- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
August 17th, 2012 − Meadowlands
New Meadowlands Harness
- Buy Harness PPs
- Access Harness PPs
- Harness News
- Bargain buy Sombodythatiustono goes in New Jersey Sire Stakes final
- Gingras and Tetrick battle for driving title
- High purses with little regulation brings problems
- Sharp Horses and Track Trends, August 9-12, 2012
- Hambletonian: Market Share enables Toscano to become first woman to win trotting's top event
Want to bet on these races? Sign Up for DRF Bets >
|1||Trot NEW JERSEY SIRE STAKES - FINAL 2 Year Old Colts & Geldings||Fri.||08/17||7:01 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|2||Pace N/W $4,000 in Last 5 Starts Starters For a Purse of More Than $12,500 in Last Start Inel.||Fri.||08/17||7:21 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|3||Trot NEW JERSEY SIRE STAKES - FINAL 2 Year Old Fillies||Fri.||08/17||7:41 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|4||Trot MONI MAKER 3 Year Old Fillies||Fri.||08/17||8:01 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|5||Pace NEW JERSEY SIRE STAKES - FINAL 2 Year Old Fillies||Fri.||08/17||8:21 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|6||Pace NEW JERSEY SIRE STAKES - FINAL 2 Year Old Colts & Geldings||Fri.||08/17||8:41 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|7||Pace GOLDEN GIRLS Free For All Mares||Fri.||08/17||9:01 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|8||Pace N/W $11,250 in Last 5 Starts||Fri.||08/17||9:21 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|9||Pace N/W $6,500 in Last 5 Starts Starters For a Purse of $20,000 or More in Last Start Ineligible||Fri.||08/17||9:41 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|10||Pace WILLIAM R. HAUGHTON MEMORIAL - FINAL Free For All||Fri.||08/17||10:01 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|11||Pace MISS VERSATILITY Mares||Fri.||08/17||10:21 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|12||Pace N/W $4,000 in Last 5 Starts Starters For a Purse of More Than $12,500 in Last Start||Fri.||08/17||10:41 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
CHAMPIONSHIP MEET STATS: 139 - 409 / $712.00
Best Bet: MAVEN (4th) Spot Play: ALEXIE MATTOSIE (10th)
(4) CORKY looks best and tackles a short field; down the road. (6) DEADLIEST CATCH was a good second behind the top one last week and adds Campbell tonight. (3) KING MUSCLES has been fairly consistent this year.
(4) CR FIXED ASSET has the same form that most of these possess – bad. Veteran posted his last good effort with a top catch driver in the bike on 7-12-12. (3) HIT AWAY was Tetrick’s choice over the eight horses. He was used hard last time. (8) ALA CARTE BILL gets a more aggressive pilot.
(5) MISS STEELE finally gets a good post to work with tonight. She can get the minor upset. (3) WITH SUGAR is clearly fast enough if she minds her manners. (8) SHARED PAST looks like the one to beat but is far from a lock. (10) LADY DYNAMITE is undefeated and lured Pierce off a Takter horse.
(1) MAVEN ran into some bad luck on Hambo Day but should get the best of this group. (7) WIN MISSY B will be on the engine and is always capable of stealing a race. (6) UNCOMMON NIGHT tends to come late at a price. (5) VALDONNA seems to break when anyone but Takter drives; tough call.
(8) JERSEYLICIOUS is probably a risky play from the outside post, but I’m assuming the price will taking a shot. (1) AUTHORIZE keeps getting better each week; must use. (3) SOMBODYTHATIUSTONO is perfect in her career while displaying some guts along the way. (7) IDEAL GINNY is right there every week.
(2) ROCKIN AMADEUS was super last week albeit against lesser competition. Having drawn inside his main foes, I have to give this royally bred son of Rocknroll Hanover-Kikikatie the clear edge. (9) ROCKNMYJEANS improved while chasing the top one in his most recent race. This guy is one of trainer Tony Alagna’s top 2yos. (7) JOHNY ROCK comes off a nice mile. (10) WAKE UP PETER looked good last time and could be any kind of colt.
(5) PUT ON A SHOW worked out a great trip last time and seems to be in another good spot. If she leaves, she should be no worse than second and from off the pace a second over trip seems likely; lots of options. (8) REBEKA BAYAMA didn’t catch a break at the post draw but remains too sharp to ignore. (11) DROP THE BALL only needs a clean trip to be very dangerous. (2) ANNDROVETTE can take any field wire to wire on any given day.
(7) INTHEBLINKOFANEYE was Yannick’s choice over the rest of the field. This gelding looks like one of the few early speed types in the field. (4) BETTOR DESIGN drops down and has some decent excuses to fall back on. (1) REAL SPECIAL also gets some class relief; speed?
(1) DE VINS GIRL is too sharp to ignore; expect a brush. (8) WOODSTOCK HANOVER won his last start at this level. (3) EVENING JOB got Brennan’s pick over the rest of the field. I guess he is going on the trainer change angle. (2) HARRAHS BEST posted his first victory since 2010 and looked good doing it.
(4) ALEXIE MATTOSIE seems to be peaking at the right time. This guy won this race last year. (2) GOLDEN RECEIVER loves this track; must use. (5) ARACACHE HANOVER always seems to be uncovered. If he works out a trip, watch out! (8) WE WILL SEE is hard to toss but is stuck outside.
(1) UNEFOISDANSMAVIE improved by leaps and bounds in her second start for trainer Ron Burke. She has a big shot in here. (2) PANTHOLOPS trots home willingly each week. (3) CEDAR DOVE is probably best but might be handled conservatively with only $40k on the line.
Pierce chose (6) MEGA LIGHTNING over the rest of the field and I am in agreement. This gelding finally displayed some life last week and might have turned a corner. (2) STORMIN RUSTLER drops and adds Brennan. (3) LEMON DROP HALL seems fine if you can look past the recent break.