- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Saturday 4/6 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 10 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (20 - 33 / $72.80): LENNOX BLUE CHIP (10th)
Spot Play: RICHESS EMPEROR (5th)
(1) UPFRONT MISS MAJOR four-year-old mare has been flying at the end of her miles and just needs a fast pace up front to close into. (3) EDITA HANOVER mare came up a little short but put in a good effort and now makes her third start back off a layoff. (4) PRETTY PLACE mare has the most back class in the field, looks to finally be in racing shape, and faces an easier field.
(2) BIG BRAD three-year-old colt makes his sophomore debut and put in a solid qualifier, draws the best post, and will be flying late. (5) ALEQUASH HOTSPUR gelding put in an eye-popping effort last out at Maywood and needed the start; threat. (4) SILVER DEVIL this gelding could be the one to watch as he has the best pedigree in the race and is undefeated in three starts this year.
(3) DALLAS JONES filly is a late bloomer that has been facing much tougher than this field and appears to have few challengers. (7) BIG ZIPPER three-year-old could be the only threat to the top choice but is saddled with the worst post. (4) INCREDIBLE FILLY filly might be sitting on a good effort off the bench; use underneath.
(4) WESTERN MODEL gelding put in a huge effort last out and should be even sharper third start back off a long layoff. (1) CRUISENTHECIRCUIT draws the best post, picks up a top driver, and should be in a good spot turning for home. (2) FOX VALLEY ARNEIS gelding has made two straight breaks on two bad tracks. Three year old had paced faster than most of the field when he stayed pacing.
(5) RICHESS EMPEROR gelding is a handful and made up a ton of ground just missing last out; versatile. (7) HEATH gelding is racing inconsistently but if a speed duel were to take place up front he would be a huge threat. (2) GIBBS gelding got a perfect trip last out but didn't fire off cover but is now making his third start off a long layoff; command a price.
(1) DAVE'S BID gelding is racing gamely and should be in line for a ground saving trip. (2) LOOK MA NO HANDS four-year-old is versatile but does his best work from off the pace; fires late. (3) THATSWHATTHEYSAY gelding raced was used aggressively last out grinding down the leader for a victory.
(6) FORT SILKY drops from the open to Illinois bred company; short price. (4) SPECIAL JOE was a well rated winner last out and could have a bit more to offer. (2) ICE SCRAPER took a week off after setting blazing fractions in his last start; fires early.
(2) DEE DEE SAGE mare scored at a big price last out and still could offer great value; fires late. (1) REV ME UP mare has the most back class and had a very rough trip last out. (7) WILLOW GRAM four-year old is at the mercy of the pace up front but could upset in the right scenario.
(2) DRIVE 'EM COWBOY five-year-old pacer should offer a good price and looks to be in line for a great trip. (1a) REVOLUTIONARY well bred gelding just raced evenly last out but takes a good drop in class. (7) ROCKIN GLORY three-year-old is facing older but has the most upside in the race and could be ready for a good effort.
(2) LENNOX BLUE CHIP has been facing the best horses on the grounds and finally drops out of the invite; short price. (4) MAJOR MONET gelding is in a good spot to do some damage but would need to step way up to beat the top choice. (7) FOUR STARZZZ Z gelding has been racing consistently showing good late kick; use underneath
(5) HOLY CHIP is razor sharp and has exploded home in two straight. (1) STAMPED BY DESIGN gelding just missed last out to the top choice and gets the best post. (6) WHIRLWINDIPLOMACY gelding has won two straight stepping up both times; drivers choice.
(3) MONEY RUNNER mare could use a fast pace up front to close into and is facing an easier field than her last few. (4) TAFFY TOWN mare is just racing evenly but finds a very inconsistent field. (5) BUBBLER mare does her best work from off the pace and could use a good trip.
(4) TUFF LONGPORT six-year year old stallion raced like a new horse last out and a repeat of that effort crushes. (7) OHYOUATEONETOO gelding put in a good effort last out and faces a soft field. (5) LE-SIRENUSE gelding has some ability but races erratically from time to time.
- 1.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 2.Posted 12/09/2013 01:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/10/2013 01:46PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 01:42PM