- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Saturday 4/13 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 10 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (23 - 36 / $82.00): HOLY CHIP (9th)
Spot Play: BOSSA NOVA BABY (5th)
(1) LD'S DASH gelding put in a huge effort last out just missing and now gets the best post in a suspect field. (6) WESTERN MODEL four-year-old was taken out of the race in his last start but needed the start anyway and should be sitting on a good effort. (3) MORTAL COMBAT well bred colt has some talent and could be in line for a pocket trip.
(1) FOX VALEEY MATINEE was used aggressively last out just tiring a bit late. Four-year-old mare needs to time her move right for a victory. (4) TOGETHER AGAIN N mare has one win on the year and will be a heavy favorite; use caution. (5) PEACE mare has shown explosive late kick but could be at the mercy of slow fractions in the short field.
(1) SHAX gelding always seems to come flying late in the mile and would greatly benefit from a speed duel up front. (2) BONN SCOTT veteran pacer turned it around last out with a game effort and now gets the best post. (7) ZALL GOOD four-year-old is racing gamely and parlayed a good trip to victory last out; fires early.
(3) PRETTY PLACE mare looks to finally be back in racing shape and has back class on most of the field. (7) FOX VALLEY ABSOLUT after a career year last season the mare has seemed to tail off but does find a very soft field; fires early. (5) CASINO COMP five-year-old put in a lackluster effort last out but had been sharp prior.
(7) BOSSA NOVA BABY speedy gelding is blazing fast but has a few kinks in his gait. Four-year-old just needs to stay flat along with rationing out his speed for an easy victory. (1a) REVOLUTIONARY gelding faces his easiest field in some time and with the right trip is a threat. (1) LOST ONE nine-year-old does his best work from up close to the pace and with some racing luck could actually get a victory in a field full of question marks.
(3) DEE DEE SAGE mare just raced evenly last out but does find a much softer field than what she's been facing. (4) UPFRONT MISS MAJOR well bred mare also just raced evenly last out but if a speed duel should take place up front watch for her to come charging hard late. (5) CHINA GAL seven-year-old makes her second start off a long layoff and should show some improvement.
(6) DALLAS JONES just missed last out coming first up from way back; fires late. (2) BIG ZIPPER filly is sharp right now and got an easy lead last out before using a big third quarter to get the jump on the top choice. (1) THANK YOU DOC three-year-old filly needed her first start off a layoff, draws the best post, and has a lot of upside.
(7) RICHESS EMPEROR gelding is a handful--a big powerful pacer who has shown good versatility and just needs a good trip to find the winners circle. (8) BEST MAN HANOVER is the class of the field but makes his first start off a long layoff. Five-year-old put in a solid qualifier and could be ready for a good effort off the bench. (6) DRIVE 'EM COWBOY gelding got a perfect trip last out just couldn't get by a game winner; use underneath.
(4) HOLY CHIP gelding has been brought along perfectly by the connections. Four-year-old is razor sharp and showed a new dimension last out quarter-moving in dominating fashion. (5) STAMPED BY DESIGN eight-year-old has yet to win but almost always puts in a good effort and hit's the board. (7) BRING THE RAIN gelding is racing deceptively good right now and could use a fast pace up front to close into.
(5) FOX VALLEY YUKON gelding finds himself in a great spot to do some damage, will offer a big price, and is versatile. (6) FOUR STARZZZ Z five-year-old is at the mercy of the pace up front but can really kick home. (1) JACKSON BERLOW gelding is pacing out of his skin right now just missing to a really good opponent last out.
(7) HE WILL ROCK YOU six-year-old stallion was a game winner last out making his first start off a long layoff and could have more in the tank. (1) TUFF LONGPORT was actually very disappointing in last after being razor-sharp the start before. If the 6-year-old races back to his start prior he could be the only threat to the top choice. (6) RIGHTONRAY gelding was to far back last out and needs a fast pace up front to close into; use underneath.
(4) CHLOE HALL mare gutted out a victory last start showing a good burst of speed and might have more to offer. (8) PERTTY MUSIC well bred filly comes off a nice qualifier and has an outstanding pedigree. (5) SPECIAL KIM filly makes her sophomore debut off an excellent qualifier but could need a start.
(7) DAVE'S BID will probably be a very short price, I just can't find anybody to pick against him; use caution. (8) THATSWHATTHEYSAY well bred gelding has put in two nice efforts in a row but somehow needs to find a way into the race. (1) LOOK MA NO HANDS four-year-old does his best work from off the pace and could use a speed duel up front.
- 1.Posted 12/02/2013 02:02PM
- 2.Posted 12/02/2013 12:25PM
- 3.Posted 12/01/2013 06:53PM
- 4.Posted 12/01/2013 08:25PM
- 5.Posted 11/30/2013 05:05PM