- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Reports
- StorePast Performances
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- See all Pricing/Plans
August 4th, 2012 − Meadowlands
Want to bet on these races? Sign Up for DRF Bets >
|1||Trot - DUENNA 3YO Fillies||Sat.||08/04||12:00 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|2||Pace - LADY LIBERTY - FINAL Mares Free For All||Sat.||08/04||12:22 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|3||Trot - DUENNA 3YO Fillies||Sat.||08/04||12:46 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|4||Pace - THOMAS D 'ALTRUI SBOA MISS NEW JERSEY - FINAL 3YO N.J. Sired Fillies||Sat.||08/04||1:10 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|5||Pace - SWEETHEART - FINAL 2YO Fillies||Sat.||08/04||1:34 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|6||Pace - WOODROW WILSON - FINAL 2YO Open||Sat.||08/04||1:59 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|7||Trot - MERRIE ANNABELLE - FINAL 2YO Fillies||Sat.||08/04||2:23 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|8||Trot - PETER HAUGHTON MEMORIAL - FINAL 2YO Colts & Geldings||Sat.||08/04||2:48 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|9||Trot - VINCENNES Invitational||Sat.||08/04||3:13 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|10||Trot - NAT RAY InvitationalArticle:Harness Racing: Chapter Seven, Mister Herbie ready for rematch in Nat Ray||Sat.||08/04||3:43 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|11||Trot - $714,050 HAMBLETONIAN OAKS||Sat.||08/04||4:13 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|12||Trot - $1,500,000 HAMBLETONIANArticle:Hambletonian: Uncle Peter chooses rail for $1.5 million finalArticle:Hambletonian: Prestidigitator could spring surpriseArticle:Hambletonian: Uncle Peter's multiple gears make him the horse to beat in ...||Sat.||08/04||4:42 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|13||Pace - US PACING CHAMPIONSHIP Free For AllArticle:Harness racing: Golden Receiver tops U.S. Pacing Championship||Sat.||08/04||5:13 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|14||Pace - ANTHONY ABBATIELLO SBOA NEW JERSEY CLASSIC - FINAL 3YO New Jersey Sired Open||Sat.||08/04||5:36 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
|15||Pace - N/W $16k in Last 5 Starts AE: N/W $135k in 2011-12 That Have Won in Last Start to Draw Outside Op Clm Price $50k||Sat.||08/04||5:58 PM ET||Get PPsBet Now|
CHAMPIONSHIP MEET STATS: 120 - 348 / $621.20
Best Bet: CHECK ME OUT (11th) Spot Play: DELAWARE HANOVER (6th)
(3) WHIMZICAL BRITT has been solid since entering the Raymer barn and reunites with Sears. (1) ON THE BRIGHT SIDE seems to be in the perfect spot from the rail. She is as fast as any in here. (10) OASIS DREAM has been first or second in 9 of her 14 starts. Filly has the early speed to overcome the bad draw. (8) RIVERFEST is capable on her best.
I got this race down to four mares and I simply could not decide. So, I’ll let the tote board do the work and take the longest price of the group. (6) ROCKLAMATION surprised in the Matchmaker final at Yonkers earlier this year and could be well positioned for another upset. She has speed to work out a trip and has a big money driver in the bike. (4) DROP THE BALL is usually my go-to mare in this division. I’ll be using her on almost every ticket. (1) ANNDROVETTE is hard to fault but I’m taking a stand against her. (5) PUT ON A SHOW is the one I wanted to pick on top, but at these upper levels it is so hard to pass multiple horses.
I’m convinced that (7) VALDONNA is the fastest filly in this group. I have my fingers crossed that she will stay trotting. At least she has never made a break when Takter has driven her this year. (9) BLUFF didn’t show immediate improvement when moved from the Smedshammer to the Burke barn, but sometimes it takes this stable a start or two to get a horse on their program. (2) SANDRA VOLO has early zip and a definite chance.
(2) SARANDON BLUE CHIP finally took a step in the right direction, and by right direction I mean she didn’t break. We know she is probably the fastest in here when on her game and last week’s effort hints at a possible return to form. (4) ROCKAROUND SUE wired these last week but that was in a race where nearly every filly was making the final. She will have a tougher time today. (10) PIROUETTE HANOVER is a huge question mark but merits respect on her overall body of work.
(4) CULT STATUS has looked pretty good in her initial trips to the track and only missed by a length to today’s clear favorite. I’ll take the price and hope for a bit of improvement. (2) NIKKI BEACH is undefeated and deserves plenty of attention. She is a must on most tickets. (9) ODDS ON ALPHA rolled on the engine to prepare for this race. Somebeachsomewhere-sired filly clearly has talent and should be considered. (5) UF DRAGONS QUEEN was left with too much to do last week. She has a nice mid-pack post today.
(7) DELAWARE HANOVER is my longshot special. The Dragon Again colt has improved in each of his pari-mutuel starts and comes from a family of solid earners. I also like his versatility and the healthy price. (5) CAPTAINTREACHEROUS is the one everyone will be keying in on. In five career races (including qualifiers) he has paced home the final quarter better than 27 seconds each time. (9) SOURCE OF PRIDE is a full brother to star filly American Jewel. This guy clearly has talent but will have to overcome the outside post. (2) MARTINI HANOVER has been second in both career starts; hard to fault.
(4) TO DREAM ON appears to be a step or two faster than this group right now. They may catch up to her at some point, but it might not be on Saturday. (10) MISS STEELE has put in an honest effort in each of her starts and could provide decent value from the outside post. It is rare when I’ll reorder my graded selection because of a driver change, but clearly (8) ROYAL ASSETS could benefit from the switch to Tetrick. This filly has a ton of early speed. (3) RARING TO GO S raced well in her elimination. (2) LADY RIVIERA seems like a logical exotics player.
