- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsThoroughbred Past Performances
ReportsPremium NewsDigital PapersHorsemen's Products
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Equibase PPs
- TrackMaster PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- DRF TV
- StorePast Performances
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Expanded Closer Looks
- Equibase & Trackmaster PPs - Thoroughbred
Work All Week wins again!
*Please join the FormBlog Breeders' Cup Fantasy Handicapping league!
Head on over to www.fantasycapping.com/illman to create your account. The password for our league is DRF123.
All of the rules are available on the league website. Looking forward to playing with, and against, all of you.
*Undefeated from eight starts on dirt, WORK ALL WEEK should be considered one of the better sprinters in the country. A 5-year-old gelded son of City Zip, Work All Week boasts a record or 12-10-1-0, has prevailed in seven straight races, and took the measure of the classy Delaunay in last Friday's $125,000 Iowa Sprint Handicap over a muddy track at Prairie Meadows.
A Midwest Thoroughbreds homebred trained by Roger Brueggemann, Work All Week broke from post position three in the six-horse Iowa Sprint. He immediately grabbed his usual position on the early lead, carved out fractions of 21.92 and 43.99, faced a stiff challenge from Delaunay and simply wouldn't be denied in the stretch.
Work All Week completed the distance in 1:08.16, a time good enough for a career-best 103 Beyer Speed Figure. Delaunay, a 16-time winner with a Grade 2 tally under his girth, finished a half-length back and went over a million dollars in career earnings. Grade 3 winner MICO MARGARITA, and multiple stakes-winners APPREHENDER and ALSVID never threatened the top two.
Work All Week is out of Danzig Matilda, a Repriced mare that finished a well-beaten third in the $41,500 Valdale Stakes going a mile on dirt at Turfway Park. The third dam was multiple stakes-placed at Latonia.
Work All Week failed in his career debut, a two-turn turf route at Hawthorne on November 11, 2012. Since then, he has been virtually unstoppable. He won his first three starts at three with Beyers of 85, 101, and 101 and showed his affinity for polytrack at Arlington on May 11, 2013 with a 5 1/4-length romp against entry-level allowance competition.
After being denied by a dirty nose in the $84,000 Addison Cammack Handicap over the Arlington polytrack, Work All Week began his current winning streak. During that span, he has succeeded at Arlington, Indiana, Fairmount, Hawthorne, Oaklawn and Prairie Meadows.
Is Saratoga next? It would be interesting to see how Work All Week would fare in races like the Grade 1 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap on August 2, but the connections have, thus far, stuck to more modest ambitions. Let's put him on the old Watch list and see where he turns up.
*Pardon me if I'm not convinced that MAJESTIC HARBOR is ready to take his place as one of the top handicap horses in the country. Sure, he received a whopping 111 Beyer when smacking GAME ON DUDE and company in last Saturday's Gold Cup at Santa Anita, but he took advantage of a picture-perfect pace scenario.
FURY KAPCORI was intent on the lead at all costs, even though it cost him the race. Game On Dude chased the hot fractions and he's never been as good when taken out of his game - his front-running game - early.
Majestic Harbor made a good four-wide bid to take over late on the final turn, but I didn't like how he hopped back to his left lead in the stretch and nobody else ran. I'll need to see that race again.
