- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsThoroughbred Past Performances
ReportsPremium NewsDigital PapersHorsemen's Products
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- TimeformUS PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Equibase PPs
- TrackMaster PPs
- Using Timeform Ratings
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- Learn to Play
- History of Horseracing
- How to read PPs
- How to use EasyForm
- How to use Formulator
- How to use TicketMaker
- Beyer Speed Figures
- Moss Pace Figures
- Using Race Shape Symbols
- Using Timeform Ratings
- BreezeFigs Handicapping
- Wagering and Winning
- Harness Night School
- Point of Call Index
- 3-Year Best Time Chart
- DRF TV
- StorePast Performances
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- TimeformUS PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Equibase & Trackmaster PPs - Thoroughbred
Gulfstream horses to watch
Let's close out 2014 by catching up on some Beyer lists, questions, and more.
*SPEECHIFY is a sprinter to watch for Team Valor International and trainer Ralph Nicks. The Harlan's Holiday colt closed out his 4-year-old campaign with a solid victory in the Grade 3 Mr. Prospector Stakes at Gulfstream Park on December 27, and has yet to run a bad race sprinting on dirt.
A $90,000 yearling RNA, Speechify is out of the multiple stakes-placed router Preach It (by Saint Ballado), a half-sister to Grade 2 Peter Pan Stakes winner Oratory. Speechify's second dam, Arrested Dreams (by Dehere), won 8 of 12 starts at distances ranging from 5 furlongs to 1 mile. She took four stakes races, finished second by a nose in the Grade 1 Matron, and earned a career-best 102 Beyer Speed Figure.
Speechify didn't face the toughest field in the world in the Mr. Prospector, but he looked good polishing off his seven rivals as the 9 to 5 betting favorite. His rider, Paco Lopez, moved Speechify into the clear to stalk the leaders 3 wide on the turn, and he finished straight and strong to score by 1 1/4 lengths over the multiple stakes-placed Risk Factor. Speechify completed the six furlongs in 1:09.54 and received a career-best 103 Beyer Speed Figure.
From six starts sprinting on the dirt, Speechify boasts a record of 5-1-0 with his only defeat coming on December 14, 2013 at the hooves of Happy My Way, a gelding beginning a six-race triple-digit Beyer streak that included a victory in the Grade 3 Maryland Sprint Handicap and a runner-up effort in the Grade 1 Alfred G. Vanderbilt Handicap.
Speechify is remarkable because he runs so well despite suffering from a restricted esophagus. He isn't able to eat solid food and survives on what his connections call a "soupy mash."
Barry Irwin, founder and CEO of Team Valor International, told Gulfstream publicity that his sprinter has come a long, long way.
"Every time I think of this horse," Irwin said. "I remember the first day he went up to Fair Hill (Training Center) and we told the trainer who used to have him up there, ‘Do not put any straw in this horses stall. Put sawdust.’ He put straw and the horse nearly choked to death. We had to take him to the hospital. It was scary."
"What he has with his throat has to be dealt with as long as he’s alive," added Nicks.
Not only does Speechify have issues with his throat, but he missed most of 2014 after undergoing surgery to repair a condylar fracture to his right front leg.
Racing fans can surely root for a horse like this.
*Keep an eye out for RACE DAY, a Tapit colt out of a half-sister to five-time Grade 1 winner Lite Light. Trained by Todd Pletcher, Race Day destroyed eight others in an 'n2x' optional claimer around a one-turn mile at Gulfstream on December 21.
Race Day was a $120,000 RNA as a Keeneland September yearling, and made his first four starts in Kentucky for trainer Kellyn Gorder. An 83-Beyer winner of a muddy-track maiden race at Keeneland on October 3, Race Day wheeled back the following month to beat winners at Churchill Downs with an 86 Beyer.
Following that effort, Race Day was purchased for $285,000 at the Keeneland November auction, and sent to Pletcher. His first start for Todd was eye-catching, to say the least.
