- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Saturday 2/23 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 10 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (12 - 18 / $44.20): THUNDER STEELER (9th)
Spot Play: R H FINALE (3rd)
(6) MIGHTY RPMZZZ gelding comes off a scratch, but if he races like he did a few back he would be a big threat. (1) HOLLYWOOD HUSTLER gelding gets the best post and will probably be forwardly placed. (7) LATERAL MACH gelding won at a huge price last out making up a lot of ground late. Three-year-old should be much sharper second start off the layoff.
(5) ST ELMO HERO gelding is razor sharp and finds a much softer field than his last few. (2) FORT SILKY gelding got roughed up last time, but the 7-year-old should be able to utilize his gate speed for position. (3) TIME TO ROLL well bred stallion has won two straight but in my opinion wasn't as good as he should have been last out and now steps up.
(7) R H FINALE well-bred gelding put in a good effort in his first start of the season and should improve. (5) DICKIE FINN Five-year-old is 0 for his last 37 but finds a very weak field add that to the fact he's been making up good ground late; threat. (3) SHARKY DEE gelding gets a big driver change and will probably offer low value.
(4) FRAHER HILL VICTOR gelding got a really good trip last out and couldn't make up any ground; command a price. (1) ANTHONY SKYWALKER gelding was a little short last out but now gets the best post in a suspect field. (5) WEN-MAR'S CHIP gelding doesn't win often but is versatile and could shake loose late.
(9) SPECIAL JOE gelding won impressively first start off a long layoff. Eight-year-old will be firing early and should be even better. (4) RICHESS EMPEROR gelding has been knocking on the door lately but now finds himself in with tougher. (2) THISBIGDOGWILLFIGHT champion gelding is close to making a million and racing himself back into shape; threat.
(2) WAITING AND HOPING mare moves out of the filly and mare open into a claimer against the boys. Six-year-old has been racing gamely and gets a good post. (3) SHAX gelding has been racing consistently and looks to be getting better with every start. (9) RIO'S Z TAM gelding is saddled with a bad post but had been sharp prior to his last.
(7) BETTERLUVNEXTTIME mare looks to have little competition and has been running up the score; short price. (6) FOX VALLEY TOUCHE mare is very consistent and is loaded with gate speed. (1) TAMARAC SASSY mare has come back sharp and gets the best post; use underneath.
(1a) ELKHORN DAMIEN gelding takes a good drop in class and could use some honest fractions up front to close into. (2a) MAJOR MALE well bred horse is sharp and could be a threat to the top choice with the right trip. (6) MARKY MIKE gelding is also sharp winning two straight but takes a big step up in class.
(1) THUNDER STEELER gelding unleashed a big rally last out and should improve before heading out east. (2) FASHION DELIGHT well bred stallion gets a good post and needed his last start. (8) SHISWELL'S DELIGHT gelding drops down in class and has been showing good late kick.
(4) DONT WORRRY B HAPPY when the gelding shook loose last out he exploded home against a game winner. (7) BORN TO ROCKN ROLL gelding moves up the condition ladder but has plenty of back class and should be sharper. (5) OLD MAN RIVER gelding looked to be a winner last time before being picked off late.
(9) AQUA ARTIST well bred mare was razor sharp before having something happen in her last start. Six-year-old came back with a nice qualifier and should be sitting on a good effort. (8) MYSTICAL MJ drops back down into a spot where the mare can be competitive; threat. (5) PEACE mare might need a start but should a speed duel take place upfront watch out; fires late.
(2) WESTERN SLAMMER gelding was in over his head last out and drops back down to a class he barely broke a sweat the start prior. (7) HOLY CHIP gelding is at the mercy of the pace upfront but will be charging hard late. (1) DRIVE 'EM COWBOY gelding gets the best post and makes his second start off the layoff.
(5) WHIRLWINDIPLOMACY gelding has been racing consistently and looks to be versatile in a soft field. (2) THISWAYORTHEHIGHWY gelding gets some post relief and looks to be improving some. (3) SERGEANT STRYKER gelding steps up a bit off a good victory.
- 1.Posted 12/05/2013 01:44PM
- 2.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/06/2013 03:20PM
- 4.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM