- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
July 13th, 2013 − Meadowlands Racetrack
- Meadowlands Pace: True Metro rematch on Saturday
- Meadowlands: Laterza barn's Hill I Am a solid favorite in NJ Sire Stakes final
- Meadowlands: Golden Receiver primed for Haughton Memorial upset
- Meadowlands: Perfect record on the line for Bee A Magician in Del Miller
- Meadowlands: Sweet Lou, Foiled Again headline strong fields in Haughton eliminations
Want to bet on these races? Sign Up for DRF Bets >
|1||A-1/FFA Handicap Horses & Geldings||Sat.||07/13||7:15 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|2||NEW JERSEY SIRE STAKES - FINAL 2 Year Old Fillies||Sat.||07/13||7:38 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|3||NEW JERSEY SIRE STAKES - FINAL 2 Year Old Colts & Geldings||Sat.||07/13||7:59 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|4||NEW JERSEY SIRE STAKES - FINAL 2 Year Old Colts & Geldings||Sat.||07/13||8:20 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|5||DEL MILLER MEMORIAL 3 Year Old Fillies||Sat.||07/13||8:41 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|6||NEW JERSEY SIRE STAKES - FINAL 2 Year Old Fillies||Sat.||07/13||9:02 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|7||B-2/B-1 Handicap Horses & Geldings||Sat.||07/13||9:24 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|8||STANLEY DANCER MEMORIAL 3 Year Old Open||Sat.||07/13||9:47 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|9||WILLIAM R. HAUGHTON MEMORIAL - FINAL||Sat.||07/13||10:11 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|10||MEADOWLANDS PACE - FINAL 3 Year Old Open||Sat.||07/13||10:36 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|11||MISTLETOE SHALEE - FINAL 3 Year Old Fillies||Sat.||07/13||11:01 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|12||C-1 Horses & Geldings||Sat.||07/13||11:21 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|13||3 & 4 Year Olds N/W 3 Extended PM Races or $32,500 Lifetime New Jersey Sired or Owned||Sat.||07/13||11:39 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|14||3 & 4 Year Olds N/W 2 Extended PM Races or $22,000 Lifetime||Sat.||07/13||11:55 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
Race 1 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Five Pool
Race 3 - $30,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Race 7 - $100,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
MEET STATS: 88 - 262 / $393.90 BEST BETS: 12 - 20 / $36.80
Best Bet: WESTERN VINTAGE (4th)
Spot Play: SMILIN ELI (8th)
(2) DYNAMIC YOUTH has been up against it facing the best pacers in the nation lately. There are a few good horses signed on to this race, but his speed and good post give him the edge. (7) ABELARD HANOVER has been cruising down the road each week regardless of the competition; very dangerous. (3) OUR LUCKY CHIP had no shot last week. This looks like a decent spot where he should show more.
(2) PACIFIC WINDS K has shown clear ability in her two non-betting races. I’ll give her the narrow edge over (7) DANCING FOR MONEY, who finished up willingly against the top one last time. (8) CEE BEE YES looked very good winning her debut. The outside post and slightly tougher competition are the only issues.
(2) HILL I AM has been a model for what you want in a 2-year-old making his first career starts. It is hard not to like him in this spot, but these others could step up at any time. (9) WELL BUILT was a solid second behind the top choice last time. He was my longshot pick for second in this race, but now that Sears is signed on the price will disappear. (3) SUMATRA showed speed at both ends of his mile last week; clear player. (7) SOUTHWIND SPIRIT will offer a much better price than the .40 cents-on-the-dollar he went off at in his first two starts.
(2) WESTERN VINTAGE has been super in his two career trips to the track. (1) BEAT THE DRUM has shown enough in his two trips to the track to make me think he can sneak into the exacta at a price. (8) SWEET ROCK has flashed good early speed but not the winning instinct in the late stages. (6) IN THE CLEAR cruised last time. He’ll need to go faster this week.
(5) FRAU BLUCHER will be the overlooked unbeaten filly in the Del Miller final. She has done everything that has been asked of her in 2013 and will be a much better price than (1) BEE A MAGICIAN, who has yet to lose in six starts sophomore starts and gets Sears in the bike this week. (3) MA CHERE HALL has shown great maturity and ability since returning to the races this year. She could clearly upset.