Sent away the narrow 2 to 1 favorite, Race Day and jockey John Velazquez tracked the leaders from a tight spot in between horses. He found the inside late on the backstretch, split horses to take the lead on the turn, and drew off under a hand ride. Race Day romped by 8 1/2 lengths in 1:36.72. He received a career-best 101 Beyer Speed Figure.
"He showed a lot of courage for what he did and how tight we were going to the half-mile pole,” Velazquez told track publicity after the race. “When I let him run, he responded right away. I just gave him his head, and he took off.”
Expect to see Race Day in stakes action next time out.
*Speaking of Pletcher, his LIAM'S MAP passed a huge class test in his first start around two turns when a game winner of the $100,000 Harlan's Holiday Stakes at Gulfstream on December 13. The 11 to 10 favorite in the field of eight, Liam's Map pressed CSABA'S early pace, made the front entering the turn, and was immediately confronted by the talented VALID. Those two warriors threw it down for the final three furlongs with Liam's Map coming out a half-length better after engaging in a bumping battle in the stretch.
Liam's Map raced the 1 1/16 miles in 1:42.51, good enough for a whopping 112 Beyer and the role of likely favorite for the Grade 1 Donn Handicap on February 7.
Here are the top WINNING Beyer Speed Figures from 12/9/14 - to 12/15/14:
1. LIAM'S MAP - 112 - Harlan's Holiday Stakes - 1 1/16 Miles - 13Dec14-9GP
2. DOUBLEDOWN AGAIN - 104 - OC 80k/C -N - 6 Furlongs (Inner Dirt) - 10Dec14-8AQU
2. MICROMANAGE - 104 - Queens County Stakes - 1 1/8 Miles (Inner Dirt) - 13Dec14-8AQU
4. COUSIN STEPHEN - 99 - OC 25k/N2X -N - 1 Mile - 14Dec14-8PRX
4. NORTH OCEAN - 99 - Clm c-20000 - 1 1/16 Miles (Inner Dirt) - 14Dec14-5AQU
4. SUNBEAN - 99 - Louisiana Champions Day Classic - 1 1/8 Miles - 13Dec14-4FG
7. SCHOOL SPIRIT - 98 - OC 30k/C - 6 1/2 Furlongs - 13Dec14-8DED
8. GOOD DEED - 97 - OC 62k/C -N - 5 1/2 Furlongs (Turf) - 14Dec14-7FG
8. MERRY MEADOW - 97 - Sugar Swirl Stakes (G3) - 6 Furlongs - 13Dec14-3GP
8. MSHAWISH - 97 - El Prado Stakes - 7 1/2 Furlongs (Turf) - 13Dec14-8GP
8. TOO DIM - 97 - Louisiana Champions Day Sprint - 6 Furlongs - 13Dec14-7FG
12. ENCHANTRESS - 94 - OC 75k/N1X -N - 6 Furlongs - 13Dec14-1GP
13. GANTRY - 93 - Alw 40120C - 5 1/2 Furlongs (Turf) - 11Dec14-6FG
13. I'M STOKED - 93 - OC 62k/C - 6 Furlongs (Inner Dirt) - 15Dec14-8AQU
13. OCEAN KNIGHT - 93 - Md Sp Wt 60k - 6 Furlongs (Inner Dirt) - 13Dec14-2AQU
13. SMASH AND GRAB - 93 - OC 40k/C -N - 6 Furlongs - 10Dec14-8LRL
13. U. S. S. O'BRIEN - 93 - Golden Beach Handicap - 1 Mile - 10Dec14-9GP
18. FLAT BLACK - 92 - Alw 43300NC - 6 Furlongs - 12Dec14-7RP
19. ATLANTIC'S SMILE - 91 - Alw 67000N1X - 6 Furlongs (Inner Dirt) - 12Dec14-8AQU
19. A TOAST TO YOU - 91 - OC 62k/N2X - 6 Furlongs (Tapeta) - 12Dec14-6GG
19. MARBRE ROSE (IRE) - 91 - South Beach Stakes - 7 1/2 Furlongs (Turf) - 13Dec14-10GP
