11/26/2012 4:12PM

Aqueduct: Caixa Eletronica staying in New York for winter

Jessica Hansen/NYRA
Caixa Eletronica, winning the Fall Highweight on Thanksgiving, will be pointed to a defense of his Charles Town Classic win in the spring.

OZONE PARK, N.Y. - While the majority of trainer Todd Pletcher’s stakes winners are headed for the warm climes of south Florida this week, multiple graded stakes winner Caixa Eletronica was left behind as one of the anchors to the New York string.

Pletcher said Caixa Eletronica, winner of last Thursday’s Grade 3 Fall Highweight, would be pointed to the $1 million Charles Town Classic – a race he won this past spring – next April and have a few starts in the Northeast beforehand. One of those races could be in the General George at Laurel, typically run on Presidents Day.

Caixa Eletronica finished sixth in last year’s General George and emerged from the race with a lung infection.
Since Mike Repole claimed him for $62,500 on March 9, 2011, Caixa Eletronica has gone 7 for 20 and earned $1,336,500.

PeterG More than 1 year ago
If anybody cares, Jessica Pacheco won't be working at Gulfstream this year. I just read her Twitter account. That's too bad, I kind of like her. Wonder who's going to replace her. https://twitter.com/JessicaRPacheco
Stewart Wolinsky More than 1 year ago
"Stand in a stall in the winter, " kind of funny remark. So you think Caixa is upset that most of the rest of the stable goes to Florida for the winter and he has to stay up in the cold north?
Stewart Wolinsky More than 1 year ago
Have to love these people for keeping this horse active at his age. Don't see many very good "Graded" horses running like this one does, good for Repole and Todd.
willard soetero More than 1 year ago
I remember when his daddy spun off 8 or 9 in a row at the Big A a decade ago
Big Jeff More than 1 year ago
Who was that?
Rodney More than 1 year ago
Arromanches, Jeff. Thanks for polite reply.
Matt Bernier More than 1 year ago
Caixa Eletronica may be my favorite horse in training. The definition of an "old pro". Win or lose, you know he's going to go out and give you everything he's got. He may be a cut below the top handicap horses in the country, but his versatility makes up for that and is his best asset. Whether he's sprinting at Aqueduct in November or routing three turns at Charles Town in April, Caixa Eletronica dances every dance his connections put him in. Great racehorse.
Anita Carter More than 1 year ago
I agree that Caixa Eletronica needs a break. Turned out to be a horse. He has more than paid his way.
Ann Maree More than 1 year ago
I sure hope as much as this horse is run -- to date, I believe he has had 12 starts in 2012 and has earned over $1 million this year -- I hope they give him some turnout time and is not made to stand in a stall all winter!!!! Hand walking is not giving them a break. This horse has more than earned some time off.
Anita Carter More than 1 year ago