- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Updated on 12/29/2012 1:01PM
Aqueduct, Charles Town, Penn National cancel Saturday cards
By DRF Staff
The New York Racing Association canceled its nine-race program at Aqueduct Racetrack on Saturday as a winter storm approached the New York city area Saturday morning. The storm was expected to bring snow and rain to a wide section of the Northeast, according to the National Weather Center. Aqueduct will be open for simulcast wagering on Saturday and is scheduled for live racing on Sunday.
* Charles Town canceled the last five races on its Friday evening card and called off its Saturday night program – the final live program scheduled for 2012. Live racing is tentatively scheduled to resume on Wednesday.
* Penn National canceled its Saturday night program - the third time this week the central Pennsylvania track has lost a live racing card due to bad weather. Penn National is scheduled to resume live racing on Thursday at 6 p.m. Eastern.
In Minnesota we only cancel for lighting
they should close aqueduct for the winter the morons who run the place always close the track when it snows. 1-3 inches is not a good reason to close.they close the track so much since that ripoff casino opened
At least the Big A is better than Hawthorne, talk about dumps, an chicago charges 6$ hr for parkin in town. At least u guys have decent trainers an great jockeys to play. quit ur complainind.
Seriously Russell, get your nose out of your rear and back to looking over the PPs. The Big A is a great place for racing in January and February and all of the other months as well. Are you sure about your statement that a top 3 year-old hasn't been stabled at Aqueduct since Prairie Bayou, even in very recent years? Think again and check again. The Big A is on the path to becoming a better-than-ever racing venue. Join us and enjoy! Don't be a loser, be a winner! Sniff out those winning tickets to cash, not your rear!
Want more reasons David, 1- The place is a filthy dump. If NYRA management sent a limo to my house I wouldn't go. 2- More pigeons and seagulls attend the races than human beings. 3- Rick Dutrow and his protege Rudy Rodriguez are leading trainers. 4- The place losses money EVERY year. 5- They race at only 2 distances, 6f or 1 1/16 miles. Its like harness racing except worse.
That is a silly reason to close a track for 2 months.
Just close Aqueduct for January and February. There hasn't been a top 3 year-old stabled at Aqueduct since Prairie Bayou over 20 years ago. And the only reason that happened was that they didn't think he was that good.
- 1.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 2.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 3.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 4.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM
- 5.Posted 12/08/2013 06:53PM