19. REAL APPEAL DEAL - 91 - Alw 40000NC - 1 Mile 70 Yards - 13Dec14-7RP
19. STRING KING - 91 - Louisiana Champions Day Turf Stakes - 1 1/16 Miles (Turf) - 13Dec14-9FG
19. VOODOO SPELL - 91 - Alw 38000N1X - 5 1/2 Furlongs (Turf) - 11Dec14-8FG
25. CLASSIC SALSA - 90 - Clm 25000N3L - 6 Furlongs (Inner Dirt) - 10Dec14-7AQU
25. CU CHULAINN - 90 - OC 25k/N2X -N - 6 1/2 Furlongs - 15Dec14-8PRX
25. DENZEL - 90 - Clm c-7500N4L - 6 Furlongs - 14Dec14-9PRX
25. LOOK QUICKLY - 90 - Alw 42265NC - 6 Furlongs (Tapeta) - 14Dec14-3GG
25. ROJO VERDE - 90 - OC 100k/ - 5 Furlongs (Turf) - 12Dec14-3TAM
25. SOUPER LUCKY - 90 - OC 32k/N3X -N - 7 Furlongs - 11Dec14-8LRL
25. TAKEN BY THE STORM - 90 - OC 40k/N2X -N - 1 1/16 Miles (Polytrack) - 14Dec14-8TP
*LIAM'S MAP's lifetime past performances are available at the bottom of this blog post.
*NORTH OCEAN was claimed for $20,000 by trainer Michael Miceli from Linda Rice.
*DENZEL was claimed for $7,500 by trainer Keith Nations from Ramon Preciado
Here are the top WINNING Beyer Speed Figures from 12/16/14 - to 12/22/14:
1. PETEIZUM - 101 - Alw 8000s - 6 Furlongs - 21Dec14-6PRX
1. RACE DAY - 101 - OC 62k/N2X -N - 1 Mile - 21Dec14-6GP
3. GRAND CONTENDER - 99 - Buddy Diliberto Memorial Stakes - 1 1/16 Miles - 19Dec14-7FG
3. ROCKET TIME - 99 - Tenacious Stakes - 1 Mile 70 Yards - Fair Grounds - 21Dec14-8FG
5. BAMA BOUND - 97 - OC 40k/N3X -N - 6 Furlongs - 20Dec14-8PRX
5. CINCO CHARLIE - 97 - Sugar Bowl Stakes - 6 Furlongs - 20Dec14-1FG
5. R LIMO JOE - 97 - Md Sp Wt 34k - 5 1/2 Furlongs - 19Dec14-5GP
8. MORE THAN A PARTY - 96 - OC 16k/N1X -N - 6 Furlongs - 18Dec14-9GP
9. ARIPEKA - 95 - OC 62k/N2X -N - 7 1/2 Furlongs (Turf) - 18Dec14-8GP
9. GRANDE SHORES - 95 - OC16k/SAL12k - 6 Furlongs - 18Dec14-1GP
11. BEYOND COMPARE - 94 - OC 40k/N2X - 1 1/16 Miles - 19Dec14-3FG
11. GHOST IS CLEAR - 94 - OC 50k/C -N - 6 1/2 Furlongs (Polytrack) - 20Dec14-7TP
13. SIETE DE OROS - 93 - Alw 25000s - 7 Furlongs - 22Dec14-4PRX
13. STORMY NOVEL - 93 - OC 32k/N3X -N - 6 Furlongs - 17Dec14-6LRL
15. CUTTY SHARK - 92 - OC 25k/N1X -N - 7 Furlongs - 19Dec14-7LRL
15. HAMMERS TERROR - 92 - Clm 35000 - 1 1/16 Miles (Turf) - 17Dec14-5GP
15. POWER ALERT (AUS) - 92 - Alw 38400NC - 5 Furlongs (Turf) - 21Dec14-9GP
15. RIVER RUSH - 92 - OC 25k/N2X - 1 1/16 Miles - 19Dec14-8LRL
15. SKY FLIGHT - 92 - Tropical Park Derby - 1 1/16 Miles (Turf) - 20Dec14-8GP
20. CASSATT - 91 - Tiffany Lass Stakes - 1 Mile 70 Yards - 21Dec14-6FG
20. DORTMUND - 91 - Los Alamitos Futurity (G1) - 1 1/16 Miles - 20Dec14-8LRC
20. HUGHES THE DADDY - 91 - Clm 12500(12.5-10)B - 6 Furlongs - 18Dec14-5FG
20. NIGHT MANEUVER - 91 - OC 40k/N2X - 6 Furlongs - 20Dec14-6FG
20. STORM POWER - 91 - Hank Mills Sr. Handicap - 1 Mile - 20Dec14-7TUP
25. BLUEGRASS SINGER - 90 - OC 75k/N1X -N - 1 Mile - 17Dec14-9GP
*The lifetime past performances for PETEIZUM and RACE DAY are available at the bottom of this blog post.
