- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Reports
- StorePast PerformancesREPORTSPICKSHarness PPs
Balmoral: Saturday 3/23 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 2 - $35,000 Guaranteed Pick Five Pool ($8,979 C/O)
Race 10 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (17 - 28 / $62.00): PARK LANE DEPUTY (10th)
Spot Play: FASHION DELIGHT (12th)
(2) DALLAS JONES filly is sharp and is the one to beat; fires late. (1) WILLOW GRAM mare draws the rail and finds a softer field than she's been facing. (5) PRETTY PLACE classy mare put in an excellent first start and should be sharper second time back.
(4) MAJOR MALE the excuses for this one keep piling up but the fact is he was a winner last out with now where to go; versatile. (1) PECK BLUE CHIP gelding has won three straight digging in late last out for the top trainer; vulnerable late. (2) MY BOY CAL gelding has really seemed to mature this year and shows consistent late kick.
(1) HOT ROD RILEY MAE should offer some value, draws the rail, and looks to rebound from a subpar effort. The 5-year-old mare had been sharp prior. (4) MISS DAT KAT mare speed popped them last out showing a different dimension and would be a threat to repeat if she minds her manners. (9) BENNS SCORE KEEPER gelding comes off a victory and could be facing an easier group.
(2) RATHBONE N gelding finally turned it around crushing last out and will be a heavy favorite. (5) LUMINOUS LOMBO A gelding has put in two sneaky good efforts and could pick up the pieces late. (6) BURSTING BLAZE gelding is making his first start for the connections off the claim and finds a great spot to do some damage.
(2) HEATH gelding converted a perfect trip into a victory and faces another soft field. (7) WHIRLWINDIPLOMACY gelding unleashed a big move last out and looked to be a winner before tiring a bit late. (3) FOX VALLEY ARCTIC gelding is racing really gamely and dug back in last out just missing to top choice.
(7) ZALL GOOD gelding's last two efforts have been sensational and the 4-year-old looks to have no problem leaving for position. (5) MAJESTIC ROYALE gelding has raced really well for the new connections and could be in line for another good trip. (4) COME N BET IT gelding closed really nicely from dead last and should be even better second start off the layoff.
In a very competitive field (7) DEE DEE SAGE owns the most back class and looks to have finally raced herself back into shape. (4) REV ME UP mare raced really evenly last out after showing some life prior. The 6-year-old mare also owns some back class on the field as well. (6) DARN SHOCKING mare is coming off a 3 week layoff but had been sharp in her last few starts.
(1) SECTIONLINE YANKEE mare had no excuse last out tiring badly but did show a sterling debut a few back. (1a) AQUA ARTIST mare forms a powerful duo with her half sister and will be firing early. (5) PEACE mare has been razor sharp storming home in her last three starts. The 6-year-old gets a huge test for class here and will probably offer a smaller price than she should.
(6) ST ELMO HERO gelding never looked comfortable in the mile off a short layoff and should be better. (8) THUNDER STEELER gelding was vicious last out brushing past the top choice with authority. (3) LENNOX BLUE CHIP gelding has also been sharp showing good late kick and could be a threat if a speed duel takes place upfront.
(9) PARK LANE DEPUTY seven-year-old stallion finally gets away from some top pacers and will be firing early. (7) ICE SCRAPER gelding is also dropping from the invite and is very versatile. (3) OLD MAN RIVER gelding consistently hit's the board and would need a lot more to hit the top spot.
(3) BORN TO ROCKN ROLL gelding was taken out of the race last out by a breaker and now gets class relief. (6) STAMPED BY DESIGN gelding has been used very aggressively in most of his starts and could use a smooth trip. (2) MAJOR MONET gelding has had some tough racing luck with some bad drives but should be in line for a much better trip this week.
(7) FASHION DELIGHT gelding would crush these if he had all the kinks worked out. I think it's a big possibility of a big effort coming soon. (2) UNCLE BUD gelding was trapped in before shaking loose late and has been sharp. (8) LOST ONE gelding is an enigma for bettors and usually ends up ruining someone else's chances but finds an inconsistent field.
(4) DAVE'S BID gelding raced huge last out being hounded for most of the mile; big chance. (6) WOLFIES SPORTSTER gelding has the most upside but raced erratically last out still finishing second. (7) THISWAYORTHEHIGHWY the gelding bullied his way out of a tough spot only to be disqualified out of the victory. The 4-year-old has been impressive in two out of his last three efforts.
- 1.Posted 06/18/2013 09:59AM
- 2.Posted 06/17/2013 01:04PM
- 3.Posted 06/17/2013 04:52PM
- 4.Posted 06/17/2013 01:00PM
- 5.Posted 06/17/2013 04:02PM