I made up my mind after the eliminations that I would be on the (9) CAVEAT EMPTOR bandwagon this week. The outside post doesn’t thrill me, but I think there is more talent here than we have seen thus far. (3) CORKY has been very consistent. An early speed horse against 2-year-old trotters is always a dangerous commodity. (1) MISS ATHENS has been on a roll but seems unlikely to get away with easy fractions. (2) DEWYCOLORINTHELINE added Tetrick and posted a nice score.
(8) LIKEABATOUTAHELL closed with strong strides last week. He may be 9, but perhaps there is one more big mile in him. (1) DON’T KNOW CHIP finds a spot that looks easier than last week’s invitational. (3) ZOOMING is always capable of stepping up with a big mile. (10) SWAN IN A MILLION has brought his best every week this year; worth using.
(4) CHAPTER SEVEN suffered a narrow defeat in the Maple Leaf but returns to his home turf now. With good weather conditions, he could hook up with (5) MISTER HERBIE, who beat him at Mohawk, and post a world record mile. (2) HOT SHOT BLUE CHIP seems to tag along for a check more often than not. (6) ANDERS BLUESTONE is certainly sharp. Sometimes a sharp horse can go a career mile when surrounded by more talented horses.
I don’t see this as much of a match race. To me (2) CHECK ME OUT is clearly the best 3yo trotting filly and should prove it. How fast will she go today? (4) PERSONAL STYLE was racing well before last week. I’m guessing she didn’t like the wet track. (3) MAVEN will be the clear second choice behind Check Me Out. She obviously has a huge shot. (7) WIN MISSY B is winging on the engine ever week. Can Sears get away soft on the front?
Only a few in here would surprise me if they were able to win. I’m throwing my weight behind (4) ARCHANGEL. The Yonkers Trot winner really showed me something when he was parked for about three-eighths and held for second in a strong mile. That was his acclimating mile over the track. I love his versatility and would not be surprised to see driver Jim Morrill Jr. float away and then decide on racing tactics. (1) UNCLE PETER deserves to be the favorite. He is the only entrant that might be able to go first over and win this rich final. I don’t think we have seen his best but I also think this race will come down to the trip. It is hard to bet a favorite in a field with this much talent. (6) PRESTIDIGITATOR was hung out wide on both turns and still trotted home willingly. He was coming off a break in his previous start and may have been nursed along a bit. Maybe we see a different dimension from him on Saturday. (3) KNOWS NOTHING finished fast in his elimination. If he is sitting second over, I would fear him. (5) MY MVP was certainly closing fast last time. If they mix it up, he has a shot.
It is hard to say what will happen in this oversized field. (4) ARACACHE HANOVER posted a career best 1:48 1/5 mile the last time George Brennan was in the bike. Brennan set the fastest ever mile here (1:46 4/5) on Hambo Day with Holborn Hanover in 2006. (11) HYPNOTIC BLUE CHIP put himself on the map with a win in this race in 2010. He should get away nicely from the second tier behind Golden Receiver. (12) FOILED AGAIN is simply a warhorse. You rarely get a bad effort from him, though this is the time in the year when he has tailed off a bit. (8) WE WILL SEE has a nose for the wire. I just can’t bet the likely favorite in a field of this size. (1) GOLDEN RECEIVER has done his best work here.
I can see some people forgetting about (1) TIME TO ROLL and jumping on the (5) HURRIKANE KINGCOLE express. TTR got the job done in his elimination last week and the track was certainly much slower at that point in the evening than it was when HKC raced. HKC has a huge brush and may be the fastest in here. This field is bulkier and a bit tougher than last week’s bunch. (6) PANTHER HANOVER looked great in Canada and looked very good finishing second behind HKC.
(2) ALEXIE MATTOSIE came off the bench and spent the entire mile on the rim. This guy is plenty fast and should be ready now. (10) MALAK USWAAD N is one talented import. He just keeps rolling along. Can he close from last? Will Tetrick leave? (8) PANESTHETIC comes off a big mile at Tioga and is a must use. (1) GREAT VINTAGE is on his game now.
$1.5 Million Hambletonian - Race 12 - Post 4:42 p.m.
|POST||HORSE||LISTED DRIVER||MORNING LINE|
|1||UNCLE PETER||R. PIERCE||5-2|
|2||MARKET SHARE||T. TETRICK||4-1|
|3||KNOWS NOTHING||J. JAMIESON||7-2|
|5||MY MVP||M. LACHANCE||15-1|
|8||STORMIN NORMAND||D. PALONE||15-1|
|9||MONEY ON MY MIND||A. MILLER||15-1|
|10||GYM TAN LAUNDRY||G. BRENNAN||30-1|
$714,050 Hambletonian Oaks - Race 11 - Post 4:13 p.m.
|POST||HORSE||LISTED DRIVER||MORNING LINE|
|1||SUPERSTAR HANOVER||J. TAKTER||15-1|
|2||CHECK ME OUT||T. TETRICK||4-5|
|4||PERSONAL STYLE||D. MILLER||12-1|
|5||UNCOMMON NIGHT||G. BRENNAN||15-1|
|6||REAL BABE||R. SCHNITTKER||20-1|
|7||WIN MISSY B||B. SEARS||8-1|
|8||DREAM ON HANOVER||G. BRENNAN||30-1|
|9||HOLIER THAN THOU||R. PIERCE||20-1|
|10||SASSY SYRINX||J. MORRILL JR.||30-1|