Here are the top WINNING Beyer Speed Figures from 12/23/14 - to 12/29/14:
1. SALUTOS AMIGOS - 109 - Gravesend Stakes - 6 Furlongs (Inner Dirt) - 26Dec14-3AQU
2. PURPLE EGG - 105 - OC 100k/C -N - 7 Furlongs - 26Dec14-9GP
3. SPEECHIFY - 103 - Mr. Prospector Stakes (G3) - 6 Furlongs - 27Dec14-9GP
4. SHARED BELIEF - 99 - Malibu Stakes (G1) - 7 Furlongs - 26Dec14-8SA
5. ACES HIGH - 98 - Md Sp Wt 39k - 1 Mile 70 Yards - 26Dec14-6FG
6. DIVINE OATH - 97 - W. L. McKnight Handicap (G3) - 1 1/2 Miles (Turf) - 27Dec14-10GP
7. DISTINCTIV PASSION - 96 - Midnight Lute Stakes (G3) - 6 1/2 Furlongs - 27Dec14-5SA
8. DREAM SATURDAY - 95 - OC 62k/N2X -N - 1 Mile 70 Yards (Inner Dirt) - 27Dec14-8AQU
8. SONGA - 95 - OC35k/SAL25k - 7 Furlongs - 23Dec14-3GP
10. LET'S GET CRACKIN - 94 - Clm 12500(12.5-10.5)N4L - 6 Furlongs - 27Dec14-4PEN
11. BETTYS BAMBINO - 93 - Daytona Stakes (G3) - About 6 1/2 Furlongs (Turf) - 28Dec14-8SA
11. MARV IN LAFITTE - 93 - OC 35k/C -N - 5 1/2 Furlongs - 28Dec14-3FG
13. ALERT BAY - 92 - Mathis Brothers Mile (G2) - 1 Mile (Turf) - 26Dec14-7SA
13. BRASS PEAR - 92 - Alw 57000N1X - 6 Furlongs (Inner Dirt) - 28Dec14-6AQU
13. COUGAR RIDGE - 92 - Clm 25000(25-20) - 1 Mile 70 Yards - 27Dec14-6FG
13. IRISH MISSION - 92 - La Prevoyante Handicap (G3) - 1 1/2 Miles (Turf) - 27Dec14-8GP
13. LUCKYSDREAM - 92 - Clm c-40000 - 6 Furlongs (Inner Dirt) - 26Dec14-7AQU
18. AMEN KITTEN - 90 - OC 62k/N2X -N - 1 1/16 Miles (Turf) - 28Dec14-8GP
18. NEXT SPEAKER - 90 - Clm 25000(25-22.5) - 5 1/2 Furlongs (Tapeta) - 26Dec14-7GG
18. SNAKE PIT - 90 - Clm c-40000 - 1 1/16 Miles (Inner Dirt) - 27Dec14-4AQU
21. FRIVOLITY - 89 - OC 62k/C - 6 Furlongs (Inner Dirt) - 26Dec14-8AQU
21. PUT IT FORWARD - 89 - OC16k/SAL12k - 1 1/16 Miles (Turf) - 26Dec14-6GP
23. BOLO - 88 - Eddie Logan Stakes - 1 Mile (Turf) - 27Dec14-6SA
23. CATALINA RED - 88 - Pasco Stakes - 7 Furlongs - 27Dec14-9TAM
23. FAST CITY - 88 - OC c-30k/C - 5 Furlongs - 23Dec14-6DED
23. JOHN'S ISLAND - 88 - Alw 67000N1X - 6 Furlongs (Inner Dirt) - 27Dec14-6AQU
23. LIBBY'SLUCKYCHARM - 88 - OC50k/SAL50k - 7 Furlongs - 23Dec14-9GP
23. MICKS MIRACLE - 88 - Md Sp Wt 57k - 6 1/2 Furlongs - 26Dec14-4SA
23. PEPNICK - 88 - Clm 40000(40-35) - About 6 1/2 Furlongs (Turf) - 28Dec14-6SA
23. SUE THEM ALL - 88 - OC c-25k/N2X - 1 Mile 70 Yards - 23Dec14-8PRX
*The lifetime past performances for SALUTOS AMIGOS are available at the bottom of this blog post.
*LUCKYS DREAM was claimed for $40,000 by trainer David Jacobson from Todd Pletcher.
*SNAKE PIT was claimed for $40,000 by trainer David Jacobson from Chad Brown.
