- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Saturday 10/27 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Best Bet: RUN AND TELL PAP (4th) Spot Play: FOX VALLEY RUBY (2nd)
(6) NIGHTINTHEBOX drew off impressively last start, and that makes two excellent efforts in a row. (5) IRON OUTLAW scored off a perfect trip last out, finds a soft field, and should be forwardly placed. (2) UNIVERSAL DREAM N was roughed up in his first try at Balmoral. Gelding has a good post and is versatile.
(2) FOX VALLEY RUBY showed a big brush last week to try and get past the favorite to no avail. 2yr old filly has turned a corner; big chance. (5) THANK YOU DOC put in a solid effort from a very tough spot last out. 2yr old gets a much better post and will be firing late. (3) TRIPLE LANE MELODY 2yr old Indiana bred has talent and is facing less.
(2) DOUG'S LEGACY was burned up early last start. Gelding will be forwardly placed and needs a trip in a very suspect field. (1) MAJOR DEGREE gets the best post and finds a field he can beat. Gelding could be in line for a ground saving trip. (3) ROCKET DOG fired first start of the claim for new connections just missing; expect improvement.
(3) RUN AND TELL PAP was used multiple times last out just missing. Gelding is sharp and a repeat performance gets it done; must use. (7) CLEVER UPSTART put in a good effort first start off the layoff. Gelding probably needed the start and should improve. (9) EVIL URGES gelding gets another bad post but has a class edge on the field and will probably try and float for position.
(4) ALL BLUES takes a drop in class and finds a very weak field; threat. (3) SERGEANT STRYKER is an enigma for betters...his best effort would do the trick; very inconsistent. (1) CAGE FIGHTER was roughed up last start, but gets the best post and does show some talent.
(3) WILSON'S TRACKS doesn't look great on paper but does have 8 victories in 18 starts. Gelding likes to win and has the speed and talent to make it number nine. (2) MADOFF was excellent last start just getting nailed late. 4yr old has a good post and should be forwardly placed. (10) SHISWELL'S DELIGHT takes a drop in class but is saddled with the worst post. If the gelding can find a way to get into the race he has a huge chance.
(7) FRONTIER TROUBLE has turned a corner and was a well rated winner last out. (6) ARTISTIC FLIGHT finally gets a better post and is very versatile; expect a good effort. (5) SMOKE RINGS gelding looks to have talent and is coming off a great effort just missing to the top choice.
(1) LC TIFFANY probably needed her last start in Michigan. Mare loves the track and has a couple of victories in open company. (8) OG'S MARIE D takes a drop in class and has been sharp in her last few. Mare is versatile and will probably float for position. (2) WEEKEND UPDATE is also dropping and has some back class to call upon.
(9) IAM BONASERA is on a roll having won four straight impressively. Gelding is saddled with the worst post but will be firing early. (8) AL'S HAMMERED won impressively last start coming off a scratch. 3yr old colt has a monster kick home and could use a fast pace up front. (3) BIG DADDY WOO WOO has an excellent post and is sharp. Gelding could be in line for a good trip.
(5) FIRSTCLASSALLTHWAY looks to have gotten a wakeup call in his last three starts. Gelding finds a field he can handle and just needs a smooth trip. (1a) UNCLE SMOOTHIE has only had 2 starts in six weeks and could be freshened up for a big mile. (2) MAJOR MALE should be forwardly placed and always gives a great effort.
(10) HOLDINGALLTHECARDS all this gelding does is win. He has the worst post but should leave for position; big late kick. (3) ELKHORN DAMIEN was excellent last start facing tougher. Now takes a drop in class and has a good post to work with; threat. (2) FIVEKNUCKLESHUFFLE has never missed the board in fifteen career starts. Gelding is making his third start of the year and should improve.
(5) BETTERLUVNEXTTIME is making her second start off the layoff and has made the most money in the field. (8) PRETTY PLACE finds a field she can beat and owns a class advantage on most of the field; will be firing late. (10) PHOBIC PRINCESS has the worst post but might have the most talent.
(7) BRUSH THIRTEEN gelding comes off a scratch but finds a very weak and inconsistent field. Watch the tote board early on, because he could be sitting on a big effort. (3) ILLINI JACK gets a good post and could be in line for a good trip. (4) LE-SIRENUSE goes from awesome one week to can't rate and empty the next; tough call.
- 1.Posted 12/11/2013 03:00PM
- 2.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/11/2013 03:32PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 07:22PM