(10) ROCKINGCAM PARK was super in her career debut and pounced off cover nicely last week. Post 10 is clearly an issue, but I/m hoping the price will make her a worthwhile play. (1) IDEAL HELEN could have won last time but wasn’t bad in defeat. She is probably the favorite from the inside. (3) MY LADY DAY improved time-wise in her second career start and could take another step forward tonight. (8) BOLT OF THUNDER has shown enough to warrant inclusion on at least a few tickets.
(4) ALL SPEED HANOVER shipped to Mohawk and back over the last month and that can take a bit out of a horse. He was locked in last time and never got a real chance to stretch his legs. Let’s look for more from him tonight. (7) EMERITUS MAXIMUS faces older horses this week but may be getting a class break. Any time you get away from Captaintreacherous it is a good thing. (9) PANESTHETIC drops down after getting used up in a 53 2/5 half. (2) BREAKIN THE LAW is sharp now for trainer Ron Burke.
(7) SMILIN ELI came out of the Beal at Pocono sick and certainly deserves a bye for that effort. He has proven fast off the gate and should take charge in this bulky field. (9) ROYALTY FOR LIFE is as fast a 3-year-old trotter as there is this year, but he has yet to stay trotting in a pari-mutuel race. (4) FICO has some early speed and could sit close at a good price. (8) YOUR SO VAIN chased Detour Hanover and gobbled him up in the stretch in his sophomore debut. I wouldn’t be afraid to use this Donato Hanover-sired colt.
(3) SWEET LOU put in a game effort for the victory last week. This looks like the perfect spot for him to track (2) WARRAWEE NEEDY and edge past in the lane. The latter equaled a world record mile last week and is clearly the one to beat now. That said, he’ll be the favorite in a field full of millionaires that could easily beat him. (9) PET ROCK figures to float away from the gate in this spot and while he might be parked, he should pick up some live cover along the way. (5) GOLDEN RECEIVER came up with a huge mile out of nowhere last week. He loves this track.
(5) CAPTAINTREACHEROUS has a knack for finding the winner’s circle first. That is one characteristic you really can’t teach. He has done everything right this year and finds himself in a relatively easy spot considering this is the Meadowlands Pace. (1) ODDS ON EQUULEUS gave notice that he is feeling good with a second place finish in the elimination. He is really the only one I fear in the top spot. (3) RESISTANCE FUTILE closed well last week and has done very well at the Meadowlands. Trainer Blair Burgess rarely brings a horse down from Canada for this race unless they have a shot. (2) SUNSHINE BEACH has won consecutive starts and looks good in the Pace elimination, but things won’t be that easy for him this time. (10) ROCKIN AMADEUS was a bit better last week and could be getting close to his top form. (9) WAKE UP PETER has yet to step up against the big boys; post hurts. (4) TWILIGHT BONFIRE shocked everyone while finishing second at 96-1 in the North America Cup. He deserves inclusion underneath on your tickets.
(2) I LUV THE NITELIFE has been awesome winning the Lynch and Fan Hanover. While there are some talented girls in this group, it is hard to pick against her. (1) NOVASCOTIA HANOVER chased Wake Up Peter around in a qualifier and didn’t miss a beat while gaining late. This big money purchase has a chance to make some noise at a price. (3) SHEBESTINGIN has yet to finish worst than second this year and is a clear win candidate. (4) JERSEYLICIOUS has some proving to do against this bunch; exotics must.
(4) MIGHTY YOUNG JOE has proven himself at this level and always offers a price. (3) LONG LIVE ROCK went an interesting trip last time. With a smoother journey he could be a big player. (6) MR MASSIMO couldn’t sustain his rally in his first start since October; eligible to show more.
(8) SIR RICHARD Z TAM has been ambitiously placed this year with little success. Now he drops to a non-winners of 3/4 race and should make his presence felt. (10) TRACK MASTER D exits Sire Stakes race. He raced well in his last appearance at this level. (3) STALLONE BLUE CHIP kicked home nicely last time and seems to be moving in the right direction.
(6) SOMEPLACE SPECIAL is another exiting the Meadowlands Pace elimination. He didn’t belong in that race but should take charge against this group. (8) TALKING BLUES tried this level last week and finished up nicely; using. (5) AIRBURST HANOVER & (9) SHARK TREASURE look like the other players in this field.