*FAST CITY was claimed for $30,000 by trainer Eric Heitzmann from Karl Broberg.
*SUE THEM ALL was claimed for $25,000 by trainer Patricia Farro from Keith Lebarron.
I have found the feature Bet This, Not That to be quite informative. Unfortunately I did not save the early pieces and wonder if there is a way to get the entire compilation?
Here are some links for these informative handicapping articles:
Latest one on Santa Anita (DRF+)
Archive (DRF+) http://www.drf.com/news/mike-hogan
Latest one as free PDF: http://bit.ly/BetSA
Salutos is a monster in the Mud. 3 of my favorites now off to a stud career. Would like to compare the records of Alpha, Mucho Macho Man and Will Take Charge if you could post the lifetime PP's.
The past performances are available at the bottom of this blog post.
The annual Gulfstream Formbloggers Convention is tentatively scheduled for Friday, February 28 - Sunday, March 1, 2015. I'll be working on getting hotel discounts at the Hampton Inn, across from the track.
I can pick up/drop off at Ft. Lauderdale airport, as it's about 15 min. away and you don't need to rent a car.
Every year, Dan joins us for handicapping fun, and contests. Gulfstream has provided a private suite and gift bags in the past, plus we have other swag from Breeders' Cup, etc. The "regulars" can attest that a fantastic time is had by all.
If you'd like to be on the mailing list for information as I receive it, please email me at email@example.com
I'm really looking forward to it and hope to see as many of you as possible. The Formbloggers Convention is always great fun and Laura does a tremendous job handling all of the arrangements.
Annie and SR Vegas have compiled "The 2015 MKB Book of Kentucky Derby Prospects." I have attached it to the bottom of this blog post. Enjoy!
You can follow me on Twitter @DRF_DanIllman.
The video previews for the weekend graded stakes races will be available later in the week at the following link:
Congrats to Rick for finishing first in last week's HandiGambling tournament.
Rick M's scoresheet is available at the bottom of this blog post.
On tab 2 you will see each HG Race we've held and they are color coded to denote if the race was run on Turf, Dirt or Poly.
Let's go with Saturday's Jerome Stakes at Aqueduct for this week's event.
PAST PERFORMANCES ARE AVAILABLE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG POST.
SR Vegas and Rick M. have graciously decided to streamline all of the HG rules in order to make them an easier read for everyone...
