- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsThoroughbred Past Performances
ReportsPremium NewsDigital PapersHorsemen's Products
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Equibase PPs
- TrackMaster PPs
- Using Timeform Ratings
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- Learn to Play
- History of Horseracing
- How to read PPs
- How to use EasyForm
- How to use Formulator
- How to use TicketMaker
- Beyer Speed Figures
- Moss Pace Figures
- Using Race Shape Symbols
- Using Timeform Ratings
- BreezeFigs Handicapping
- Wagering and Winning
- Harness Night School
- Point of Call Index
- 3-Year Best Time Chart
- DRF TV
- StorePast Performances
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Expanded Closer Looks
- Equibase & Trackmaster PPs - Thoroughbred
2011 Eclipse Awards Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD. The 41st Annual Eclipse Award Fan Vote Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 12:01 P.M. ET December 15, 2011 and ends 3:00 P.M. ET January 3, 2012 ("Sweepstakes Entry Period").
2. ELIGIBILITY. This Sweepstakes is only offered to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 21 years or older as of December 15, 2011. Employees, officers, and directors (and their immediate families [parents, children, spouses and siblings] regardless of where they live and members of their same households [whether related or not]) of Daily Racing Form LLC, National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Breeders’ Cup Ltd, or their parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies; members of the National Turf Writers and Broadcasters Association, and all other official 2011 Eclipse Award voters (and their immediate families [parents, children, spouses and siblings] regardless of where they live and members of their same households [whether related or not]); and entities engaged in the development, distribution, implementation or administration of the Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. These are the Official Rules. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable Federal and State laws and are subject to change without notice in order to comply with them.
3. HOW TO ENTER. Visit www.drf.com/eclipse to fully complete and submit the online entry form including (a) email address and (b) fan vote for 2011 Horse of the Year to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Entrants may also provide optional fan votes in any or all other 2011 Eclipse Award categories, but those optional votes will not enable entry into the Sweepstakes. Submission of entry will also include consent to receive, at minimum, one edition of the DRF “Morning Line” daily email from DRF.com delivered to the submitted email address. Limit one (1) entry per person or valid email address. Additional entries received from any one person or email address during the Sweepstakes Entry Period will be void. The name of the “authorized account holder” associated with any given email address will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, an online service provider, or another organization responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Proof (to Sponsor's satisfaction) of being the authorized account holder may be required by Sponsor. Use of automated devices is not valid for entry. No mechanical reproductions permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undelivered, damaged, incomplete, postage due or illegible entries. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Winner will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. The random drawing will take place on or about January 4, 2012 (the "Drawing Date"). Any potential winner will be contacted by phone and/or email. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within 24 hours from the time the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her, and/or the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Sweepstakes or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTION. There will be one (1) winner. The winner will receive a 4-day/3-night trip for two (2) people to attend the 41st Annual Eclipse Awards on Monday, January 16, 2012 in Beverly Hills, CA. The trip will consist of the following: (a) round-trip coach airfare for two (2) people departing on Saturday, January 14, 2012 from, and returning on Tuesday, January 17, 2012 to, the major airport nearest the winner’s residence (as determined by Sponsor) to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) in Los Angeles, CA; (b) three nights standard hotel accommodations (double occupancy, including room/tax only) at a hotel selected by Sponsor; (c) box seat tickets for both winner and guest at Santa Anita Park on Sunday, January 15, 2012 , (d) tickets for both winner and guest to the Eclipse Awards dinner and presentation on Monday, January 16, 2012 at the Four Seasons Beverly Wilshire (e) $250 local ground transportation allowance; (f) VIP experience at Santa Anita Park (including visit to backside and paddock, handicapping seminar with DRF staff). Prize is not transferable. THE WINNER MUST TRAVEL ON THE SPECIFIED DATES OR THE TRIP AND ALL ASPECTS OF THE PRIZE WILL BE FORFEITED IN ITS ENTIRETY. The total approximate retail value of prize is $3000 USD, and may vary based upon the point of departure and fluctuations in airfare.
If the winner lives within 200 miles of Beverly Hills, CA, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute ground transportation for airfare, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to change travel dates and to substitute any or all portions of the prize for a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value should they become unavailable or impractical for any reason.
Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel and route selection in its sole discretion. The winner shall be solely responsible for all fees or costs associated with the prize, including but not limited to any ground transportation (except as expressly stated above), meals (except as expressly stated above), tax, gratuities, personal expenses and any other expenses not expressly specified herein. The winner shall solely be responsible for obtaining any travel documents that may be required.
6. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS. Potential winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability along with a Publicity and Travel Release (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”) within seven (7) days of notification. If a winner fails or refuses to sign and return the Prize Claim Documents within seven (7) days of prize notification, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries. Winner and his or her respective guest must travel together. Guest of a winner must be over the age of 21 (unless winner is the parent or legal guardian of the guest), and must execute and return to Sponsor prior to ticketing a Release of Liability Form and a Publicity and Travel Release.
7. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner's sole responsibility.
8. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning this Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries received.
9. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
10. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Sweepstakes each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, Administrator, and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "Sponsor Entities"), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Sweepstakes, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, "Claims"). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; and (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release. Affidavits and releases must be returned within seven (7) days from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner.
11. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, stolen, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of computer or electronic malfunction, will not be eligible. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor and Administrator, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process. (iii) Sponsor and Administrator further reserve the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of completion as planned, including postal or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. (v) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
12. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York, New York. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
13. WINNER LIST. For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, within six (6) months of the Drawing Date, to: Winner List – Eclipse Award Fan Vote Sweepstakes, 708 Third Avenue, 12th floor, New York, NY 10017.
14. SPONSORSHIP. This Promotion is sponsored by Daily Racing Form, LLC, 708 Third Avenue, 12th floor, New York, NY 10017 (individually and collectively, the "Sponsor").
15. ADMINISTRATION. This Promotion is administrated by National Thoroughbred Racing Association, 2525 Harrodsburg Road, 4th floor, Lexington KY 40504 (individually and collectively, the "Administrator").