01/11/2011 4:33PM

Aqueduct cancels Wednesday card ahead of snowstorm


OZONE PARK, N.Y. - With a winter storm expected to dump as much as a foot of snow in the New York Metropolitan area, Wednesday’s nine-race card at Aqueduct has been canceled, New York Racing Association officials announced Tuesday afternoon.

Internet and telebet wagering will be available on out-of-state signals with NYRA electing to wait until Wednesday morning before deciding whether to open Aqueduct and the Belmont Café for simulcasting.

Live racing at Aqueduct is expected to resume on Thursday with a nine-race card beginning at 12:30 p.m.