- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Saturday 1/19 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 10 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (3-7 / $14.60): B FLY MCQUEEN (2nd)
Spot Play: BOLD RAIDER (5th)
(8) LIFE IS GOOD TODAY gelding takes a good drop in class and is versatile. (3) LOST ONE is a really tough horse to play but did put in a game mile from the ten hole last out. (1) BRING THE RAIN was 0 for 38 last year but does draw the best post; use underneath.
(4) B FLY MCQUEEN exploded late in the mile last out after being shaking loose deep in the stretch; short price. (3) FOUR STARZ KID gelding put in a game effort last out. Ten-year-old finally looks to be rounding into form. (5) MRS D royally bred mare doesn't look like much on paper but don't be surprised if the 4-year-old puts in a huge effort.
(3) ONE LAST CHANCE gelding always seems to put himself in a good striking spot in the mile; threat. (1) BAY FISHEN DOC draws the best post, is versatile, and should be in line for a good trip. Note the gelding's mile at Maywood a few back was by far the fastest mile of the night. (9) SHAX gelding is saddled with a bad post but does have gate speed.
(2) HOLY CHIP gelding was absolutely flying late in his last mile and hopefully has some room to pace late. (1) RICHESS EMPEROR gelding was handled very aggressively last out and looks to be fresh. (6) REVOLUTIONARY gelding has the same connections of ST ELMO HERO and comes off a good qualifier.
(7) BOLD RAIDER drops into the claiming ranks off of some good efforts; fires late. (10) MAJOR MALE has been awesome in his last two miles. Watch the tote board early as a repeat effort would do the trick. (5) IDEAL JOE has just been doing ok in this class, but the well bred gelding would be in line for a good trip should he decide to leave for position.
(6) HEATH takes a drop in class and faces much less. (1) JACKSON BERLOW also gets the same drop in class and draws the best post. (3) STAMPED BY DESIGN showed decent late kick last out and should offer a big price.
(1) LD'S DASH the connections of this one tend to race very inconsistently from week to week but the gelding drew off impressively last out; short price. (2) TRIGGERHAPPY HERO was put in a very bad spot last week from the second tier. Gelding now gets an ideal post and should be much closer turning for home. (5) PARTYATBARTSPLACE gelding looked like he had turned it around before another miscue last out.
(9) FOX VALLEY ABSOLUT finds a very soft spot and should be able to outlast this group. (1) SEEKIN FOR GLAMOUR another one that tends to race differently from week to week but looks to be in a good spot. (6) LCB SANDY takes a good bump up in class but looks to have some ability.
(9) BETTERLUVNEXTTIME mare never got a chance to stretch her legs up in Canada and is versatile; short price. (5) LC TIFFANY stable mate to top choice, moves up to the open after destroying a much easier field but looked impressive. (8) FOX VALLEY TOUCHE raced gamely last out and could get the jump on the top choice.
(7) W WHITE COMET gelding put in an excellent effort up in class last out and might not have reached his ceiling yet. (3) BELL VALLEY BILL would normally be an auto toss but was the favorite in the invite a few weeks ago; watch tote board. (2) STAR CITY HERO got a much needed win last start showing good late kick but now bumps back up in class.
(9) LENNOX BLUE CHIP gelding takes a big drop in class and faces a much easier field; drivers choice. (7) SPORTY GYPSY gelding is racing gamely right now and could fire early for position; versatile. (10) TOUCH THE ROCK put in a huge effort last out but is now saddled with a bad post.
(10) KENDYL gets saddled with a bad post and is in a very tough spot but will offer a good price and if a speed duel takes place up front watch out. (9) AQUA ARTIST mare comes off a six month layoff and probably needs a start. The 6-year old has a huge class advantage on these and would win easily if primed and ready. (6) MUY CALIENTE well bred mare put in a big effort last out at Maywood and gets a little easier field than she's been facing.
(1) SERGEANT STRYKER offers little value but has the best post and speed in the field; use caution. (3) BRUSH THIRTEEN gelding is inconsistent but his best effort would make him a threat. (4) GET A LITTLE CRAZY gets a good post and shows some versatility; needs more.
- 1.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 2.Posted 12/09/2013 01:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/10/2013 01:46PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 01:42PM