With so many new people attending Dan's Formblog we thought it would be a good time to update the Handigambling Guidelines and Rules as we go forward in 2014.
Let's remember WHY we began the HandiGambling races in the first place. The goal was to share ideas on why we like these horses and why we're betting them the way we are. We are not asking for a novel but if you could spare a sentence or two outlining your handicapping angles and thought processes about wagering, it would be appreciated.
- Please start your post with HG or HANDIGAMBLING to better recognize and find your entry.
- You have a mythical $100 to wager in whatever format you choose and that is available for that HG race.
Anyone going over the $100 limit will be disqualified.
- Post your WAGER and ANALYSIS to the blog WITH YOUR NAME/OR MONIKER AT THE END OF THE POST. Remember that posts may start as 'anonymous' or an 'alternate name'. You MUST sign yourself at the end (even if it is the same) This enables the scorekeeper to recognize you .
- (1) ONE ENTRY per person for the Handigambling contest. If you have multiple email addresses, use just ONE for contest purposes. Multiple entries will be cause for disqualification.
- Separate your analysis from the wager and use the horses # in your wager. Just like you would do in a real wager. No horse names.
-In the event of a tie, the earliest post gets first preference. Dan reserves the right to approve or deny any entries.
- The winner will receive a "60-Card Quarterly Formulator Past Performance Plan"
As an example :
The speed in this race goes to horses # 1, 4 ,6 ..Ennie , Meenie, and Mo
Since it's a sprint I don't see any closers catching them.. like # 9 Miney.
I think trainer Groucho with the #6 Mo has the best stats in this condition, route to sprint.. just a gut feeling at large odds ML 20-1
50$ Ex box 1-6
A MORE DETAILED ANALYSIS IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED !
REMEMBER, IF YOU ARE DECLARED THE WINNER OF THE HANDIGAMBLING EXERCISE; PLEASE CONTACT FORMBLOG@DRF.COM WITH YOUR DRF LOGIN AND PASSWORD IN ORDER TO ACCESS YOUR PRIZE PACKAGE.
ALSO, IF THE WINNER WOULD LIKE TO SELECT THE FOLLOWING WEEK'S RACE, PLEASE CONTACT FORMBLOG@DRF.COM NO LATER THAN THE FOLLOWING WEDNESDAY MORNING (A FRIDAY RACE IS MOST IDEAL)
|LIAM'S MAP.pdf||611.2 KB|
|SALUTOS AMIGOS.pdf||724.1 KB|
|2015 MKB Bio Document.pdf||373.07 KB|
|Copy of Formblog Gulfstream Claiming 12-12-14.xls||78 KB|
DavidM9999 "Divine Dawn went 1:01B yesterday at FG for those following. Silverbulletday Stakes up January 17 with meeting with Top Decile. " Thanks for the heads up. I also saw another of my HW Majestic Harbor in the San Pasqual at SA on Sat. I'm thinking he would like a bit more distance , but a GR 2 win would do nicely for his dam Champagne Royal :) ..curious to see where his odds end up. SR Vegas
Annie I received a notification ...but not from DRF :( MKB entries: Sat 1/10/15 Santa Anita Race #6 1 mile 100K G3 Sham / points race 10-4-2-1 Pioneerof the West - Sonny Crockett Calculator - Pat Gavin ...But we all knew this one was coming up :) SR Vegas
Yikes ! that should read: "Now that the Eclipse FINALISTS are out "..... my bad. SR Vegas
Eclispe Now that the Eclipse Nominees are out , I saw this a while back and edited (your) list : "Jay Van Horn 6 days ago As we turn the page on 2014 I'd like to share the names of the horses who I feel ran the best and most exciting races of the year...Hopefully a few will get their names called at the Eclipse Award ceremonies.. *1. GOLDENCENTS - Male Sprinter *2. MAIN SEQUENCE -HOY , Older male, Turf Male *3. KARAKONTIE - Turf male *4. WISE DAN - Older male , Turf Male *5. CALIFORNIA CHROME -HOY , 3YO male *6. BAYERN - HOY, 3YO male *7. PALACE MALICE - Older male *8. UNTAPABLE - 3YO female *9. SHARED BELIEF - 3YO male 10. GAME ON DUDE ' Jay Van Horn Well done ! as the * ones are all finalists this year ! Too Bad they left out Game on Dude. He had an excellent career :) Now who will get the award and accolades ? finalist here : http://www.drf.com/news/2014-eclipse-awards-finalists SR Vegas
DavidM9999 Just as a lark(you can do it for practice)....just attempt a little thing that has made a difference in my bottom line........years ago when I was nuts I was a big proponent of the ALL button...it was/is the best horse on the track......but since I have stopped playing so reckless(and not profitably) I have gone away from the ALL.........and am off the old axiom that "anything can finish 3rd"......when I construct tickets......I bulk up in the 2 hole and go sparse in the 1st and 3rd hole.....JJ. can probably cite the stats...but adding the horse in the 2nd (long prices) seems to hit more often.......give it a shot on races that you are not playing as hard....