Here are the top 25 WINNING Beyer Speed Figures from 6/23/14 - 6/29/14:
1. MAJESTIC HARBOR - 111 - Gold Cup at Santa Anita Stakes (G1) - 1 1/4 Miles - Santa Anita
2. WORK ALL WEEK - 103 - Iowa Sprint Handicap - 6 Furlongs - Prairie Meadows
3. BIG BUSINESS - 102 - OC 80k/N3X -N - 1 Mile - Belmont
3. TIZ MIDNIGHT - 102 - Md Sp Wt 56k - 1 1/16 Miles - Santa Anita
5. YARD LINE - 101 - Md Sp Wt 59k - 1 Mile - Santa Anita
6. MY OPTION - 99 - Chicago Handicap (G3) - 7 Furlongs (Polytrack) - Arlington
7. BIG KICK - 98 - San Juan Capistrano Stakes (G2) - 1 3/4 Miles - Santa Anita
7. SILVER MAX - 98 - Firecracker Stakes (G2) - 1 Mile (Turf) - Churchill
9. DECLASSIFY - 97 - Triple Bend Stakes (G1) - 7 Furlongs - Santa Anita
9. QUALIFY - 97 - OC 30k/N2X -N - 1 Mile - Monmouth
9. RIPOSTE (GB) - 97 - New York Stakes (G2) - 1 1/4 Miles (Turf) - Belmont
12. BET SEATTLE - 96 - OC 100k/C - 6 Furlongs (Polytrack) - Arlington
13. AMERICAN PRIDE - 95 - OC 40k/N1X -N - 6 Furlongs - Santa Anita
13. CARVE - 95 - Cornhusker Handicap (G3) - 1 1/8 Miles - Prairie Meadows
13. CHEROKEE ARTIST - 95 - Mr. Prospector Stakes - 6 Furlongs - Monmouth
13. GOOD LORD - 95 - Kelly's Landing Stakes - 7 Furlongs - Churchill
13. JUST CHILLIN BOSS - 95 - Alw 5000s - 6 Furlongs - Belterra
13. UNTAPABLE - 95 - Mother Goose Stakes (G1) - 1 1/16 Miles - Belmont
19. ALACO CASTLE - 94 - Clm c-16000 - 6 Furlongs - Churchill
19. MAGIC HARBOR - 94 - Clm c-(12.5-10.5)N4L - 1 Mile - Parx
19. SPRING TO THE SKY - 94 - OC 80k/N3X -N - 6 Furlongs (Turf) - Belmont
22. HARDEST CORE - 93 - OC 40k/N3X -N - 1 1/16 Miles (Turf) - Parx
22. MY TEE TIME - 93 - OC 20k/C - 5 1/2 Furlongs - Suffolk
22. ROSE BRIER - 93 - OC 30k/N2X -N - 1 1/16 Miles (Turf) - Delaware
22. WILDCAT RED - 93 - Quality Road Stakes - 1 1/16 Miles - Gulfstream
*MAJESTIC HARBOR's lifetime past performances are available at the bottom of this blog post
*ALACO CASTLE was claimed for $16,000 by trainer George Bush from Michelle Lovell.
*MAGIC HARBOR was claimed for $12,500 by trainer Edward Auwarter from Keith Lebarron.
*The links to the five most recent blogs (and blog comments) are listed below:
You can follow me on Twitter @DRF_DanIllman
I'll post the link to the weekend graded stakes videos once they are completed.
Congrats to Gerry V. for finishing first in last week's HandiGambling race.
Rick M's scoresheet is available at the bottom of this blog post.
On tab 2 you will see each HG Race we've held and they are color coded to denote if the race was run on Turf, Dirt or Poly.
Let's go with Saturday's Belmont Derby Invitational for this week's race.
PAST PERFORMANCES ARE AVAILABLE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG POST.
SR Vegas and Rick M. have graciously decided to streamline all of the HG rules in order to make them an easier read for everyone...
With so many new people attending Dan's Formblog we thought it would be a good time to update the Handigambling Guidelines and Rules as we go forward in 2014.
Let's remember WHY we began the HandiGambling races in the first place. The goal was to share ideas on why we like these horses and why we're betting them the way we are. We are not asking for a novel but if you could spare a sentence or two outlining your handicapping angles and thought processes about wagering, it would be appreciated.
- Please start your post with HG or HANDIGAMBLING to better recognize and find your entry.
- You have a mythical $100 to wager in whatever format you choose and that is available for that HG race.
Anyone going over the $100 limit will be disqualified.
- Post your WAGER and ANALYSIS to the blog WITH YOUR NAME/OR MONIKER AT THE END OF THE POST. Remember that posts may start as 'anonymous' or an 'alternate name'. You MUST sign yourself at the end (even if it is the same) This enables the scorekeeper to recognize you .
- (1) ONE ENTRY per person for the Handigambling contest. If you have multiple email addresses, use just ONE for contest purposes. Multiple entries will be cause for disqualification.
- Separate your analysis from the wager and use the horses # in your wager. Just like you would do in a real wager. No horse names.
-In the event of a tie, the earliest post gets first preference. Dan reserves the right to approve or deny any entries.
- The winner will receive a "Monthly Enhanced 60-Card Past Performance Plan"
As an example :
The speed in this race goes to horses # 1, 4 ,6 ..Ennie , Meenie, and Mo
Since it's a sprint I don't see any closers catching them.. like # 9 Miney.
I think trainer Groucho with the #6 Mo has the best stats in this condition, route to sprint.. just a gut feeling at large odds ML 20-1
50$ Ex box 1-6
A MORE DETAILED ANALYSIS IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED !
