- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Saturday 3/30 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 10 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (18 - 31 / $64.80): CHLOE HALL (1st)
Spot Play: BELL VALLEY BILL (8th)
(2) CHLOE HALL mare comes off a super impressive qualifier and looks to be ready for a new trainer. (1) LEANMEAN NORMAJEAN mare had a very rough go of it last out and should be in line for a much better trip. (9) EDITA HANOVER seven-year-old was used aggressively first start for new connections and now takes a good drop in class.
(4) THUNDER STEELER gelding is razor sharp and should be considered the one to beat after blazing home in 25:3 last week. Look for the 4-year-old to be involved early and late this week. (5) ST ELMO HERO classy gelding got an ideal trip and was just outkicked late; threat. (3) TIME TO ROLL the 4-year-old stallion appears to be back on his game and could use some fast fractions up front to close into.
(8) GEORGE'S VACATION veteran trotter moves back to the class he drew off the start prior and should be considered a threat; versatile. (6) THE PADRE gelding is loaded with talent and should be closing hard late. (4) KEYSTONE SWAGGER well bred stallion just missed last out after making a big brush for the lead.
(5) WESTERN DEAL gelding has dominated since moving to the top trainer's barn; short price. (7) BURSTING BLAZE gelding is a hot commodity at the claiming box and should blast for position for his best chance. (9) GOOD KNIGHT CAMELOT six-year-old is saddled with the worst post but has been making up good ground late.
(4) FASHION DELIGHT gelding went a big effort last out first up and could try and control the race early. (8) JOSHUA MAC N gelding looks like he's finally acclimated to the states and has shown good improvement in each start so far. (7) DRIVE 'EM COWBOY gelding comes off a scratch but it wasn't for being sick and looks to find a good spot to get a piece late.
(7) THISWAYORTHEHIGHWY four-year-old has great gate speed, crossed the finish line first in his last two, and could do it again with a soft second quarter up front. (6) JUSTLIKEITHOUGHT should offer great value and has really improved in his last few efforts. (3) DAVE'S BID gelding came up empty last out and would be considered a threat if he races like he did a start prior.
(2) PECK BLUE CHIP picking against this guy hasn't worked out as he has won four straight digging in late and faces the same field; use caution. (5) MY BOY CAL has now been second to the top choice three times in a row and just needs somebody to mix it up early with the favorite. (3) BRING THE RAIN gelding has been sneaky good after not winning a race last year and should actually be considered a threat.
(2) BELL VALLEY BILL looked like a winner last out after showing excellent late kick and should offer a juicy price. (1) JACKSON BERLOW gelding was also flying at the end of his mile last out and now gets the best post. (6) GIBBS put in a decent first start off a long layoff but will probably be overbet and might need another start.
(8) SECTIONLINE YANKEE mare is getting closer to finally being back in racing shape and has the most upside in the race. (3) TOGETHER AGAIN N mare is going really good right now and looks to be in line for another good trip. (6) WHISTLE PIG mare gets a good post for her racing style and should a speed duel take place upfront watch out for her to be flying late.
(3) SPECIAL JOE eight-year-old gelding put in a huge effort last out; a repeat of that effort is good enough. (5) MAJOR MONET got a win down in class last out and has the ability to step up; threat. (2) FOUR STARZZZ Z five-year-old gets an excellent post and will try and shake loose late.
(3) HOLY CHIP gelding was smoking home last time out and looks to have figured things out. (4) STAMPED BY DESIGN gelding has been racing really consistently every start and could use a smooth trip. (2) ARCH VILLAIN is a new horse for the connections cruising to victory last out but would need more.
(9) REV ME UP finally got a victory last out after a few starts off a layoff and owns a class edge on the field. (7) DEE DEE SAGE mare has just been racing evenly but is going to pop at a good price sooner rather than later. (3) PRETTY PLACE five-year-old is making her third start back off a layoff and has shown excellent late kick. (5) YIPPY mare could offer a juicy price and ships in from Maywood off a huge effort parked the mile after being roughed up early.
(1) TUFF LONGPORT six-year-old draws the rail in a soft field and has put in a couple of nice efforts recently. (4) R H FINALE gelding probably has the most upside in the race but tends to race erratically at times. (10) LE-SIRENUSE keep an eye on the tote board early as the gelding was the drivers choice and is making his third start back off a layoff.
Great job JD!
- 1.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 2.Posted 12/09/2013 01:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/10/2013 01:46PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 01:42PM