Ok..Annie, Okie, SR V, & TBTA.. ThanX much for the BDay greets. I'm going off memory, so if I was remiss w/anyone else, I apologiZe. Using my Dell Venue8 Tablet for the 1st time posting. A real pita. Too electrified w/the fingers. Dan, Nice spot play longie on Sat. @the Gulf. R4. Old Hat Stks. Gritty horse race. Came again. Won going away. Beat the 2/5. Ekati's Phaeton. Dam Sire is Capote. Son of WHO? I pay attention to you. No ambiguity. Slewster, Curtis V.
Annie ..looking sheepishly , yes...I saw those and a couple more after I posted it . Bernard Downes Glad to see you up and about despite the new doctor visits. I enjoyed the story, even without the happy ending ...perhaps next time you won't dither like an old woman ? hmmm? :) Good luck in the New Year ! ------------------------------------ TBTA "Is it me, or is colic the new laminitis? It seems there has been an incredible spate of lovely thoroughbreds who have succumbed to colic in the last few months. " I don't know if it is happening more, versus it may be reported more frequently . Saw these today : "New York-bred millionaire and Travers Stakes winner Thunder Rumble died on Jan. 6 following complications from an episode of colic at Old Friends at Cabin Creek: The Bobby Frankel Division in Greenfield Center, N.Y. The son of Thunder Puddles was 26." "Grade 2 winner Congrats is recovering from colic surgery undergone while on shuttle duty last month in Australia and is expected to stand the upcoming Northern Hemisphere breeding season....The 15-year-old son of A.P. Indy, who is based at WinStar Farm in Versailles, Ky., was finishing his Southern Hemisphere duties at Vinery Australia when the surgery was performed.... “He is back home in his own stall at Vinery Australia and continues to do very well.” The complete drf articles can be found in the "Breeding News" link, where I also read about Wildcat Heir. Sad. --------------------------------- Turf Ruler I also set up a separate HW list with another source ( Equibase Virtual stable ) let's see what happens :) Thanks for your note. SR Vegas
AlydarandEasy, I see your HOPPERTUNITY will run in the San Pasqual at SA on Sat. as the favorite. Good luck!! Annie
Al, I enjoyed your on-track observations of the two MKBs in the Jerome! Tomorrow you get to see if your TRADESMAN can beat RAY'S Royal Son, albeit not in person. Good luck!! Annie
Rodney, Congratulations on winning the HG!!! Of course you took my exacta, but the early bird does get the worm. :) Forced to try something else in the HG, I second guessed myself on the borderline contender for the MKB, Ostrolenka, that I had dropped because of concerns about his worthiness for the MKB. Good sense would have prompted me to just key the two MKBs in the top two slots of my superfecta, and with my other choices, voila. But, lucky for you, I didn't use good sense. :) Annie