REMEMBER, IF YOU ARE DECLARED THE WINNER OF THE HANDIGAMBLING EXERCISE; PLEASE CONTACT FORMBLOG@DRF.COM WITH YOUR DRF LOGIN AND PASSWORD IN ORDER TO ACCESS YOUR PRIZE PACKAGE.
ALSO, IF THE WINNER WOULD LIKE TO SELECT THE FOLLOWING WEEK'S RACE, PLEASE CONTACT FORMBLOG@DRF.COM NO LATER THAN THE FOLLOWING WEDNESDAY MORNING (A FRIDAY RACE IS MOST IDEAL)
|Copy of Formblog Woodbine Turf 6-27-14.xls||73.5 KB|
|BELMONT DERBY.pdf||190.98 KB|
|MAJESTIC HARBOR.pdf||725.97 KB|
HG Belmont Derby I just can't seem to get Global View out of my head for some reason. So I will box him with the euros and Flamboyant and hope for the best. I think he will do fine with the added distance and he has won on good turf. $15 ex box 4,10 ($30) $15 ex box 7,10 ($30) $10 ex box 5,10 ($20) $10 ex box 8,10 ($20) Good luck to all ! Dick W
HG: I just noticed that Hot and Nasty has the 7/4 for the max, so I'll change my wager. HGBELMONTDERBY wager: $100.00 ex 4/7. Biggar W Good luck to all
HG: The hottest sire in the world is Galileo, they can run all day on any surface, two runners here by him: Adelaide and Global View. Adelaide might not offer any value and I don't like the fact that Joseph is not coming to ride him, so lets go with Global View $100 win 10 Michel de Botton
HG Belmont race 7. Gonna make pick early here as I head for class reunion on Saturday and have to lose 10 pounds before appearing. Ok not gonna happen. HG Belmont pick $100.00 win on #3 based on Ramsey making a late move to win owners title at Belmont. My name is Dale Tillotson and I support this HG bet with Dans money. Now off to the hot box with the jockeys.
Bernard I thought you would like the article. We also enjoyed the World Cup today...onward and upward to Germany and Brazil. Home team crowd is having a great time of it. Enjoy the football . TVG ( the only cable, horse racing outlet I currently get) has live UK racing getting started early ( 5:30 am pt) tomorrow. I'm sure (hopefully?) they will have Sandown and Haydock for me to watch . Good luck ! Van Savant Enjoy your culinary celebrations. Sounds delish' and fun ! We are doing a brined soaked, spicy seasoned Beer Butt chicken ...err ..Beer can chicken on the grill :) ..and will light a couple sparklers for me and the RAH. SR Vegas
Bernard; No problem. We understand that you folks have regular phrases over there, like calling soccer football (even though it is soccer). We are here to help. My brother too, is afflicted. Sometimes my wife as well (snort!). Later gator vs
I like this one better!!!!! Woodbine 07/06/2014 Race 11 Queen's Plate 6 WE MISS ARTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Double go get em WMA!!!!!!! Back on the surface he never should have left to begin with! ETOBICOKE, Ontario – We Miss Artie appeared to have plenty in reserve when he won the Plate Trial Stakes under North America’s top rider, Javier Castellano, and a peak performance seems forthcoming when he goes favored Sunday at Woodbine in the $1 million Queen’s Plate. Jeanne
Los Alamitos Race 7 American Flag Stakes Go 6 Sky Kingdom!!!!!!!!!! My 2012 first MKB draw. Happy and SAFE 4th of July to all!!! Jeanne
I really, really wasn't going to say anything more. I was going to put away the laptop, settle down to a nice Chinese takeaway and watch the football. But then I just read that "The Arc isn't in that league" apparently because F&Ms win it "routinely", precisely as intended by weight for age and the fillies allowance. The inmates have now taken over the asylum. Best Regards - Bernard Downes P.S. Its a regular phrase over here. No hurt or offence is intended to anyone so afflicted, including my brother.
HG Belmont Derby Even a new guy like me wishes they had kept the historic name. VERY tough with all the European horses. I just can't "see" anything in the pp's for those races. Impossible to dismess on grass, especially soft going. I think the connections of Gailo Chop have a lot of guts NOT to race with Lasix in the US. Won last two Group 3 races, has two wins on soft ground, and never out of the money. HGWager $33 WPS #7 $1 to the PDJF Good luck to all. This week and every week.