- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Reports
- StorePast Performances
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- See all Pricing/Plans
July 14th, 2012 − Meadowlands Racetrack
Want to bet on these races? Sign Up for DRF Bets >
|1||3YO N/W 2 Extended PM Races or $16k Lifetime||Sat.||07/14||6:35 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|2||STANLEY DANCER MEMORIAL 3YO Open||Sat.||07/14||6:54 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|3||N/W $10k in Last 5 Starts; N/W 4 Ext PM Races or $60k Lifetime; 3YO OC Price $30k||Sat.||07/14||7:14 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|4||MEADOWLANDS PACE - CONSOLATION 3YO Open||Sat.||07/14||7:35 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|5||MISTLETOE SHALEE - FINAL 3YO Fillies||Sat.||07/14||7:57 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|6||Invitational||Sat.||07/14||8:19 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|7||N/W $10k in Last 5; N/W 4 Ext PM Races or $60k Lifetime; 3YO OC Price $30k||Sat.||07/14||8:40 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|8||N/W $6,500 in Last 5; Starters For a Purse of $20k or More in Last Start Ineligible||Sat.||07/14||9:02 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|9||STANLEY DANCER MEMORIAL 3YO Open||Sat.||07/14||9:24 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|10||3&4 YO N/W 3 Ex PM Races or $40k Lifetime OC Price $30k||Sat.||07/14||9:48 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|11||MEADOWLANDS PACE - FINAL 3YO Open||Sat.||07/14||10:15 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|12||DEL MILLER MEMORIAL TROT 3YO Fillies||Sat.||07/14||10:45 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|13||Claiming Handicap $15k - $20k Post Positions Drawn to Base Price||Sat.||07/14||11:05 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
CHAMPIONSHIP MEET STATS: 88 - 248 / $470.50
Best Bet: MAJOR LOOK (5th) Spot Play: HURRIKANE KINGCOLE (4th)
(2) HOT ART picked up a new pilot in his Meadowlands debut and perked up. Now he switches to hotter hands. (1) SAVANNAH SPLENDOR has displayed the speed to go with these but has been having trouble on half-mile tracks. Only question remains why Tetrick chose off a Schnittker trainee. (10) EIGHT TEM EOM has early speed and Sears is likely to use it.
(7) BANKER VOLO is perfect in four career starts, and he has improved each time. Tonight is his first acid test versus top competition. I’m not sure how he works out a trip, but I’ll take a shot. (2) UNCLE PETER is clearly the one to beat and possibly the Hambletonian favorite. (4) APPOMATTOX has been okay so far but could be eligible for more.
(3) BRAVE ALEX SEMALU has won a bunch of money up in Canada and gets to drop despite coming off a good effort. Interesting that Pierce took off (2) INTHEBLINKOFANEYE, who was a strong winner last week. (6) RILEYS LUCK was okay in his first two starts for Burke, and this barn usually improves them over time. I give him a chance because there is not much early speed in here. (10) WESTERN TRADEMARK rarely performs poorly at this level.
(2) HURRIKANE KINGCOLE was handled conservatively last week and simply didn’t have enough to pace past some of the best in the business. In this short field a brush and crush is likely. (3) MEL MARA figures to find speed in this spot and get a big piece. (1) BETTORS EDGE only finished a half-length behind the top one last week but will be much higher on the odds board.
(2) MAJOR LOOK had no chance last time from post 8. Now we get a trainer and driver switch. She is good enough to step up and beat (7) AMERICAN JEWEL, who has posted three straight sub-1:50 miles but has to tail off at some point. Right? (5) BETTOR B LUCKY paid immediate dividends upon switching to the Burke barn. We’ll get to see what she’s got tonight. (8) PIROUETTE HANOVER is back on her home turf following a strong qualifier; using.
(4) GOLDEN RECEIVER loves this place and seems to find the extra 1/16 of energy he needs when at the Meadowlands. I’m not sure why Sears chose off, but I’m going to stick with this gelding. (6) WE WILL SEE is certainly the one to beat. With only $50k on the line, will Pierce be conservative? (1) RAZZLE DAZZLE is the horse that lured Sears. He is capable on his best day. (3) A J CORBELLI comes off a toss-out mile.
I have to admit that I don’t like any horse in this race. A few of these are coming off of wins versus lesser and a bunch of others have proven capable of stepping up when they feel like it. Basically, you are on your own. But, here are my top selections for the record: (2) MEGA LIGHTNING, (4) MCELODIAN, (9) PACINELLO & (3) BOLERO ANDREW.
(3) SOUTHWESTERN DREAM has been progressing nicely in his last two and outdraws his main rivals. He almost wired the field last week and that track wasn’t exactly speed-favoring. (8) ART FOR ARTS SAKE comes off a pretty good mile and keeps Tetrick. (9) WINDFALL BLUE CHIP & (10) VEAL MARSALA are both poorly drawn but capable given a smooth trip.
(5) POSSESS THE WILL posted a solid 2012 debut last week and should show more to build a foundation before the Hambletonian eliminations in two weeks. (7) GOOGOO GAAGAA was a world beater before jumping it off in the same spot during his 4-turn adventure at Yonkers. He remains a must use on every ticket. (8) ONE IN A MILLION showed a new dimension by leaving this week. Son of Donato Hanover seems to be on the upswing.
(5) MAJOR BOMBAY gets a major and much needed class reprieve this week. I would be surprised if he didn’t bring a big effort. (4) BRENT MONTANA has been chasing some good ones lately. He has a big shot of winning here. (1) SCREEN THE CALL raced well despite post 10 last week. If you use my top three in your $100k Pick Four, I’d expect you’ll be alive.
(6) SIMPLY BUSINESS could be peaking at the right time. All along trainer Jimmy Takter has been aiming for this race and his elimination effort was a bit better. Let’s look for an equipment change or two in the final and a chance to score at a nice price. (5) BOLT THE DUER was raging with pace behind horses in his elimination. That may lead to an underlay price on Saturday, but I’m still using him. (4) SWEET LOU is impossible to leave off your tickets. That said, I have a hard time backing the favorite in a race which I view as wide-open. Plus, I was left with the feeling that Palone was disappointed with the colt’s elimination effort. (1) A ROCKNROLL DANCE is certainly sharp and you have to think Gingras will be firing from the cones. (2) PET ROCK might be the key to the race. I don’t think we have seen Sears let this guy loose yet. Will he tonight? (7) THINKING OUT LOUD won the North America Cup. That shows you how deep this field is. (3) HESTON BLUE CHIP is undefeated and 16 for 18 lifetime. How do you fault that record?
(7) SUPERSTAR HANOVER finally gets the switch to Pierce that we wait for on many of these young Takter trainees. This lady has speed and the ability to post a fast mile. I’ll roll the dice that she can surprise (6) CHECK ME OUT, who had her own way in the 3-horse Hudson Filly at Yonkers. Her stablemate sat the pocket and never even tried to take her on while well within herself. I have to admit that Check Me Out will likely win, but I would stop short at saying she was a lock. (1) PERSONAL STYLE has never shown early speed. Can she brush into the early speed of (5) WIN MISSY B?
(1) DA VISION OF ART moves into the Coleman barn and is eligible to improve. (10) TOO MUCH PEPPER scored impressively at a nice price last week and could be overlooked from post 10. (2) ARTS JIMMY RAY is another coming off a good win.