- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Saturday 4/27 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 10 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (23 - 41 / $82.00): BRIEFS BOY (7th)
Spot Play: WOLFIES SPORTSTER (12th)
(5) MAJOR MALE five-year-old stallion put in a decent effort last out, finds a field with few contenders, and could be ready for a big effort. (4) WESTERN SLAMMER gelding has been off his game for awhile but does take a significant drop in class. (3) REAL OR MAGIC has just been racing evenly off a long layoff but with the right trip could do some damage late.
(4) BEST MAN HANOVER well bred gelding just tired a bit late but has been razor sharp and now makes his third start back off a layoff. The five year old could offer some value in the short field. (5) FORT SILKY has now won four out of the last six invites and looks to make it three in a row here; short price. (2) LUCKY JET four-year-old nailed the top choice right at the wire last out and had a tougher trip; threat.
(9) KRUSTY THE CLOWN gelding raced gamely off a scratch and needed the start. Nice looking 3-year-old could be the horse to beat despite the young provisional driver. (6) CHARLEY'S ARTIST three-year-old colt makes his second career start and looks to have a lot of upside; drivers choice. (8) BALLISTIC TIP almost won from an impossible spot last out, last by fifteen only to miss by three-quarters of a length and should be able to get into the race earlier off that performance. (4) PAIN RELIEF has started to turn a corner and should be considered a threat in a fairly wide open race.
(7) EARHART could be a live long shot that I believe has a couple of things going for her including second start off a layoff. Six-year-old mare would need some racing luck and a fast pace up front for her best chance. (5) SQUONK gelding never got into the mile last out but finds a weak field. (4) BUMBLEB'Z KANDI mare raced evenly last out after a couple of improved efforts.
(2) PARK LANE DEPUTY seven-year-old takes a huge drop in class but something wasn't right last out; look for an improved effort. (7) RICHESS EMPEROR gelding is 0 for 14 on the year and has been heavily bet in his last few; command a price. (4) URAWOMANIZER four-year-old had soft fractions but was out-closed last out; use underneath.
(7) FULL STEAM AHEAD gelding comes off a real nice qualifier and looks to be freshened up for a good effort. (3) GIANT SCULPTURE put in a huge effort before the scratch last start but could still be ready. (4) HE WILL ROCK YOU never left the rail last out but did close on them late.
(2) BRIEF'S BOY gelding appears to be very sharp after two excellent starts after a long layoff and could improve; drivers choice. (1) TINK AND TIGER just missed to the top choice in just his first start off the layoff. (5) WELLI'MSURPRIZED is an intriguing player in here; he is facing older but does have some nice pedigree from the mare side that tells me he could step up in the right scenario.
(3) FOUR STARZZZ Z gelding should offer a decent price even with the good post and drop in class; threat. (1A) WASHINGTON HANOVER is part off a nice-looking entry just coming back after layoffs but both look ready to mix it up. (4) REALLY LUCKY gelding wasn't given a shot last out as he trailed before flying late to miss by a length and should also be considered a threat.
(5) WINDSUN MONTECARLO mare raced evenly last out after being sharp prior; command a price. (1) FOX VALLEY MATINEE could be a key horse for the gimmicks as she hits the board a lot and gets the best post. (3) PEACE mare good gets a good post but needs a very fast pace up front for her best chance.
(1) TIME TO ROLL drops out of the invite, draws the rail, and has shown big late kick in his last few starts. (6) POWER OF TARA N gelding also takes a drop and has a lot of ability; versatile. (3) STAMPED BY DESIGN always seems to be right there on the money but is facing a tough bunch.
(7) PERTTY MUSIC nicely bred filly drew off impressively last out and looks to have more in the tank. (5) LIMA CALLIOPE mare made over 100k in her two-year-old season so the talent is there despite a poor 2012 and now she's making her third start back after a long layoff. (1A) FOX VALLEY ABSOLUT just missed last out after setting all the fractions from a tough post.
(2) WOLFIES SPORTSTER gelding draws a great post and looks to be in a great spot facing a suspect field. (1) JUSTLIVINTHEDREAM gelding got a nice victory against much easier last out and could use a fast pace up front to close into. (4) SERGEANT STRYKER four-year-old made the most of a good trip and appears to have some upside in a race with few contenders.
(5) WESTERN DEAL ten-year-old pacer kicked home from a tough spot last out just missing in this class. (4) NASH GRAM gelding has a tendency to turn it around from week to week and should offer a nice price. (8) LAWSUIT makes his third start back off a really nice effort last out.
- 1.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 2.Posted 12/09/2013 01:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/10/2013 01:46PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 01:42PM