- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Reports
- StorePast PerformancesREPORTSPICKSHarness PPs
Balmoral: Saturday 1/12 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 10 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (3 - 4 / $14.60): CLEVER UPSTART (2nd)
Spot Play: MARKY MIKE (12th)
(5) STAR CITY HERO takes a good drop in class and looks to be pacing faster than most. (2) HOLY CHIP gelding has a lot of upside and always comes charging hard late; threat. (7) SPORTS FANATIC gelding put in a nice effort last out and could improve.
(1) CLEVER UPSTART has been racing gamely up against better and now drops in class; short price. (8) B FLY MCQUEEN also gets a drop in class and is versatile. (4) MISCHIEVIOUS JESSE couldn't have looked any better in his last start before the scratch. Five-year-old gelding steps up and will need to trot faster.
(2) LC TIFFANY mare ships back in from Canada where she had a rough go of it, but now gets a good post against a much easier field. (9) HARPER LEE put in a game performance against tougher and now drops; threat. (6) KATE THE GREAT mare looks to have tailed off a bit but still has talent and if a speed duel should take place upfront she will be flying late.
(8) BODY GUARD couldn't have been any more impressive and will be a very short price; vulnerable late. (2) JO JO SPUR gets a drop in class and closed nicely last out from a tough spot. (1) ONE LAST CHANCE gets the best post and looks to be in line for a good ground saving trip.
(4) FOX VALLEY ABSOLUT takes a good drop in class and finds a soft field. Seven-year-old mare just took a bad step last out and will be firing early. (8) IF I DIDN'T CARE well bred mare comes back off a layoff and has the speed and talent to be a player. (5) CADIE'S GOTTA GUN mare faces an easier field and is versatile.
(2) PARTYATBARTSPLACE lightly raced gelding looks to have the kinks worked out. Three-year-old earned a victory last out using a big rally from way back. (1) LD'S DASH gelding seems to race inconsistently from week to week. If the 4-year-old races like he did a few back he would be a big threat. (3) LOOK MA NO HANDS gelding has won two straight but would need to pace even faster to win.
(5) FRITZ BOW gelding makes his second start off more than a year layoff. Four-year-old will offer a big price and could get a good trip in the short field; drivers choice. (1) CD'S IDEAL was in too tough last out but now draws the rail in a much weaker field. (7) SOUTHWIND ROYAL has just been racing evenly but finds a spot he can be competitive in.
(7) BRING IT ON KAAJAY four-year-old has been racing consistently and finds an easier field than what he's been facing; versatile. (5) RICHESS EMPEROR put in a huge effort last out and now makes his third start off the layoff. (1) CASINO CAPTOR gelding gets the best post and should offer a big price. If a speed duel should take place up front look for the 5-year-old to be firing late; second time lasix.
(7) ST ELMO HERO put in a huge effort off the scratch and should be even better; short price. (6) AL'S HAMMERED benefited from some wicked fractions upfront early last out. Four-year-old gelding will be firing like he was shot out of a cannon late. (5) IAM BONASERA gelding was leaving for position last out when he was stretched out and made a break. The fact that six-year-old was leaving last out might signal that he's ready.
(9) FOX VALLEY TOUCHE mare put in a disappointing effort last out losing off very easy fractions at Maywood, however the 5-year-old has some back class to call upon and should offer a square price; fires early. (6) LET'S GO HIGHER mare makes her fourth start off the layoff and should move forward at a big price. (1) LOVE THIS PLACE mare draws the best post, should be in line for a ground saving trip, and owns good late kick.
(7) ARTACHE HANOVER finally gets away from Open horses and has an excuse for his last; short price. (1) FOX VALLEY YUKON draws the rail, is versatile, and has been sharp. (2) OLD MAN RIVER also gets a good post and should be in line for a ground saving trip.
(4) MARKY MIKE hasn't won a race in a very long time but put in a huge effort first start off the layoff and should improve. (1) QUALITY SPORT gelding might have needed his last start and could be in line for a pocket trip. (6) MAJOR MALE put in an excellent effort last out parked the whole mile and still held well.
(1) SERGEANT STRYKER drops in class, draws the rail, and has shown a good burst of speed. (10) THISWAYORTHEHIGHWY gelding will probably fire early for position but could use a good trip after being used hard in his last few. (8) BRUSH THIRTEEN gelding is versatile and could use some fast fractions up front to close into.
- 1.Posted 06/18/2013 09:59AM
- 2.Posted 06/17/2013 01:04PM
- 3.Posted 06/17/2013 04:52PM
- 4.Posted 06/17/2013 01:00PM
- 5.Posted 06/17/2013 04:02PM