- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Reports
- StorePast PerformancesREPORTSPICKSHarness PPs
Balmoral: Saturday 3/2 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 10 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (13 - 21 / $47.40): W WHITE COMET (7th)
Spot Play: SPECIAL JOE (6th)
(10) DAYLIGHTSABURNIN gelding is the only one in the field with a victory this year and has the gate speed to overcome the bad post. (1) ALL DUNE three-year-old gelding put in a solid first start off the layoff making up good ground late. (3) PARK LANE SCOOTER gelding also put in a decent effort and now makes his third start off a layoff; threat.
(6) ARCH VILLAIN gelding takes a huge drop in class for the top trainer. (1) RIO'S Z TAM gelding gets post relief and should be in line for a good ground saving trip. (2) SHAX gelding seems to do his best work from off the pace and fast fractions up front would only help.
(5) MRS D well-bred mare just needs to mind her manners to find the winners circle. (1) SQUONK gelding takes a good drop in class and looks to be trotting faster than most. (2) GILLY HO gelding just raced evenly last out but does get the best post in an inconsistent field.
(1a) WOLFIES SPORTSTER gelding swooped the field from dead last using a big late kick last out. (1) WHIRLWINDIPLOMACY gelding is racing gamely and gets an excellent post. (6) ONE LAST CHANCE gelding never had a chance last out but showed a good burst after shaking loose late.
(4) DRIVE 'EM COWBOY gelding is just racing himself back into shape and appears to have a class edge on the field. (2) JACKSON BERLOW gelding is really inconsistent but does have the ability; use caution. (9) SHIPPS CON gelding is saddled with the worst post but faces less and has shown good late kick in his last two starts.
(1) SPECIAL JOE gelding got blocked in the stretch last out or would have probably won. Eight-year-old faces tougher but could be up to the task and should offer some value. (3) FASHION DELIGHT well-bred stallion has the most talent in the field and just needs to mind his manners for a piece. (2) FOUR STARZZZ Z gelding gets a good post and makes his third start back off a layoff.
(5) W WHITE COMET gelding takes a drop in class and looks to be racing consistently; big chance. (2) TWO BEERS AWAY well-bred gelding was a wire to wire winner last out but now faces much tougher. (8) MCMANTLE gelding also drops in class and the 6-year-old needed his last start.
(1a) SECTIONLINE YANKEE mare was really good first start off the layoff and should only get better. (1) AQUA ARTIST mare's entry mate is her half sister and they form a powerful duo; fires early. (9) FOX VALLEY TOUCHE mare always gives maximum effort and should be flying out of the gate.
(1) MAJOR MALE well-bred stallion finally gets a good post and has been really sharp for some time. (2) ELKHORN DAMIEN gelding just missed last out and looks to be in line for a good trip. (5) PECK BLUE CHIP gelding is always used aggressively which is detrimental to him late in the miles; needs a trip.
(1) LENNOX BLUE CHIP gelding drops in class, draws the best post, and is versatile. (3) PARK LANE DEPUTY finally gets away from the open pacers and should be firing early; threat. (4) THUNDER STEELER gelding takes a big step up and would have to pace faster but has the pedigree and talent to do just that.
(5) OLD MAN RIVER drops back down to a condition where he has been a threat; versatile. (6) REVOLUTIONARY well-bred gelding looks to have some upside and could be sitting on a big effort. (1) FOX VALLEY YUKON gelding drops in class, gets the best post, and has put in two really good efforts.
In what I consider to be the toughest race on the card to handicap (2) PEACE is dropping in class and will be doing her best work late. (6) WILLOW GRAM mare put in a good effort last out and needed the start. (5) BECKY B SKIPALONG mare makes her first start in a new barn and I wouldn't be surprised to see a big effort.
(5) FULL STEAM AHEAD gelding had to be used very hard early in the mile last out. Five-year-old just needs to ration out his speed to find the winners circle. (7) LOOK MA NO HANDS gelding is racing gamely and could use some honest fractions up front to close into. (3) ROCKME AMADEOUS gelding had a tough trip last out but looks to be in line for a good trip; shakes loose late.
- 1.Posted 06/18/2013 09:59AM
- 2.Posted 06/17/2013 01:04PM
- 3.Posted 06/17/2013 04:52PM
- 4.Posted 06/17/2013 01:00PM
- 5.Posted 06/17/2013 04:02PM