an ideal trip last out just missing and will probably try the same strategy; fires early.
(5) TIME TO ROLL well bred four-year-old is razor sharp, blazing home after he shook loose late last out; short price. (1) BEST MAN HANOVER is just now racing himself back into shape and has been facing some very tough rivals. Five-year-old gelding gets the best post and could be the only threat to the top choice. (3) LENNOX BLUE CHIP gelding has just been racing evenly against these but has a good chance to be flying late to hit the ticket.
(7) DONTBEACHATME three-year-old consistently hits the board but only has one win on the year. Gelding drops back down in class and finds his softest field to date. (10) COAL BLACK was a game winner last out but is now saddled with the worst post. (4) DONTDOUBTTHELAKERS showed good improvement last out and his breeding suggests he could have more to offer.
(8) MAJESTIC ROYALE six-year-old pacer should offer value in a wide open race and made up a ton of ground late last out. (3) MADOFF could be a live long shot in the short field and is now making his third start off the layoff. (6) URAWOMANIZER four-year-old hasn't had the stamina late after being aggressively used. Gelding needs a good trip and some racing luck.
(2) MISTER VIRGIN Indiana bred comes off a super qualifier after a successful freshman year. Three-year-old had much more in the tank even after exploding home in the workout. (9) BRIEF'S BOY four-year-old was trapped in last out with no chance of catching the winner. Gelding should be considered a threat off his last few efforts. (1) BLUE MINT three-year-old had very dull cover last out basically taking him out of the race. Gelding gets the best post for the top trainer.
(7) CHLOE HALL mare has won two straight and looks to have the most upside in the race; drivers choice. (4) TWILIGHT DELIGHT mare was a wrapped up winner last out doing all the work. Seven-year-old steps back up in class and will need more. (5) PRETTY PLACE mare has the most back class in the field and drops in class but has just been racing evenly.
(1) ONE LAST CHANCE gelding jumped up in class with a big effort last out and draws the rail. Five-year-old comes out of a barn that is turning in some big miles. (3) MY BOY CAL gelding consistently hits the ticket and just needs a fast pace up front to make him a huge threat late. (4) BELL VALLEY BILL gelding came first up with authority to get an impressive victory last out. Five-year-old takes a bump back up in class but just needs a repeat of his last effort to be dangerous.
(2) CHINA GAL mare comes off a nice qualifier after making a couple of lackluster starts a few weeks back. Seven-year-old looks to be ready for a good effort. (1) DEE DEE SAGE mare was an easy winner after putting in a much better effort than her last few but hasn't shown any consistency; use caution. (6) EDITA HANOVER mare exploded home after getting a perfect pocket trip last out and will be firing early.
(1) SECTIONLINE YANKEE mare put in a disappointing effort down in class just getting picked off late. Four-year-old faces a similar field and just needs a breather up front to get the victory. (2) SHABALABADINGDONG well bred mare was an easy winner last out at Maywood and should be in line for a good trip in the short field. (5) WHISTLE PIG mare needed her last two starts and could sitting on a big effort especially if the leaders mix it up early.
(2) RICHESS EMPEROR gelding finally got a win last out unleashing a wicked kick late. Five-year-old steps up in class but could have gained some confidence; threat. (1) STAMPED BY DESIGN one win in seventeen starts tells a lot. The 8-year-old couldn't get by after a perfect pocket trip last out but was the drivers’ choice. (9) ST DAVID HANOVER was perfectly driven last out getting a good victory; versatile.
(3) FOUR STARZZZ Z gelding has now burned cash in two straight at very short prices. Five-year-old is pacing much faster than most of the field and just needs a good trip. (1) ARCH VILLAIN six-year-old makes his second start for the new connections and gets the best post. (2) SHISWELL'S DELIGHT gelding has just been racing evenly but could be in line for a ground saving trip; use underneath.
(8) LIFE IS GOOD TODAY gelding is 0 for 13 on the year but finds a very weak and inconsistent field; threat. (5) CINNAMON SPIDER eight-year-old makes his third start off the long layoff and should offer a big price. (9) LAWSUIT is the wild card in the race because if he blasts he will set the race up for a closer. If the gelding comes from off the pace he could hit the ticket.
(8) SERGEANT STRYKER gelding comes off two straight victories for a hot barn. (3) LOOK MA NO HANDS gelding got a perfect trip last out but couldn't close on a game winner; fires late. (7) WOLFIES SPORTSTER gelding has flashed talent but seems to have some issues and just raced evenly last out.
- 1.Posted 12/05/2013 01:44PM
- 2.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/06/2013 03:20PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 02:15PM
- 5.Posted 12/05/2013 03:54PM